BBC breakfast

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: BBC breakfast

Post by Cells&Plasma »

No mention of "This Song" at all....strange.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Short and Sweet, JJ and Baz looking good, Walker and Minchin more respectful than last time with the Le Tosseur Charlie Stayt. Lt Kudu.
lostinpaddington
Down In The Sewer

Post by lostinpaddington »

Yeah bit if a missed trick not getting a clip of the This Song video shown - especially as Dan Walker is such a big footballer fan. Maybe they weren’t allowed. Shame - although the rest was quite good.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

lostinpaddington wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 09:48 Yeah bit if a missed trick not getting a clip of the This Song video shown - especially as Dan Walker is such a big footballer fan. Maybe they weren’t allowed. Shame - although the rest was quite good.
Maybe they'll show it on itv breakfast with Penis Morgan.
Oh isn't he there anymore? Still won't watch it.
STEVE
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

That was great, still get excited seeing JJ on TV, yep sad I know.
Hoped album might drop through letterbox today, hopefully later or tomoz.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Notice how the interviewers were careful to refer to him as JJ rather than Jean-Jacques.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Boody wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:09 Notice how the interviewers were careful to refer to him as JJ rather than Jean-Jacques.
At least she’s not there, Nagasaki Munchetty or whatever she was called, she would have probably asked where’s Dave?
I’m sure JJ was checking himself out on the monitor or he was going to pull the BBC up for some spelling mistake again.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:23
Boody wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:09 Notice how the interviewers were careful to refer to him as JJ rather than Jean-Jacques.
At least she’s not there, Nagasaki Munchetty or whatever she was called, she would have probably asked where’s Dave?
I’m sure JJ was checking himself out on the monitor or he was going to pull the BBC up for some spelling mistake again.
It was very refreshing not to have mindless questions as before with Stayt and Nagger Lanzarotte, Walker and Minchin respectful and Baz looking cool in Black. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

They're both looking well and sounding good. Great to see them again on the BBC!
I Hate You !
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:43
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:23
It was very refreshing not to have mindless questions as before with Stayt and Nagger Lanzarotte, Walker and Minchin respectful and Baz looking cool in Black. Lt Kudu.
I agree totally with you and i thought too that it was a bit strange how This song wasn't discussed on prime time tv opportunity missed i think as it would of been great if the BBC had aired a quick clip of the new single what with the pearce connection too but talked about water that's not the new single,but it was still great to see them on mainstream tv and like you say Baz looking cool!...good quick interview i thought.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It was about as illuminating and enlightening as pretty much every time they've been on BBC Breakfast: not very. Although, that's to be expected - it's not designed for the type of in-depth analyses of the creative process that I usually like to hear about when it comes to my favourite bands. It's the sort of show that you do when you've reached a certain vintage as a band, perhaps are languishing in the "where are they now?" file and you just want to remind people that you exist*
*Yes, I know that Hugh has done it.

Still, it's always great to hear anecdotes about Dave and praise of his playing.
Cells&Plasma wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 09:25 No mention of "This Song" at all....strange.
Perhaps they didn't feel the need to do so, since other songs were mentioned!