Water a great song IMHO.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Water a great song IMHO.

Post by 8088 »

Lafleur wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:11 Rat/track chat: https://youtu.be/zw5OXplSpQI
Ha ha! "Technically it's 6/8 you know." :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:29
Lafleur wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 10:11 Rat/track chat: https://youtu.be/zw5OXplSpQI
Ha ha! "Technically it's 6/8 you know." :lol:
That's why it's so hard to play the drum part,it shows the band are still creative by putting odd time signatures on, of you see YouTube clips, Jim does a seamless time signature change from intro to verse, if anyone doubts Jims skill, watch that.Lt Kudu.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 11:54 That's why it's so hard to play the drum part,it shows the band are still creative by putting odd time signatures on, of you see YouTube clips, Jim does a seamless time signature change from intro to verse, if anyone doubts Jims skill, watch that.Lt Kudu.
I don't rate Water so I haven't paid a lot of attention - mind you, even if I did I probably wouldn't have noticed the 6/8 as I'm quite deaf to time signatures unless they are painfully obvious.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

8088 wrote:
Greatkudu wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 11:54 That's why it's so hard to play the drum part,it shows the band are still creative by putting odd time signatures on, of you see YouTube clips, Jim does a seamless time signature change from intro to verse, if anyone doubts Jims skill, watch that.Lt Kudu.
I don't rate Water so I haven't paid a lot of attention - mind you, even if I did I probably wouldn't have noticed the 6/8 as I'm quite deaf to time signatures unless they are painfully obvious.
When I first heard Water in Bristol 2018, I didn't rate it at all!! Fast forward 3 Years and I think it's the best of the New Stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 11:54 it shows the band are still creative by putting odd time signatures on
6/8 isn't an odd time signature (or even an unusual one) and the switch from the intro to the verse isn't anything spectacular either - it's just one bar of 3/8 (which is basically a half bar of 6/8) before returning to the 6/8. "Peasant in the Big Shitty" or "Curfew" this ain't. It's really not that difficult.

I still don't rate this song - decent intro that gives way to a song that doesn't live up to it.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Isn’t this song a 13 bar blues in 26/9 time?
Seriously though just watched the Rat Track vid I think I’m liking this song the best so far.
Anyway not long to go, I’m still camped outside my letterbox waiting for the postman to arrive with the album. Supposed to have been shipped Monday according to merch website.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Isn’t this song a 13 bar blues in 26/9 time?
Seriously though just watched the Rat Track vid I think I’m liking this song the best so far.
Anyway not long to go, I’m still camped outside my letterbox waiting for the postman to arrive with the album. Supposed to have been shipped Monday according to merch website.
Are they still Highwaymen on the M62 Arthur??

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 13:19

Only Arthur with his Dick Turpin outfit, aiming a blunderbuss at the unfortunate Postie if his Dark Matters CD doesn't arrive Friday. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

:lol:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 13:28

Only Arthur with his Dick Turpin outfit, aiming a blunderbuss at the unfortunate Postie if his Dark Matters CD doesn't arrive Friday. Lt Kudu. :smt005
:lol:
:smt023
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

This is classic Stranglers, I loved this song when I first heard it and it sounds great with the production from the Fifth Beatle Louie. Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Up there with "Peaches", "(Get a) Grip (On Yourself)" and "No More Heroes", eh?