Looking for info on a Stranglers support act on the 1979 Raven Tour

Listings, reviews of live gigs. The ultimate Stranglers gig archive.
Rumdoodle
SHAKESPEARO

Looking for info on a Stranglers support act on the 1979 Raven Tour

Post by Rumdoodle »

I am currently updating information for the second edition of our book, When Rock Went to College, Legends live at Lancaster university 1969-1985.
The Stranglers played a date at Lancaster on 12 October 1979.. The Raven Tour.
I know a band called The Curves, appeared as support for a Stranglers gig at the Glasgow Apollo a few days before the Lancaster concert.
Can anybody give me postive confirmation of them supporting The Stranglers at Lancaster and do you know anything more about this band?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Looking for info on a Stranglers support act on the 1979 Raven Tour

Post by theraven1979 »

Not really answering your question here but some other little bits of info....

Wasn't this the gig filmed for Tomorrrow's World?

There's also some discussion here https://www.themeninblack.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20248&p=399913&hilit=tomorrow%27s+world#p399913

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Rumdoodle
SHAKESPEARO

Re: Looking for info on a Stranglers support act on the 1979 Raven Tour

Post by Rumdoodle »

Hi
Yes, you're right..
Here's the last 1m 30s from TW on YouTube....https://youtu.be/MD6Onp-JbVc

Fireworks were also set off outside The Great Hall on the night , and according to accounts made an unholy mess of the lawns, which the University authorities were not best pleased about!
Inside the hall, a rocket on a zip wire was shot across the audience heads from the back of the balcony above, to fire up the Stranglers logo at the back of the stage.

The band also appeared here in 78 and 81. But I'll be darned if I can find out who The Curves were and if they supported them this night in 79. Just need it for accuracy in my book.

Thanks