21-11-1979 Metropol, Mittwoch

Listings, reviews of live gigs. The ultimate Stranglers gig archive.
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

21-11-1979 Metropol, Mittwoch

Post by dan-electro »

I noticed that this gig should be listed as 21-11-1979 Metropol Theatre, Berlin. The Mittwoch indicated on the ticket scan is actually the day of the week (Wednesday). :wink:
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: 21-11-1979 Metropol, Mittwoch

Post by Bobinblack »

I sincerely hope this matter has not been bothering you since the date of the gig, mate :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cheers Dan - ignore Bob he's a bit special :lol: :smt006

Jim
dan-electro wrote:I noticed that this gig should be listed as 21-11-1979 Metropol Theatre, Berlin. The Mittwoch indicated on the ticket scan is actually the day of the week (Wednesday). :wink:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

Bobinblack wrote:I sincerely hope this matter has not been bothering you since the date of the gig, mate :grin:
I know, the long winter nights just fly by in East Kent :lol: I've been bottling that up for nearly 30 years and last night I just :smt073
I wish I was at that gig, the band at their peak, had to wait another 2 years before I was allowed to go and see them :smt013
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

theraven1979 wrote:Cheers Dan - ignore Bob he's a bit special :lol: :smt006

Jim
dan-electro wrote:I noticed that this gig should be listed as 21-11-1979 Metropol Theatre, Berlin. The Mittwoch indicated on the ticket scan is actually the day of the week (Wednesday). :wink:
I know there's a bit of pot, kettle and black here as Bob started a thread last week about the drum beat at the start of "5 Minutes"!! :lol:
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

dan-electro wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Cheers Dan - ignore Bob he's a bit special :lol: :smt006

Jim
I know there's a bit of pot, kettle and black here as Bob started a thread last week about the drum beat at the start of "5 Minutes"!! :lol:
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT????? :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

[/quote]I know there's a bit of pot, kettle and black here as Bob started a thread last week about the drum beat at the start of "5 Minutes"!! :lol:[/quote]

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT????? :lol:[/quote]

Nothing, great thread, a classic intro that deserves analysis by people in the know (judging by Burtinblack's drum cover thread he's the man to ask about "5 Minutes"). I noticed Jim adjusted that gig listing, I can now sleep at night!! :smt015