Most Gigs performers

Listings, reviews of live gigs. The ultimate Stranglers gig archive.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Most Gigs performers

Post by Bobinblack »

I've heard JJ say a few times in interview that he still loves the buzz of performing live to the fans. And bloody good on him for that too, but I was wondering, while reading TMTLTH it's amazing how many times the Stranglers played live b4 any vinyl releases. They didnt seem to slow up much when they became the best band in existence either!

Anyway, I'm sure there are more prolific artistes out there. Well no I'm not sure, that's why I'm posting this.

Do you think the band, or the original 3 members at least, have performed/are performing a record number of gigs compared to any other established artists? I know the Damned like a tour or two over the years, and the Rolling Stones still venture out every now and then, but have the Stranglers done more gigs than any one else?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Most Gigs performers

Post by saminblack »

...you know what Bob, that is a really interesting question and you could be on to something.

There are a lot of big bands who have been around longer - Quo, The Who, The Stones - but they probably don't gig as often as The Stranglers do now and certainly weren't as prolific a few years ago (although Quo might have quite a long lost of shows to their name thinking about it).

There are probably other smaller acts (and folk/jazz types) that gig constantly but for a high-profile band with significant sales under their belt could The Stranglers be Britain's most prolific.

Fascinating thought...
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
BazinBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by BazinBlack »

Got to admit this is something I have wondered about over the years, not so much has anyone gigged more but the total number of gigs the band have undertaken. Does anyone know the answer, if so we could keep a running tally. Another point worth mentioning is considering the huge number of gigs the band have done there have been few no shows or cancellations a testament to the band for such professionaliasm.

Bazza
Strolling along minding my own business.....
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

You know what the negative side to this is for me? I was just looking at the band's singles releases thinking that there are very few who've had more chart activity etc. What honestly pissed me off a bit was how quiet in fact they were, with maybe 3 singles released in one year if we're lucky. Why the hell didn't they release more? :evil:

We've all mentioned which singles they 'should' have brought out and which maybe they shouldn't have, but in the end they definitely could have brought MORE of the fecvkers out, esp in the early days.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.