All killer no filler'?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: All killer no filler'?

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Though I do like the album , would definitely rate Lines and Down as filler . Breathe , still not that keen . Moon probably my 3rd though after a few listens now . Even NMH had songs the band said we're filler, maybe just that in those days their throwaway stuff was also top drawer .
All quiet ..........
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

I'm getting a lot more milage out of this than Giants, which bar 3 songs, was done within a week for me.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I even like the lines (not of Coke, I hasten to add) it really does work as an album track, they have done a great job in the order of the songs, you know it's a great album when your fave songs change on daily basis and you have the melodys in your head, fave at moment has to be White Stallion, but Breathe close behind, but I love the rockers to, Baz does really sound like the bloke you wouldn't want to piss off when he's sounding menacing, but we know he's a big softy at heart. Lt Kudu.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Unlike Giants when it was released, I am coming back to Dark Matters on a regular basis. Three or very good tracks.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well for me i'm still playing about three or four tracks a heck of a lot from DM,still can't get enough of Moon,Stallion,No Man's Land, top three for me then it's the like's of Water and Breathe,i haven't even played Lines since getting the album. I wasn't going back to Giants again and again like i do with this one,that says it all for me between the two albums with DM far better production as well from the two even though i'd love another Camden( some more meaty instrumentals) so DM is still a big thumbs up from me.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 24 Sep 2021, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

My faves are Water, Stallion, Moon, Dave, If Something, This Song and Payday.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Enjoying no man’s land right now. I wonder if it will get a live airing next year.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Boody wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 15:19 Enjoying no man’s land right now. I wonder if it will get a live airing next year.
I'm hope it will get a live airing on French tour, but will be hard to play live with the odd time signature. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:06
Boody wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 15:19 Enjoying no man’s land right now. I wonder if it will get a live airing next year.
I'm hope it will get a live airing on French tour, but will be hard to play live with the odd time signature. Lt Kudu.
Yeh you could be right about the time signature for a live version but i'd love to hear a live version of it,it goes for Stallion another one that would be hard to do live,i think those two which are some of DM best tracks and are some off my favourites which i might never hear live.They might play it safe with the moon's and the Dave song,this song and breathe.It will be intresting to see how this tour will be done as in Dave song's as a tribute,i don'y think they will go there with a any Dave sung song's so maybe golden brown which is Dave's they will do and will they do the Dave song? possibly...we''ll see.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 18 Oct 2021, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:23
Yeh you could be right about the time signature for a live version but i'd love to hear a live version of it,it goes for Stallion another one that would be hard to do live,i think those two which are some of DM are some off my favourites which i might never hear live.They might play it safe with the moon's and the Dave song,this song and breathe.It will be intresting to see how this tour will be done as in Dave song's as a tribute,i don'y think they will go there with a any Dave sung song's so maybe golden brown which is Dave's they will do and will they do the Dave song? possibly...we''ll see.
Sir well I've booked to go for the first date, but things may change with the virus? I hope not as I'm really looking forward to going, but will be so sad not to see Dave, but I will fully support the Keyboard chap, he's a great player and he will get everyone's support, but my god he will be nervous, I don't envy him but he's a professional so he will he used to pressure but Stranglers are another level. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 18:38

Yeh you could be right about the time signature for a live version but i'd love to hear a live version of it,it goes for Stallion another one that would be hard to do live,i think those two which are some of DM best tracks and are some off my favourites which i might never hear live.They might play it safe with the moon's and the Dave song,this song and breathe.It will be intresting to see how this tour will be done as in Dave song's as a tribute,i don'y think they will go there with a any Dave sung song's so maybe golden brown which is Dave's they will do and will they do the Dave song? possibly...we''ll see.
Sir well I've booked to go for the first date, but things may change with the virus? I hope not as I'm really looking forward to going, but will be so sad not to see Dave, but I will fully support the Keyboard chap, he's a great player and he will get everyone's support, but my god he will be nervous, I don't envy him but he's a professional so he will he used to pressure but Stranglers are another level. Lt Kudu