Worst Stranlgers recorded moment EVER - got the idea from a thread

All the ongoing Polls are in here - make sure you`ve voted on all of em!

Worst Stranlgers recorded moment EVER - got the idea from a thread

Known Only Unto God
14%
Mad Hatter
18%
God is Good
9%
96 Tears
1%
Gain Entry to Your Soul
6%
Summer in the City
21%
Tonight
9%
Motorbike
3%
Miss You (WIR)
7%
Something else.....
11%

Total votes: 149

yesican
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Worst Stranlgers recorded moment EVER - got the idea fro

Post by yesican » 30 Mar 2013, 16:07

I actually Mad Hatter and Gain Entry To Your Soul , Summer In The City is not very good.

Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Post by Cells&Plasma » 30 Mar 2013, 16:43

Jon the Impaler wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVmYpsQ ... re=related
And if anyone is in any doubt ...... watch :shock: :oops: :smt010
OMG.....that must be their all time low......utter shite. :roll:
Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 30 Mar 2013, 17:49

Greatkudu wrote:"Miss you" from WIR,a diabolical,abomination of a song.I can honestly say there are no songs with the original line up that I dislike.
You're just copying what I said about M*rc*ry R*s*ng .
All quiet ..........

Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Post by Someone like you? » 30 Mar 2013, 19:32

Tracks 3,4,5, & 6!
....and tracks 8,9, 10 & 11 of Written In Red. Truly abysmal album. Much,much worse than About Time. (in my opinion).
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Burn e 77 » 30 Mar 2013, 20:21

I've never complained on this forum about ANY MIB MATERIAL...
The reason for this is quite simple:
Not everyone has been fortunate enough, like I have been... to have
heard the Stranglers from 1977 onwards in a live gig experience... or even on
vinyl, tape and CD... I have abstained from commenting
on the various incarnations of our ever evolving band, who we are... shall I
say 'mildly obsessed with'... Hence the derogatory term IMHO, Fan (Fanatic :roll: )

My cousin, who's 26 years younger than myself, AND has only had the opportunity
to see see the MIB in their ever evolving incarnations... (BUT never with Hugh)
appreciates all the various, new members whom have become at one time or the
other MIB... AND have contributed to their plethora of music and gigs..

SO long story short... I didn't rent my frustration at the replacement for Hugh,
all those years ago...

[ "Cells & Plasma" mate, do you remember coming up to me
and my girlfriend, at the 1st gig without Hugh on vox, at the London Kentish Town Forum
gig , and like me complain AND nearly walking out of the gig... because of that poofy fucker
ruining all those great songs. I betcha do, fella!]

Now I get to the matter in hand (as listed in heading above:
'Worst Stranglers recorded moment EVER'

Answer: All the material with Hugh's replacement :smt013
(before the great Baz took on the axe and vox duties 8) )

PS. 'Heaven & Hell, 'Brainbox' and 'Never See' ARE acceptable as MIB material IMHO.

Burn e 77
Something better change!

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler » 31 Mar 2013, 10:24

Burn e 77 wrote:I've never complained on this forum about ANY MIB MATERIAL...
say 'mildly obsessed with'... Hence the derogatory term IMHO, Fan (Fanatic :roll: )

SO long story short... I didn't rent my frustration at the replacement for Hugh,
all those years ago...

and my girlfriend, at the 1st gig without Hugh on vox, at the London Kentish Town Forum
gig , and like me complain AND nearly walking out of the gig... because of that poofy fucker

PS. 'Heaven & Hell, 'Brainbox' and 'Never See' ARE acceptable as MIB material IMHO.

