Liz's site.......... What 'really' happened?

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Anyone know?

Lack of interest?
10%
Funding?
13%
stranglersforum.de? (unlikely I know!)
No votes
'Official' interference?
10%
Indifference?
3%
Too 'orange'?
13%
Liz just got totally fecked off with all the argumentativeness and decided to knock it on t'ead?
33%
Too many feckin polls?
No votes
Defection to other 'Stranglers' sites?
10%
Other?
8%

Total votes: 39

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

French Language Section

Post by Bear Cage » 15 Oct 2007, 10:00

theraven1979 wrote:Would they're be enough interest though? I don't add section's lightly. Can we put this to the vote or something?

Jim
If you add a French (or any other Language) section, we will then lose the contributions to coversation within the English language sections.

Also there is a risk of increasing the used bandwidth with just repetition as the sections fill up with the same info in two languages.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.

womaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by womaninblack » 15 Oct 2007, 18:08

Would they're be enough interest though? I don't add section's lightly. Can we put this to the vote or something?
Jim

:?: :?:
French forum: is it a good idea? You've right: why not to let the members here choose and put a vote?
I'm too on stranglersforum.de , but I think this one is less dynamic and varied than here( it's a personnal view)
un jour parfait

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon » 15 Oct 2007, 18:22

theraven1979 wrote:I'm happy to set up a French section on here - someone would have to moderate it though as I'm too thick to speak French (I struggle with English at the best of times!)

Jim

What is french? Some form of pigeon english jimbo
womaninblack wrote::( :(
I'm agree with you that's a shame to lose french forum, but I think that most of the members of Liz's french forum are here too , and can read and speak English, not necessarily fluently ( like me). As for me, it's a good exercice to try to understand some words not common for me. But you're right: why not to suggest to create here a forum where french ( and belgian) people can express oneself and share their impressions - emotions about the band ( and others) :?: :?:
Et en français, merci pour les photos et la revue du concert de Poperinge.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon » 15 Oct 2007, 22:04

Keep things as they are.

The French can show off their English, the British can show off their French.

Bit a like school exchange trip but this time with booze. :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon » 15 Oct 2007, 22:04

And fags. :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 15 Oct 2007, 22:05

PaulinLondon wrote:And fags. :grin:
Speak for yourself, ducky.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 24 Oct 2007, 21:51

I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re:

Post by parasiteinblack » 10 Aug 2009, 23:16

MANUINBLACK wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:I think ( only guessing mind ) it may have been a number of things .
When the site was changed , I think only a fraction of old members returned , the discussions had become limited too , maybe Liz decided to call it a day , BUT , some official notice would have been nice ( I found this site through that one ) .
Maybe the people were playing the games on there more than entering the discussions . Its a shame as it was once a very good site .

I for one liked and enjoyed some of the arguements .....especially a very long one about John Ellis once...though some did get carried away .
i reckon you hit the nail on the head there cos i went nutty on the games trying to be "mr high score" on as many games as poss limiting time to post proper stuff.this might have settled down after a few more months though as there were some good people on there with plenty good to say. more pro paul on there than here ....by a looooooooooong way.
you WERE Mr High Score for a very long time until I toppled you as I recall.... :lol:
Can't remember the final standings though, you may have reclaimed your title. :lol:

That John Ellis thread was great. Whatever happened to Liz, Goggins, Ratman, Great Elmyra....? Is Alenyx even still around?
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Re:

Post by MANUINBLACK » 11 Aug 2009, 13:20

parasiteinblack wrote:
MANUINBLACK wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:I think ( only guessing mind ) it may have been a number of things .
When the site was changed , I think only a fraction of old members returned , the discussions had become limited too , maybe Liz decided to call it a day , BUT , some official notice would have been nice ( I found this site through that one ) .
Maybe the people were playing the games on there more than entering the discussions . Its a shame as it was once a very good site .

I for one liked and enjoyed some of the arguements .....especially a very long one about John Ellis once...though some did get carried away .
i reckon you hit the nail on the head there cos i went nutty on the games trying to be "mr high score" on as many games as poss limiting time to post proper stuff.this might have settled down after a few more months though as there were some good people on there with plenty good to say. more pro paul on there than here ....by a looooooooooong way.
Might be on here under different names :!: twas a good site though but weird when it just disappeared :? hey ho as it just made me look elsewhere for my "fix" and found this place 8)

you WERE Mr High Score for a very long time until I toppled you as I recall.... :lol:
Can't remember the final standings though, you may have reclaimed your title. :lol:

That John Ellis thread was great. Whatever happened to Liz, Goggins, Ratman, Great Elmyra....? Is Alenyx even still around?
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Re:

Post by saminblack » 11 Aug 2009, 13:57

I remember that site with affection. It was my first Stranglers Forum and it always seemed quite friendly as it was quite small.

But when it kicked of it really kicked off and I am grateful for the reminder of the legend that was Goggins. He wa usually the first boot to be seen when it did kick off and he wqouldn't stop kicking. .

Whatever happened to the Goggins? :?:
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Liz's site.......... What 'really' happened?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling » 08 Apr 2010, 18:34

Never joinde taht forum, but i did notised the selpping there was atrocious, put me off a bit like.
Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n roll

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Liz's site.......... What 'really' happened?

Post by theraven1979 » 08 Apr 2010, 19:42

I never bothered either seemed a bit clicky :grin:

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Never joinde taht forum, but i did notised the selpping there was atrocious, put me off a bit like.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"