Going to see the MIB abroad.... - Did anyone else do thsoe SIS trips?

Any `classic` topics will be moved here.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
gizzard wrote:
Where were you then Bazza :?:
Good point!

Must have fucked off for a piss or summat as I spent most of the gig down at the front!
Were you on the other crowd pic-the darker one of the 2. Must give credit to the photographer who also happened to be a singer in his spare time too! :lol:
Did someone say "Wonky"?

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

mantheylovetohate wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:The fan at the very front of the crowd picture, slightly to the right, has a Raven tshirt on (as do others). Behind him is a chap who looks like the guy on the front cover of the Royal Albert Hall DVD/Video cover.
It is him Paul- I think he's called Scott (Philp?) from memory.... It was the same pose on Friday 13th too!
His face is instantly recogniseable ! Brilliant picture Owen.

How many people in that picture are on here ? Seems like an era ago.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Have got one of everone waiting for the coach to collect us in Amsterdam but it's out of focus :roll: Enjoyable trip & a shame that I never got to organise another one..... :idea:
Did someone say "Wonky"?

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

mantheylovetohate wrote: Enjoyable trip & a shame that I never got to organise another one..... :idea:
It's never too late. ;-)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Indeed....

:lol:

Claire
Claireinblack
kent

scott
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by scott »

I've got photos from Utrecht and Pinkpop - including the group shot that was published in Strangled (a blow up of the original Saz had) and some from the Utrecht skipper trip on the coach and stopping at a road side cafe, etc.

Unfortunately they are, for now, safely locked up back in the the UK. But I'll get them digitalised next time I'm over and post them up for anyone who might want a copy.

Also have numerous shots of building and testing the Ravenlunatic bathtub boat (with and without JJ).

From what I remember about Pinkpop there was some aggression from the audience at the inordinate delay in The Stranglers coming on the stage, and the loud Scandanavian rock band who played before bore the brunt of that as they were heckled for playing so long. Items were thrown at the stage after The Stranglers left having pereformed a very short set.
John Peel was one of the MCs that day and he came on stage to ask for order to be restored amongst the crowd.

I took some 8mm footage of the day - a few brief clips of The Stranglers on stage, some of the fans heading back to the bus. Nothing great, but it has a nice vintage feel to it now (especially as it is all in silent footage).
There were no movie cameras allowed into the festival ground, but I managed to smuggle the camera in beneath my jacket - wasn't going to leave it behind on the bus aftere carrying it all the way from London.

Great write-up on the Utrecht gig earlier in this thread (which I've only just found). I dared my mate Rob to jump on stage at Utrecht near the end of the show, which he did, only to be lifted in the air by manager Dino and taken out by the side entrance, although he was allowed back into the main hall almost immediatly.

The stage crew that day were verey good, handing out bits from the stage, set lists and stuff. I managed to walk away with the Duracell battery from JJ's guitar radio transmitter pack - the battery was featured in a Q magazine a few years later when they ran an article on the 'concert junk' fans collect.
I still have the battery.

Anyway, before I lose all credibility (what do you mean too late?) I'll stop here.

scott
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by scott »

I was wearing a Sgt Pepper-esque (albeit mostly black) jacket if anyone can cast their mind back that far.

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Fantastic stuff Scott! :grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

PaulinLondon wrote:
mantheylovetohate wrote: Enjoyable trip & a shame that I never got to organise another one..... :idea:
It's never too late. ;-)
;-)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

scott wrote:I was wearing a Sgt Pepper-esque (albeit mostly black) jacket if anyone can cast their mind back that far.
Don't remember the jacket but your face looks familiar....

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Not a bad line-up was it? 8)
Last edited by ThruBeingCool on 31 Mar 2010, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Great stuff Scott I wouldn't mind seeing some of those photos/footage

jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"