Personal MIB moments

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
derby62
Rats Rally

Re: Personal MIB moments

Post by derby62 » 27 Sep 2011, 15:17

Thinking about this thread good memories keep coming back--it's Aug.1980 on the WWTW tour at Bath pavilion this was the
era when skinheads were causing trouble at gigs--they caused a few fights at Crawley on the second night of the tour the band
stopped and Hugh berated them--but at Bath JJ took slightly more drastic action--there was about 8 skins causing trouble and
the venues security were struggling to keep it in hand when one of the skins jumps on stage and if I remember correctly he
starts doing the sieg heil salute the band carry on playing when JJ launches a right hander on him and sends him flying through
the air and back into the crowd with this the skins are on their tails and to great cheers from the rest of the crowd gone
pretty quickly--JJ missed about 3 notes and carried on playing as if nothing had happened--classic moment :grin:

Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black » 27 Sep 2011, 16:04

by derby62 » 27 Sep 2011, 15:17

Thinking about this thread good memories keep coming back--it's Aug.1980 on the WWTW tour at Bath pavilion this was the
era when skinheads were causing trouble at gigs--they caused a few fights at Crawley on the second night of the tour the band
stopped and Hugh berated them--but at Bath JJ took slightly more drastic action--there was about 8 skins causing trouble and
the venues security were struggling to keep it in hand when one of the skins jumps on stage and if I remember correctly he
starts doing the sieg heil salute the band carry on playing when JJ launches a right hander on him and sends him flying through
the air and back into the crowd with this the skins are on their tails and to great cheers from the rest of the crowd gone
pretty quickly--JJ missed about 3 notes and carried on playing as if nothing had happened--classic moment
I'll vouch for that at Bath.
You live by the sword, you die by the sword

Quite spectacular I seem to remember & he was a big twunt too!
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 27 Sep 2011, 18:54

derby62 wrote:...-JJ missed about 3 notes and carried on playing as if nothing had happened--classic moment :grin:
:lol: Nice one!
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT » 28 Sep 2011, 00:32

Lots of happy memories starting with the first purchase , Rattus in 77 and the dawning /awakening of a passion that has stayed with me for 34 years. But the one enduring memory is the night JJ took me out when I lived in London during the summer of 79. What a treat!

APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by APOLLO79 » 28 Sep 2011, 01:03

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT wrote:Lots of happy memories starting with the first purchase , Rattus in 77 and the dawning /awakening of a passion that has stayed with me for 34 years. But the one enduring memory is the night JJ took me out when I lived in London during the summer of 79. What a treat!
WoW! :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 02 Oct 2011, 21:54

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT wrote:Lots of happy memories starting. But the one enduring memory is the night JJ took me out when I lived in London during the summer of 79. What a treat!
C'mon then spill the beans? And are you male or female btw? ;-)

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT » 06 Oct 2011, 20:26

ThruBeingCool wrote:
SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT wrote:Lots of happy memories starting. But the one enduring memory is the night JJ took me out when I lived in London during the summer of 79. What a treat!
C'mon then spill the beans? And are you male or female btw? ;-)
Female, well i was the last time i looked!
Dont feel comfortable saying too much( Ive edited this already! lol) but suffice to say it was a great evening and for a 17 nearly 18 year old girl the prospect of meeting up with a Strangler unchaperoned was a bit of a scarey thing . He knew I was going to London, I,d left him my number and he rang me and arranged for me to meet him at the Air Studios .One of the highlights though was meeting Kate Bush who was recording there at the time. JJ was late! and I met her in the loos and had a lovely chat. I was a big fan ( still am) and it was a real treat . What I can tell you is part of the evening included a couple of hours at a Lizard gig .It was a great night and JJ was the perfect gent.
Last edited by SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT on 06 Oct 2011, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 09 Oct 2011, 21:17

Yeah, but did he **** you :?: That's what we all want to know, innit :?: :smt009
Last edited by ThruBeingCool on 09 Oct 2011, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 09 Oct 2011, 21:21

"CENSORED"

Blackbeered
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Blackbeered » 09 Oct 2011, 23:43

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT wrote: One of the highlights though was meeting Kate Bush who was recording there at the time...... I was a big fan ( still am) and it was a real treat.
One or two mentions of Kate Bush recently on here.............nice :smt023
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 10 Oct 2011, 12:47

ThruBeingCool wrote:Yeah, but did he **** you :?: That's what we all want to know, innit :?: :smt009

Get to the point Baz! :|
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by SHE SHOULDNT DO THAT » 21 Oct 2011, 19:01

ThruBeingCool wrote:Yeah, but did he **** you :?: That's what we all want to know, innit :?: :smt009
I AM SURE I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!! A LADY DOESNT SPEAK OF SUCH THINGS.