Burn e 77
Likewise - I am lucky to have followed the band since No More Heroes and there have been plenty of ups and downs .
Can't agree myself with some of your points - but what the hell - we are entitled to our view so doesn't make yours wrong - just your view :lol: .
Anyway - I saw the band at Ally Pally and it was the blandest most lifeless performance I ever saw by them , followed the disappointment that was 10 I though Hugh going was the final straw , but it wasn't .
Paul ( and JE ) IMO saved the band - ok at times it wasn't brilliant , but how do you follow works like The Raven , B&W etc .... In the Night to me was a huge leap forward on 10 , and personally more of the direction I wanted to see the band go . I couldn't say on thos efirst two M2 albums there isn't a good momment as I think they did do a few , to write them off wholesale I think is wrong - Sinister , Still Life, Time to Die , Golden Boy - all worthy of being classy Stranglers sounds . WIR I hated , but I find it ok now 15/16 years on - not a great by any means , but to me its like a new album as I can at least now listen , and it was innovative and fresh - to me it sounds well produced . Coup hasn't dated well IMO but does have 2 or 3 listenable tracks . The rest are really filler . Paul , like I said elsewhere today - found his niche on Norfolk - he at last sounded right , but it was to be his last . Suite - again probably written initially for Paul , is great , including IMO the best Stranglers song since Hugh's departure . I though the Stranglers had bloody Suffolk bumpkins really found their form again with two superb albums and all looked rosy .
There are M1 songs along the way I'm not keen on , I don't think I hate any at all- even on 10 or Aural - there are poor moments . Mark two - how could they follow - again some good moments , Norfolk and Suite I loved and still do - BUT then along came Giants and without going too deeply into it , it does contain the only Stranglers "song " I loathe and detest . Having said that - 17 albums , nearly 40 years , god knows how many songs - to hate just one isn't bad really , but I couldn't write of M2 contribution to the bands history - after all it was about 10 years , 1/4 of the bands time and those two did the best they could under the circumstances . I do prefer M2 to M4 at the moment ( Suite IMO is in essence really a M3 album ) .
All quiet ..........

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Burn e 77 » 01 Apr 2013, 21:01

Jon the Impaler wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:I've never complained on this forum about ANY MIB MATERIAL...

all those years ago...

Burn e 77
Likewise - I am lucky to have followed the band since No More Heroes and there have been plenty of ups and downs .
Can't agree myself with some of your points - but what the hell - we are entitled to our view so doesn't make yours wrong - just your view :lol: .
Anyway - I saw the band at Ally Pally and it was the blandest most lifeless performance I ever saw by them , followed the disappointment that was 10 I though Hugh going was the final straw , but it wasn't .
Paul ( and JE ) IMO saved the band - ok at times it wasn't brilliant , but how do you follow works like The Raven , B&W etc .... In the Night to me was a huge leap forward on 10 , and personally more of the direction I wanted to see the band go . I couldn't say on thos efirst two M2 albums there isn't a good momment as I think they did do a few , to write them off wholesale I think is wrong - Sinister , Still Life, Time to Die , Golden Boy - all worthy of being classy Stranglers sounds . WIR I hated , but I find it ok now 15/16 years on - not a great by any means , but to me its like a new album as I can at least now listen , and it was innovative and fresh - to me it sounds well produced . Coup hasn't dated well IMO but does have 2 or 3 listenable tracks . The rest are really filler . Paul , like I said elsewhere today - found his niche on Norfolk - he at last sounded right , but it was to be his last . Suite - again probably written initially for Paul , is great , including IMO the best Stranglers song since Hugh's departure . I though the Stranglers had bloody Suffolk bumpkins really found their form again with two superb albums and all looked rosy .
There are M1 songs along the way I'm not keen on , I don't think I hate any at all- even on 10 or Aural - there are poor moments . Mark two - how could they follow - again some good moments , Norfolk and Suite I loved and still do - BUT then along came Giants and without going too deeply into it , it does contain the only Stranglers "song " I loathe and detest . Having said that - 17 albums , nearly 40 years , god knows how many songs - to hate just one isn't bad really , but I couldn't write of M2 contribution to the bands history - after all it was about 10 years , 1/4 of the bands time and those two did the best they could under the circumstances . I do prefer M2 to M4 at the moment ( Suite IMO is in essence really a M3 album ) .
Great reply. fella... fair play to ya! In The Night, was good and did have some excellent trax on it! John Ellis, i've always appreciated... And on some songs PF (sic!) sings on, he did had a good voice, BUT not Stranglers material, was he... live, wise anyway :roll:
Good to get a nicely balanced reply to my... ahem... little rant of discontent :wink:
cheers Burn e 77
Something better change!