Fave track off Norfolk Coast

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Fave track off Norfolk Coast

Norfolk Coast
47%
Big Thing Coming
11%
Mine All Mine
6%
Long Black Veil
6%
I`ve Been Wild
6%
Dutch Moon
2%
Lost Control
8%
Into The Fire
5%
Tuckers Grave
5%
I Don`t Agree
3%
Sanfte Kuss
1%

Total votes: 126

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Fave track off Norfolk Coast

Post by ThruBeingCool » 08 Jun 2013, 22:42

Long Black Veil.

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Bag Lady » 08 Jun 2013, 22:44

ThruBeingCool wrote:Long Black Veil.
You can't choose that, I was going to choose that.........

Damn.

No, still LBV for me.
No one can win against kipple.

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool » 08 Jun 2013, 22:45

Big Thing Coming then.

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Bag Lady » 08 Jun 2013, 22:47

ThruBeingCool wrote:Big Thing Coming then.
Sorted, I win.
No one can win against kipple.

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 10 Jun 2013, 07:21

When you look at that list of tracks - what a strong album . Suite has an obvious and easy winner despite being itself a strong album , but this one - today I voted BTC but it could easily have been NC . Bubbling slightly behind - Wild, Control , then I Don't Agree and LBV . BTC though was the obvious single and rightly a hit for the band , maybe it is Stranglers by numbers but those two songs ( NC and BTC ) heralded the return of THe Stranglers . They were on fire ( oh yes I like Into The Fire too ) for a couple of albums, Paul at last had found his niche and the right songs for his voice - he sounded natural and actually very good . I'd like to hear the Paul version of Suite some day , if possible . I love this album and Suite which followed .
All quiet ..........

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re:

Post by Jon the Impaler » 10 Jun 2013, 07:31

theraven1979 wrote:Yeah - I still think it`s a good album it`s just got instant impact. Nothing too "out there" to keep me returning to it. I`d listen to WiR a lot more than this album

Jim
Nothing wrong with instant impact - ask most of Mike Tyson's opponents :lol: :lol: . It works . WIR didn't have instant impact with me , it took 16 years to make an impact - not much use to the band really that way , however I'm ok with it now - its not a classic ( WIR that is ) but its listenable - and bloody well produced I'd have to say . I liked NC from the start - the thudding bass intro - grabbed you by the throat and say's "LISTEN " . It works and works well , I still listen to this and Suite when I listen to CD's . The last one has gone the way WIR did for a long time ..... gathering dust . I'd say this achieved what it set out to achieve , they're never going to do something of Raven or B&W stature again , I don't think we can expect them to , those people who did that are long gone , not physically but as a unit - they were on fire then and churned out songs like Sweden , Tank , Duchess , Device for fun . Look how long things take these days - I guess creativity eventually dries up . This was the right album at the right time , so if its instant impact I'm happy with that - it did what it was supposed to do .
All quiet ..........

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Re:

Post by theraven1979 » 10 Jun 2013, 07:54

Agreed.

Jim

Jon the Impaler wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Yeah - I still think it`s a good album it`s just got instant impact. Nothing too "out there" to keep me returning to it. I`d listen to WiR a lot more than this album

Jim
Nothing wrong with instant impact - ask most of Mike Tyson's opponents :lol: :lol: . It works . WIR didn't have instant impact with me , it took 16 years to make an impact - not much use to the band really that way , however I'm ok with it now - its not a classic ( WIR that is ) but its listenable - and bloody well produced I'd have to say . I liked NC from the start - the thudding bass intro - grabbed you by the throat and say's "LISTEN " . It works and works well , I still listen to this and Suite when I listen to CD's . The last one has gone the way WIR did for a long time ..... gathering dust . I'd say this achieved what it set out to achieve , they're never going to do something of Raven or B&W stature again , I don't think we can expect them to , those people who did that are long gone , not physically but as a unit - they were on fire then and churned out songs like Sweden , Tank , Duchess , Device for fun . Look how long things take these days - I guess creativity eventually dries up . This was the right album at the right time , so if its instant impact I'm happy with that - it did what it was supposed to do .
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack » 10 Jun 2013, 09:09

Overall I think its a great album, Norfolk Coast, Big thing coming, Long black veil, Lost control, I've been wild and I dont agree are the stand out songs on the album.

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 10 Jun 2013, 14:26

Alexinblack wrote:Overall I think its a great album, Norfolk Coast, Big thing coming, Long black veil, Lost control, I've been wild and I dont agree are the stand out songs on the album.
Agree - and Mine all Mine too , only downsides albeit minor one's - Santfe Kus , Tuckers and the other slow one Dutch Moon , then I'm not into those sort anyway.
All quiet ..........

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason » 10 Jun 2013, 16:53

Its not my favourite but I like Dutch Moon. 8)

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack » 10 Jun 2013, 18:13

Jon the Impaler wrote:
Alexinblack wrote:Overall I think its a great album, Norfolk Coast, Big thing coming, Long black veil, Lost control, I've been wild and I dont agree are the stand out songs on the album.
Agree - and Mine all Mine too , only downsides albeit minor one's - Santfe Kus , Tuckers and the other slow one Dutch Moon , then I'm not into those sort anyway.
Those songs are not ones that I dislike, just not massively keen on them ,recently listened to Norfolk Coast reminded myself what a great album it is.

miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman » 15 Jun 2013, 09:16

Was listening to the title track yesterday ... do love Paul's vocal on this ...

:smt006
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...