BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!
Post Reply

BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

No more blondes in the band
8
5%
Baz's singing
15
9%
JJ singing more songs
101
58%
Another new era..it's the anticipation of things to come
33
19%
Not having to fork out for the SBE DVD
1
1%
Hopefully it won't be YEARS before the next album
7
4%
Harmony will come to the forum
2
1%
Arguing about who is actually the lead singer
6
3%
 
Total votes: 173

GripGavin
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 25
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 23:23

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by GripGavin » 01 Jul 2011, 15:59

What is a SBE DVD??

User avatar
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 13319
Joined: 14 Sep 2005, 12:54
Location: Horny, but tainted with melancholy.
Contact:

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by Alias » 01 Jul 2011, 19:29

The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.
DVD was originally used as an initialism for the unofficial term digital videodisk.
A newsgroup FAQ written by Jim Taylor (a prominent figure in the industry) claims that four years later, in 1999, the DVD Forum stated that the format name was simply the three letters "DVD" and did not stand for anything.

Hope this helps :smt006
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

User avatar
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 821
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 14:05
Location: Manchester

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by fourth horseman » 01 Jul 2011, 19:38

Alias wrote:The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.
DVD was originally used as an initialism for the unofficial term digital videodisk.
A newsgroup FAQ written by Jim Taylor (a prominent figure in the industry) claims that four years later, in 1999, the DVD Forum stated that the format name was simply the three letters "DVD" and did not stand for anything.

Hope this helps :smt006
I though DVD meant Deep Vaginal Drilling?

'Fancy coming round for a DVD tonight?' :lol:
Shove it up yer bollocks then!

User avatar
icecube
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2726
Joined: 07 Jan 2005, 14:28
Location: In a chair

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by icecube » 01 Jul 2011, 20:22

Silly Bloody Ejet
This can't be undone

Image

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12492
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by gizzard » 01 Jul 2011, 20:39

Sore Bell End.

:smt005 :oops: :smt005
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

User avatar
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 9938
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 21:45
Location: kent

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by Claireinblack » 01 Jul 2011, 20:44

gizzard wrote:Sore Bell End.

:smt005 :oops: :smt005


:shock:

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent

User avatar
icecube
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2726
Joined: 07 Jan 2005, 14:28
Location: In a chair

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by icecube » 01 Jul 2011, 20:54

GripGavin wrote:What is a SBE DVD??
Sorry Grip, Shepherds Bush Empire DVD
This can't be undone

Image

User avatar
Ribery
Rats Rally
Posts: 434
Joined: 06 Oct 2011, 10:14
Location: Hildesheim - Germany.

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by Ribery » 16 Oct 2011, 22:29

I couldn't find the option for "I'll never have to listen to him insist on us watch him light his farts again after the gig".

seely
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Nov 2011, 20:42

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by seely » 25 Dec 2011, 23:36

fourth horseman wrote:
Alias wrote:The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.
DVD was originally used as an initialism for the unofficial term digital videodisk.
A newsgroup FAQ written by Jim Taylor (a prominent figure in the industry) claims that four years later, in 1999, the DVD Forum stated that the format name was simply the three letters "DVD" and did not stand for anything.

Hope this helps :smt006
I though DVD meant Deep Vaginal Drilling?

'Fancy coming round for a DVD tonight?' :lol:
Please consider this quote now officially stolen :mrgreen:

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by Someone like you? » 09 Feb 2013, 03:09

1,New era.
2, JJ sings more.
But then again I think Suite XVI is a very weak album compared say to About Time,and Norfolk Coast? Only 2 decent tracks are I Hate You Now-JJ song, and She`s Slipping Away(which sounds like a Paul song)?
Also to put things into context,Acoustic Set-Convention CD, features quite a few Paul era classics, as in, Long Black Veil, Dutch Moon, Mine All Mine etc.
Personally I miss Pauls vocal input,but am aware of some of the reasons why he left, and why some fans didn`t dig him!?
Remember circa 1990-96ish? The `Glers stayed alive after a painful Hugh departure? He was fresh blood, helped keep em alive?
Technically a very good singer,fantastic range etc. But annoying stage prescence, (tried TOO hard to fit in/prove himself)? ???
Its taken me untill Giants to get used to Baz`s style.
Then again Baz undoubtedly "Fills" Hughs vacant shoes, a lot better. 2 front men,(like the Hugh days)? and is a fantastic guitarist, fits the original MiB dynamic a lot better? Hence, please`s those who didn`t like Paul as a "non guitarist/Hugh" replacement"?
YES! there were those quirky movements,nervous mannerisms of Pauls, BUT remember, listen to the "classics" of In the Night,About Time,Norfolk Coast era-The boy could sing.
Last note. The Stranglers even by their "knockers" admission "Always morphed musically/Technically fantastic musicians"? LIKE THEIR MUSIC, THEIR LINE-UP MORPHED !?
This is from a fan from 1978 who took 5 years to "get" Paul.ALWAYS wanted Hugh back untill About Time came out.
(Remember no-one can be ALL things to ALL men)
Thats part of their allure? Viva the MiB!
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

User avatar
parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2930
Joined: 26 Nov 2003, 11:57
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by parasiteinblack » 09 Feb 2013, 10:52

Someone like you? wrote:1,New era.
2, JJ sings more.
But then again I think Suite XVI is a very weak album compared say to About Time,and Norfolk Coast? Only 2 decent tracks are I Hate You Now-JJ song, and She`s Slipping Away(which sounds like a Paul song)?
Also to put things into context,Acoustic Set-Convention CD, features quite a few Paul era classics, as in, Long Black Veil, Dutch Moon, Mine All Mine etc.
Personally I miss Pauls vocal input,but am aware of some of the reasons why he left, and why some fans didn`t dig him!?
Remember circa 1990-96ish? The `Glers stayed alive after a painful Hugh departure? He was fresh blood, helped keep em alive?
Technically a very good singer,fantastic range etc. But annoying stage prescence, (tried TOO hard to fit in/prove himself)? ???
Its taken me untill Giants to get used to Baz`s style.
Then again Baz undoubtedly "Fills" Hughs vacant shoes, a lot better. 2 front men,(like the Hugh days)? and is a fantastic guitarist, fits the original MiB dynamic a lot better? Hence, please`s those who didn`t like Paul as a "non guitarist/Hugh" replacement"?
YES! there were those quirky movements,nervous mannerisms of Pauls, BUT remember, listen to the "classics" of In the Night,About Time,Norfolk Coast era-The boy could sing.
Last note. The Stranglers even by their "knockers" admission "Always morphed musically/Technically fantastic musicians"? LIKE THEIR MUSIC, THEIR LINE-UP MORPHED !?
This is from a fan from 1978 who took 5 years to "get" Paul.ALWAYS wanted Hugh back untill About Time came out.
(Remember no-one can be ALL things to ALL men)
Thats part of their allure? Viva the MiB!
Great post mate 8)
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

Someone like you?
Rats Rally
Posts: 414
Joined: 19 Oct 2010, 20:29
Location: Dog House Sussex

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by Someone like you? » 09 Feb 2013, 14:42

Glad ya liked it mate. Cheers PiB.
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Post Reply