Baz Poem...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Baz Poem...

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 19:21
toilerinblack wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 18:54 But Baz does sing The Hugh songs better
Baz is at his "best" on the early MKI stuff that doesn't actually rely on actual singing. Anything he actually has to SING on... "Always the Sun", "Golden Brown", "Skin Deep" etc. falls flat on its arse a lot of the time. At least Paul could actually sing 'em - and sound pleasant while singing 'em too.
Yep i think your right Baz does the mk1 better and Paul as a vocalist in his own right is very good and nice on the ear.Only some MK 1 tracks i think did work with Paul that i liked and where i thought he was excellent and that was on the acoustic gigs like the on screen gig in 2005 for example where i think he did sing a beautiful Strange Little Girl very nicely agreed.But on the other side of the coin like the more full electric early MK1 Hugh stuff live sorry it just didn't work on the ear at all for me anyway.The problem being for any vocalist is may it be Paul or Baz or whoever nobody is going to be a Hugh whose an impossible act to follow but are all good in their own rights and that's it in a nutshell really.Anyway it's all water under the bridge buried in their past and Baz and JJ have i think now a bloody good sung album between them that's about to be released and for me that's the most important thing right now i feel.