Croydon 31/3/13 Review

Listings, reviews of live gigs. The ultimate Stranglers gig archive.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Croydon 31/3/13 Review

Post by elvisintheclouds »

The Final Chapter...
And so it came to pass that the three did go their separate ways and there remained just the one named EiTC to participate in the finale of this saga...
Which was to take place in the dark netherworld known as Croydon...
After rising from deep slumber, bought about by weariness from the previous sojourn, a great temporal anomaly was encountered. At first it was 9 and then in the same instant it was 10 and although this meant an extra hour had been spent in slumber, it did not further assist the process of recovery on this palindromic day.
So the chariot was boarded and headed in the direction of South and much sooner did he arrive in Croydon than he had before....
Although he now stood alone it was not for much longer as he was to be shown much warmth and good cheer from the clan of the familyinblack.
And soon he was inside the heart of the citadel known as Fairfield Halls.
And this strange, spacious cavern did have seats directly in the place where the celebrations were due to be held, although this did not deter the faithful from their revelry.
The Godfathers did once more make good cheer with their hearty ditties.
Then, it was time for the final flourish of the Meninblack for this, their current campaign...
And they proceeded with much vigour as if they were just starting out... The faithful were rewarded.
The ceremony was very similar to that witnessed in Newcastle with no deviation from the program and the founding father in residence.
And while some of the crowd did dance and enjoy the ceremony with abandon at the feet of the saviours, others did participate from their seated position.
Once more the masses filed out into the cold night with much happiness – although this was fused with a heart heavy in the knowledge that this was to be the last time...
... Until the next time!
Great gig, nice to meet lots of lovely fansinblack...
Uncle Sam you're in for a treat! This band is firing on all cylinders 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
bill
Rats Rally

Re: Croydon 31/3/13 Review

Post by bill »

And verily, the postulations from the one who lives in the clouds who is also known as Elvis did sit well amongst the the multitude, and they received it well.

And lo, they were neither sore (apart from those who were on their bottoms all the way through the Croydon gig) nor afraid, and a jolly good time was had by all!

Thanks Elvis!
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

My mates said it was probably one of the best Stranglers gigs they've been to for donkeys years.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Great review mate.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

bill wrote:And verily, the postulations from the one who lives in the clouds who is also known as Elvis did sit well amongst the the multitude, and they received it well.

And lo, they were neither sore (apart from those who were on their bottoms all the way through the Croydon gig) nor afraid, and a jolly good time was had by all!

Thanks Elvis!
Hear hear... Cheers Bill 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Brilliant review. You're overtaking Pidge in the review stakes. :grin:
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
straightenout
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by straightenout »

Top night in Croydon -had my doubts when i got into the venue and thought weird way to end a tour in a seated venue but turned out to be my favourite gig of the four i saw on the Tour and JJ was in an exceptionally playful mood bantering with the crowd and at one stage offering punters in the front row Lovehearts (sweets) that had been thrown on stage by a Scottish WIB -Can you Feel it , yes i certainly did and great review EITC :grin:
I don't mean Rough Looking
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Great review Mr Presley, Sir! of a: Fuckin Ace! MIB performance :wink:
cheers Burn e 77
Something better change!
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Sounds like Croydon is now the new Manchester!!!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

straightenout wrote:Top night in Croydon -had my doubts when i got into the venue and thought weird way to end a tour in a seated venue but turned out to be my favourite gig of the four i saw on the Tour and JJ was in an exceptionally playful mood bantering with the crowd and at one stage offering punters in the front row Lovehearts (sweets) that had been thrown on stage by a Scottish WIB -Can you Feel it , yes i certainly did and great review EITC :grin:
Nice one straightenout 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:Sounds like Croydon is now the new Manchester!!!
NO WAY, Fella... The City, The Ale, The Music Scene, The Techno / Psy Trance / Hard House Clubs and The Gig Scene AND MORE IMPORTANTLY... the Manc' folk knock spots off the local indigenous population of 'Kroidaaghn' Yeah the gig on Sunday was Fuckin Ace... but the locals were ???? (shit, i'm turning in2 Pidge! slaggin people off, who don't cum from Grove Park OR support Charlton :shock: )
cheers Burn e 77 :wink:
Something better change!
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

straightenout wrote:Top night in Croydon -had my doubts when i got into the venue and thought weird way to end a tour in a seated venue but turned out to be my favourite gig of the four i saw on the Tour and JJ was in an exceptionally playful mood bantering with the crowd and at one stage offering punters in the front row Lovehearts (sweets) that had been thrown on stage by a Scottish WIB -Can you Feel it , yes i certainly did and great review EITC :grin:

Was a top night & band were on excellent form. Btw Elaine is from Leeds & not Scottish at all, I threw JJ a pr of...............Caramel Bunnies for Easter (which he didn't share) :lol: