More Powerful bass line

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Which bass line is more powerful and ear catching (it's a word yeah) out of my two favourite ones

Peaches
56%
Deadringer
44%

Total votes: 86

johnnyg1968
Ugly
Ugly

Post by johnnyg1968 »

How about TOILER ON THE SEA or GOODBYE TOULOUSE very fast and accurate palying and two of my all time fave songs
"THE OTHER NIGHT I CHANCED UPON AN IRATE CATERPILLAR"

atlas
SHAKESPEARO

Post by atlas »

im suprised that no one else seems to think so but id put nice n sleazy up there.
atlas

LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

I love the sound of JJ's bass, this is what attracted me to the band in the 70's when I heard Peaches on the radio. JJ Has a great style.
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root

R.J.
SHAKESPEARO

Post by R.J. »

Newbies answer would be dead ringer , and could you tell me is it deffinatly jj that starts heroes as a man i know reckons the bass cannot do that!!

rich
if you see me walking down the str.....

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

R.J. wrote:Newbies answer would be dead ringer , and could you tell me is it deffinatly jj that starts heroes as a man i know reckons the bass cannot do that!!

rich
Well correct me if I'm mistaken, but having studied the subject from just a few feet away on many occasions, I feel confident that it is indeed J.J. and not some interloper who thumps his bass a couple of times and then runs into that down yer back shiver intro to Heroes.
In fact I would happily pay my 20 odd quid to witness this moment alone.
Classic moment. 8)
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.

R.J.
SHAKESPEARO

Post by R.J. »

so just for that few seconds why ain't it in the poll! i loved it on sunday the man 's a genius.

must admit threatened is heavy heavy
if you see me walking down the str.....

yongkuk
Rats Rally

Post by yongkuk »

Turn the centuries Turn, very underated bass line - melodic and haunting. I played this to my non-stranglers loving bass playing mate and he went out and bought all the lads 1977-1983 CDs.
3000 Albums in 3000 Days
http://300albums.wordpress.com

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I've been listening to quite a few bootlegs recently and where 'Cocktail Nubiles' goes into 'Toiler' is quite simply stunning. The bass intro makes the hair on the back of your neck stand bolt upright. :smt035
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

coming your way
SHAKESPEARO

Post by coming your way »

any bass line from the black side takeaway shadows
coming your way

yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

ravenlunatic wrote:
R.J. wrote:Newbies answer would be dead ringer , and could you tell me is it deffinatly jj that starts heroes as a man i know reckons the bass cannot do that!!

rich
Well correct me if I'm mistaken, but having studied the subject from just a few feet away on many occasions, I feel confident that it is indeed J.J. and not some interloper who thumps his bass a couple of times and then runs into that down yer back shiver intro to Heroes.
Classic moment. 8)
I can vouch for that...............................uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8e5RVp6D41Q 8)

Was watching Battersea t'other night and to witness JJ's playing in 'Grip' was phenomenal. A master at the top of his game.

Samarkand
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Samarkand »

Dead Ringer is more powerful than Peaches, but Peaches is more 'ear catching'. Dead Ringer's bass line is clearly derived from Peaches, so less marks for originality. Nice 'n' Sleazy is my personal favourite - actually the bass on the entire Black and White album is awesome!
Samarkand

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:

rich
Classic moment. 8)
I can vouch for that...............................uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8e5RVp6D41Q 8)

Was watching Battersea t'other night and to witness JJ's playing in 'Grip' was phenomenal. A master at the top of his game.
Thats exactly what I was talking about. Just watched that clip 3 times and I think it must rate as one of the all time great moments of rock n roll.
Just superb.:smt023 :smt035
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.