BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

No more blondes in the band
5%
Baz's singing
9%
JJ singing more songs
58%
Another new era..it's the anticipation of things to come
19%
Not having to fork out for the SBE DVD
1%
Hopefully it won't be YEARS before the next album
4%
Harmony will come to the forum
1%
Arguing about who is actually the lead singer
3%

Total votes: 173

GripGavin
SHAKESPEARO

Re: BEST THING ABOUT PAUL'S DEPARTURE

Post by GripGavin » 01 Jul 2011, 15:59

What is a SBE DVD??

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias » 01 Jul 2011, 19:29

The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.
DVD was originally used as an initialism for the unofficial term digital videodisk.
A newsgroup FAQ written by Jim Taylor (a prominent figure in the industry) claims that four years later, in 1999, the DVD Forum stated that the format name was simply the three letters "DVD" and did not stand for anything.

Hope this helps :smt006
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'

fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman » 01 Jul 2011, 19:38

Alias wrote:The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.
DVD was originally used as an initialism for the unofficial term digital videodisk.
A newsgroup FAQ written by Jim Taylor (a prominent figure in the industry) claims that four years later, in 1999, the DVD Forum stated that the format name was simply the three letters "DVD" and did not stand for anything.

I though DVD meant Deep Vaginal Drilling?

'Fancy coming round for a DVD tonight?' :lol:
Shove it up yer bollocks then!

icecube
The Raven
The Raven

Post by icecube » 01 Jul 2011, 20:22

Silly Bloody Ejet
This can't be undone

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard » 01 Jul 2011, 20:39

Sore Bell End.

:smt005 :oops: :smt005
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack » 01 Jul 2011, 20:44

gizzard wrote:Sore Bell End.

:smt005 :oops: :smt005

:shock:

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent

icecube
The Raven
The Raven

Post by icecube » 01 Jul 2011, 20:54

GripGavin wrote:What is a SBE DVD??
Sorry Grip, Shepherds Bush Empire DVD
This can't be undone

Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery » 16 Oct 2011, 22:29

I couldn't find the option for "I'll never have to listen to him insist on us watch him light his farts again after the gig".

seely
SHAKESPEARO

Post by seely » 25 Dec 2011, 23:36

fourth horseman wrote:
Alias wrote:The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term "digital versatile disc". Usage in the present day varies, with Digital Versatile Disc,Digital Video Disc, and DVD being the most common.

I though DVD meant Deep Vaginal Drilling?

'Fancy coming round for a DVD tonight?' :lol:
Please consider this quote now officially stolen :mrgreen:

Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Post by Someone like you? » 09 Feb 2013, 03:09

1,New era.
2, JJ sings more.
But then again I think Suite XVI is a very weak album compared say to About Time,and Norfolk Coast? Only 2 decent tracks are I Hate You Now-JJ song, and She`s Slipping Away(which sounds like a Paul song)?
Also to put things into context,Acoustic Set-Convention CD, features quite a few Paul era classics, as in, Long Black Veil, Dutch Moon, Mine All Mine etc.
Personally I miss Pauls vocal input,but am aware of some of the reasons why he left, and why some fans didn`t dig him!?
Remember circa 1990-96ish? The `Glers stayed alive after a painful Hugh departure? He was fresh blood, helped keep em alive?
Technically a very good singer,fantastic range etc. But annoying stage prescence, (tried TOO hard to fit in/prove himself)? ???
Its taken me untill Giants to get used to Baz`s style.
Then again Baz undoubtedly "Fills" Hughs vacant shoes, a lot better. 2 front men,(like the Hugh days)? and is a fantastic guitarist, fits the original MiB dynamic a lot better? Hence, please`s those who didn`t like Paul as a "non guitarist/Hugh" replacement"?
YES! there were those quirky movements,nervous mannerisms of Pauls, BUT remember, listen to the "classics" of In the Night,About Time,Norfolk Coast era-The boy could sing.
Last note. The Stranglers even by their "knockers" admission "Always morphed musically/Technically fantastic musicians"? LIKE THEIR MUSIC, THEIR LINE-UP MORPHED !?
This is from a fan from 1978 who took 5 years to "get" Paul.ALWAYS wanted Hugh back untill About Time came out.
(Remember no-one can be ALL things to ALL men)
Thats part of their allure? Viva the MiB!
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by parasiteinblack » 09 Feb 2013, 10:52

Someone like you? wrote:1,New era.
2, JJ sings more.
But then again I think Suite XVI is a very weak album compared say to About Time,and Norfolk Coast? Only 2 decent tracks are I Hate You Now-JJ song, and She`s Slipping Away(which sounds like a Paul song)?
Also to put things into context,Acoustic Set-Convention CD, features quite a few Paul era classics, as in, Long Black Veil, Dutch Moon, Mine All Mine etc.
Personally I miss Pauls vocal input,but am aware of some of the reasons why he left, and why some fans didn`t dig him!?
Remember circa 1990-96ish? The `Glers stayed alive after a painful Hugh departure? He was fresh blood, helped keep em alive?
Technically a very good singer,fantastic range etc. But annoying stage prescence, (tried TOO hard to fit in/prove himself)? ???
Its taken me untill Giants to get used to Baz`s style.
Then again Baz undoubtedly "Fills" Hughs vacant shoes, a lot better. 2 front men,(like the Hugh days)? and is a fantastic guitarist, fits the original MiB dynamic a lot better? Hence, please`s those who didn`t like Paul as a "non guitarist/Hugh" replacement"?
YES! there were those quirky movements,nervous mannerisms of Pauls, BUT remember, listen to the "classics" of In the Night,About Time,Norfolk Coast era-The boy could sing.
Last note. The Stranglers even by their "knockers" admission "Always morphed musically/Technically fantastic musicians"? LIKE THEIR MUSIC, THEIR LINE-UP MORPHED !?
This is from a fan from 1978 who took 5 years to "get" Paul.ALWAYS wanted Hugh back untill About Time came out.
(Remember no-one can be ALL things to ALL men)
Thats part of their allure? Viva the MiB!
Great post mate 8)
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Post by Someone like you? » 09 Feb 2013, 14:42

Glad ya liked it mate. Cheers PiB.
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"