Water a great song IMHO.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Water a great song IMHO.

Post by Greatkudu »

I loved this song when I first heard it live a few years ago now, I think the final version has a few changes from the First time they played it live, this is really one for fans who want a song to sound like the Stranglers :smt005 It has all the elements including an odd time signature, if anyone doubts what a great drummer Jim is, just watch some of the YouTube clips, I was watching earlier and the way Jim goes from one tempo to another is fantastic, he's totally locked in with JJ. Lt Kudu.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Re: Water a great song IMHO.

Post by sendwarrior »

First time I heard it live (2018) I loved it too πŸ’™ I think it may become a staple in the live set πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸŽΆ
πŸ–€ UNBROKEN πŸ–€
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: ↑30 Aug 2021, 18:21 I loved this song when I first heard it live a few years ago now, I think the final version has a few changes from the First time they played it live, this is really one for fans who want a song to sound like the Stranglers :smt005 It has all the elements including an odd time signature, if anyone doubts what a great drummer Jim is, just watch some of the YouTube clips, I was watching earlier and the way Jim goes from one tempo to another is fantastic, he's totally locked in with JJ. Lt Kudu.
Agreed i have always liked Water from the first time of hearing it live a few years back i could see the real potential then on the raw experimental versions they were doing.It's one i'm really waiting to hear with the now changes to the final studio version of it i'm hoping it will be really good.I think it's a perfect track to start the album with i'm guessing at this stage bearing in mind there are still some songs yet unheard to judge any real order of play,so this song along with Last man on the moon and White Stallion i can't wait to here the full and final Studio versions of.
Not long now....
Last edited by toilerinblack on 31 Aug 2021, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: ↑30 Aug 2021, 19:52
Greatkudu wrote: ↑30 Aug 2021, 18:21 I loved this song when I first heard it live a few years ago now, I think the final version has a few changes from the First time they played it live, this is really one for fans who want a song to sound like the Stranglers :smt005 It has all the elements including an odd time signature, if anyone doubts what a great drummer Jim is, just watch some of the YouTube clips, I was watching earlier and the way Jim goes from one tempo to another is fantastic, he's totally locked in with JJ. Lt Kudu.
Agreed i have always liked Water from the first time of hearing it live a few years back i could see the real potential then on the raw experimental versions they were doing.It's one i'm really waiting to hear with the now changes to the final studio version of it i'm hoping will be really good.I think it's a perfect track to start the album with i'm guessing at this stage bearing in mind there are still some songs yet unheard to judge any real order of play,so this song along with Last man on the moon and White Stallion i can't wait to here the full and final Studio versions of.
Not long now....
The Final Countdown, no Europe references intended. Lt Kudu :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 09:26
toilerinblack wrote: ↑30 Aug 2021, 19:52
Agreed i have always liked Water from the first time of hearing it live a few years back i could see the real potential then on the raw experimental versions they were doing.It's one i'm really waiting to hear with the now changes to the final studio version of it i'm hoping will be really good.I think it's a perfect track to start the album with i'm guessing at this stage bearing in mind there are still some songs yet unheard to judge any real order of play,so this song along with Last man on the moon and White Stallion i can't wait to here the full and final Studio versions of.
Not long now....
Yes...lol lets hope this albums as good as the reviews have been and everybody does get behind Dave's last work and purchase a copy an help push it up those charts as high as possible.This albums lyrlcs has JJ's stamp all over the place on it with his raw ideas that have had valuable changes and additions made to them from baz and Louie to produce the very best that these songs can be resulting overall hopefully..... a really good album.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Very much looking forward to this one.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Greatkudu wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 09:26
toilerinblack wrote: ↑30 Aug 2021, 19:52 Agreed i have always liked Water from the first time of hearing it live a few years back i could see the real potential then on the raw experimental versions they were doing.It's one i'm really waiting to hear with the now changes to the final studio version of it i'm hoping will be really good.I think it's a perfect track to start the album with i'm guessing at this stage bearing in mind there are still some songs yet unheard to judge any real order of play,so this song along with Last man on the moon and White Stallion i can't wait to here the full and final Studio versions of.
Not long now....
Yes...lol lets hope this albums as good as the reviews have been and everybody does get behind Dave's last work and purchase a copy an help push it up those charts as high as possible.This albums lyrlcs has JJ's stamp all over the place on it with his raw ideas that have had valuable changes and additions made to them from baz and Louie to produce the very best that these songs can be resulting overall hopefully..... a really good album.
I know but the LP has 2 Cover Versions!! That's a Shame.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Cells&Plasma wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 22:00 I know but the LP has 2 Cover Versions!! That's a Shame.
Wait... TWO cover versions? What's the other aside from 'This Song'?
Let's Boogie
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

markorbit wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 22:00 I know but the LP has 2 Cover Versions!! That's a Shame.
Wait... TWO cover versions? What's the other aside from 'This Song'?
Down.....it's Hello by Lionel Ritchie...ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Yea this and Last Man On The Moon are the ones I'm keen to look forward to
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cricklewood wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 21:23 Yea this and Last Man On The Moon are the ones I'm keen to look forward to
Yes,way before we knew if they would ever finish this album after Dave we had already seen and heard certain tracks live but for me it was these two leaders with Water and Last man on the moon quality wise at the time stood right out and especially Water and nothing for me has changed there except that they should sound even better after being put through the mill in the studio with the brilliance of Louie.The extra added surprise for me has to be White Stallion now that's the track i can't wait to hear as well,for sure they've given it 100%,there's good and varied songs to this album something for everybody i would say and i honestly can't think what much more they can do and give if it's poorly received.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »