Punk77 Baz Warne 'Dark Matters' Interview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Punk77 Baz Warne 'Dark Matters' Interview

Post by ricam »

StanInBlack wrote:
ricam wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 21:34 I would suggest my time on this forum is irrelevant to the argument.
I'd argue that it's completely relevant, as you would be unfamiliar with the wealth of conversation that's happened prior to your joining the forum. In any case, overall the amount of criticism directed at Hugh and criticism directed at the post-Hugh incarnations probably evens itself out. You should perhaps - for example - re-familiarise yourself (if indeed you are unfamiliar) with the amount of shit Paul Roberts took while he was still in the band.

I do look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Baz interview, though Image
Again Stan i would suggest you win the prize for the single most negative posts against the current stranglers.
Others seem to agree.
Can you suggest a poster in the HC or PR forums who posted as much criticism in such a short time frame?
I'm guessing not.
The Baz interview, to indulge you, is honest, heart felt and pretty damn good.
I think this is due to Baz and his open nature but also to an interviewer who asks questions beyond most of the hacks he probably deals with.
I really enjoyed the interview and update on Jet.
Who would have thought he was all over social media?
Why not I suppose? He's an intelligent guy and quite shrew from what I have read.
Baz has been in the Stranglers a along time and I enjoy the human elements of the interview probably more than the technical aspects.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

Apologies for the typos. I'm at work.
Overall a great interview.
Probably something for everyone in there.
I'd like to think if you were just discovering or rediscovering the Stranglers, this would give a good taste of what the current lineup has to offer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 21:47
I do look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Baz interview, though :smile:
I’ll give Stan’s wind up skills 3/10 but now he’s hearing forum members thoughts too? That’s quite impressive :lol:
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 21:47
ricam wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 21:34 I would suggest my time on this forum is irrelevant to the argument.
I'd argue that it's completely relevant, as you would be unfamiliar with the wealth of conversation that's happened prior to your joining the forum. In any case, overall the amount of criticism directed at Hugh and criticism directed at the post-Hugh incarnations probably evens itself out. You should perhaps - for example - re-familiarise yourself (if indeed you are unfamiliar) with the amount of shit Paul Roberts took while he was still in the band.

I do look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Baz interview, though :smile:
Paul did take a lot of unjust criticism, which I believe is one of the reasons the forum is split into the sub-forums it has, so those who couldn’t see past the previous incarnation of The Stranglers, or Hugh solo, didn’t need to keep reading and posting their constant criticism as it was easy for them to avoid the sub-forum.
Unlike Ricam, I’ve been on here for years and don’t believe anyone has criticised Hugh to the extent of your ongoing onslaught (compare the Monsters thread with your Dark Matters posts). Also the fact some posters might have been excessive in the past is no excuse or reason to do so now., it’s like a toddler stamping their feet and crying “he did it first so I should be allowed to do it”.
You can keep trolling, it is your prerogative, but don’t be surprised if others on here kick back.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Very interesting comments on Giants...
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

StanInBlack wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 19:51
Baz wrote:I think its a really clever play on words to be honest.
It's about as clever a play on words as "bisted and Twitter", i.e. not very.
Dark Matters is a great album title - multiple takes of how it can be read (plus relevant to the nature/recent history of the band) and a great mirror to the times by lampooning BLM.

Bisted...is a whimsy, an in joke exposed to the rest of us which some find funny or don't - it's entirely different.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Bad has shown he is sensitive to unpleasant comments from keyboard cowards, he is human after all, but he has done the band proud from the moment he joined, more or less bringing back the Stranglers from the dark to the light, he should only get credit for what he has brought to the band, and look at his contribution to Dark Matters, it will be his Legacy, so we'll done Baz. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

8088 wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 12:03 a great mirror to the times by lampooning BLM.
Mmmyeah, no. I'd be very, very surprised if this interpretation was even considered by the band.

Post by 8088 »

StanInBlack wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 12:51
Mmmyeah, no. I'd be very, very surprised if this interpretation was even considered by the band.
Then you don't know them that well...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

8088 wrote:
In a recent interview JJ said the album was going to be called Dark Matter but he said they changed it to distance themselves from any BLM interpretations

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 17:18
8088 wrote:

In a recent interview JJ said the album was going to be called Dark Matter but he said they changed it to distance themselves from any BLM interpretations

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
If that's the case I don't think the letter s is enough of a subterfuge. I'll stick with my take and guess JJ is avoiding flak - like when his choice of using Gary Glitter for pre gig music was vetoed.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

To be fair, it never dawned on me that there could be a link between BLM and dark matters, so maybe the s did its job.