Dark Matters v Giants

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters v Giants

Post by StanInBlack »

markorbit wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:04 I listened to it the other day and I thought 'why didn't Dave take over the vocals for the chorus?'. Baz is almost imitating Dave.
Baz is on record as saying he was trying to imitate Beefheart :lol: Now - firstly, I don't believe Baz has ever REALLY given that much of a shit about Beefheart - and secondly, he doesn't sound like Beefheart at all. He sounds like a tit.

I remember listening to "Mercury Rising" for the first time and I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, in the worst fucking way possible. The sound of a band taking all the potential goodwill of the previous two albums and spunking it right up the wall.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
markorbit wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:04 I listened to it the other day and I thought 'why didn't Dave take over the vocals for the chorus?'. Baz is almost imitating Dave.
Baz is on record as saying he was trying to imitate Beefheart Image Now - firstly, I don't believe Baz has ever REALLY given that much of a shit about Beefheart - and secondly, he doesn't sound like Beefheart at all. He sounds like a tit.

I remember listening to "Mercury Rising" for the first time and I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, in the worst fucking way possible. The sound of a band taking all the potential goodwill of the previous two albums and spunking it right up the wall.
Again, something you can do in the bath. I'd wipe the wall down with some cilet bang afterwards. Unless you live alone.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:07 Just listen to it in the bath. With the bathroom door locked. Obviously turn the volume way down.
It's so flattering that you're trying so hard to get my attention tonight in the most "trying far too hard to be hilarious" manner possible, so I'll throw you a bone just to comment that there is absolutely no way I would willingly subject myself to "Mercury Rising" in any situation.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:07 Just listen to it in the bath. With the bathroom door locked. Obviously turn the volume way down.
It's so flattering that you're trying so hard to get my attention tonight in the most "trying far too hard to be hilarious" manner possible, so I'll throw you a bone just to comment that there is absolutely no way I would willingly subject myself to "Mercury Rising" in any situation.
Pleasure don't "throw me a bone". Especially if you are in the bath.
I'm just trying to lighten the mood Stan.
Nobody needs your constant negativity. Especially on a Friday.
Just be glad the Stranglers have had some minor success at this late stage whether you like em or not.

ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

theraven1979 wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Number of Times I've Played Giants: 3.5
Number of Times I've Played DM: 5

Jim
That's an 8.5 total...that means you can have 8 and one half Pints of Beer Tonight Jim.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Id probably need it to listen to some of that. Who drinks beer these days?! Malbec all the way honey.

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Perhaps a decent craft ale to go with the wine?

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:28 Pleasure don't "throw me a bone"
Excellent little Freudian slip there. Listen mate, if you want to fantasise about me being in the bath, that's your prerogative and something that has everything to do with you and absolutely zilch to do with me. It's your mind, after all :lol: I do look forward to your interesting and insightful thoughts on the MKII albums, which apparently got you into the band yet I've NEVER seen you in the MKII forum once. Now that IS funny.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Pleasure don't throw you a bone in the bath?! Oh dear. Maybe speak to your doctor Ricam. There's some little blue pills that might help you.

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:28 Pleasure don't "throw me a bone"
Excellent little Freudian slip there. Listen mate, if you want to fantasise about me being in the bath, that's your prerogative and something that has everything to do with you and absolutely zilch to do with me. It's your mind, after all Image I do look forward to your interesting and insightful thoughts on the MKII albums, which apparently got you into the band yet I've NEVER seen you in the MKII forum once. Now that IS funny.
Yes Stan it's hilarious.
It's more an autocorrect issue and less of a Freudian slip as I'm sure you are aware.
Anyway it's Friday so perhaps have a wee sociable and a deep breath.
It was all just a bit of gentle joshing.
You certainly seem to like to dish it out but not dislike the kick back.
I'd suggest you put DM on again, have three fingers of cognac and think it all over.
It really is a decent album.
Goodnight!

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Note there's no "autocorrect" problems now

I'm sure if I have 3 fingers of cognac i might enjoy DM to be fair

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

theraven1979 wrote:Note there's no "autocorrect" problems now Image

I'm sure if I have 3 fingers of cognac i might enjoy DM to be fair

Jim

Jim you really don't need to back up Stan all the time.

He's a big boy (no that's not a Freudian slip).

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:56 He's a big boy (no that's not a Freudian slip).
I love it how you felt the need to attach such a transparent disclaimer to that obvious Freudian slip :lol: Clearly, this mental picture you've built up in your imagination is meeting your expectations :smt005
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
ricam wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 22:56 He's a big boy (no that's not a Freudian slip).
I love it how you felt the need to attach such a transparent disclaimer to that obvious Freudian slip Image Clearly, this mental picture you've built up in your imagination is meeting your expectations :smt005
No Stan.
It's just a joke.
You know, a joke?
To burst the bubble of pomposity.
When you constantly post against the mk 5 stranglers, don't be surprised if you get a kick back now and then.
I'm not the first (or last) who will take issue with your views on the mk5 Stranglers.