This Song

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: This Song

Post by toilerinblack »

I've just liistened to This song for the first time just listening to just Jims drums,i was really impressed and i'm no drummer to speak with any real experiance,but i must say full praise for Jims work.... it's brilliant drums all the way the way through the whole track...Well done Jim your contribution also has made this song sounding really hard edged from start to finish.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:I've just liistened to This song for the first time just listening to just Jims drums,i was really impressed and i'm no drummer to speak with any real experiance,but i must say full praise for Jims work.... it's brilliant drums all the way the way through the whole track...Well done Jim your contribution also has made this song sounding really hard edged.
Please, please not a Jim Poem!!?? ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

8088 wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 19:50
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 17:51 To be honest Sir I think its Louie as the new verse was put in after Dave passed away I think? I may be wrong, like White Stallion, it has a basic Dave bit but Louie put extra keys on it and the Operatic bit. Lt Kudu.
It could well be a Dave keyboard snippet that was recorded for something and then transposed to fit into This Song?

Although I suspect it's 100% Louie Castrol GTX
I know JJ said that he allowed Louie to go all super creative on White Stallion but I hope Louie Loowah Fidel Nicastrol 100% GTX1.2 hasn’t gone too crazy on the tracks and we don’t know if it’s him or Dave like on this song :?
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cells&Plasma wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 20:51
toilerinblack wrote:I've just liistened to This song for the first time just listening to just Jims drums,i was really impressed and i'm no drummer to speak with any real experiance,but i must say full praise for Jims work.... it's brilliant drums all the way the way through the whole track...Well done Jim your contribution also has made this song sounding really hard edged.

Can with have a Hans, Paul, John and Ringo poem too?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 20:59
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 17:51 To be honest Sir I think its Louie as the new verse was put in after Dave passed away I think? I may be wrong, like White Stallion, it has a basic Dave bit but Louie put extra keys on it and the Operatic bit. Lt Kudu.
It could well be a Dave keyboard snippet that was recorded for something and then transposed to fit into This Song?

I know JJ said that he allowed Louie to go all super creative on White Stallion but I hope Louie Loowah Fidel Nicastrol 100% GTX1.2 hasn’t gone too crazy on the tracks and we don’t know if it’s him or Dave like on this song :?
Sir I think the main tracks like Water, Payday, Man on Moon are all Dave, and some of the others we haven't heard but obviously Louie plays keys on if somethings gonna kill me and White Stallion he's added alot, this song has Louie all over it, but it was necessary for Louie to play Keys obviously due to the tragic loss of Dave. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 21:07
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 20:59

Sir I think the main tracks like Water, Payday, Man on Moon are all Dave, and some of the others we haven't heard but obviously Louie plays keys on if somethings gonna kill me and White Stallion he's added alot, this song has Louie all over it, but it was necessary for Louie to play Keys obviously due to the tragic loss of Dave. Lt Kudu.
Aye I wonder if Louie is the new keyboard player then and not Kate Bush?
Actually if Kate was the new keyboard player that would be great cos I’m a huge fan of hers and she does have that Stranglers connection cos she was stalking Hugh for a shag back in 1980.
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 06 Sep 2021, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

toilerinblack wrote:I've just liistened to This song for the first time just listening to just Jims drums,i was really impressed and i'm no drummer to speak with any real experiance,but i must say full praise for Jims work.... it's brilliant drums all the way the way through the whole track...Well done Jim your contribution also has made this song sounding really hard edged from start to finish.
Totally agree.
As some who always listens out for the drum parts and messes around with drums I think his drumming is fantastic on this. Tight and economical.
And If You Should See Dave is another highlight.
The guy has a great style and it's a nice to hear him play on some new material.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

No, no more.....i said i wouldn't do one outside Mk1 but but Baz more than deserved one after 21 years... so no more from me anyway.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 06 Sep 2021, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 21:06

Can with have a Hans, Paul, John and Ringo poem too?
lol...i thought i'd let you do the Beatles one.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

ricam wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 21:12
toilerinblack wrote:I've just liistened to This song for the first time just listening to just Jims drums,i was really impressed and i'm no drummer to speak with any real experiance,but i must say full praise for Jims work.... it's brilliant drums all the way the way through the whole track...Well done Jim your contribution also has made this song sounding really hard edged from start to finish.
Totally agree.
As some who always listens out for the drum parts and messes around with drums I think his drumming is fantastic on this. Tight and economical.
The guy has a great style and it's a nice to hear him play on some new material.

Yes i think he's more than proved on DM to be just a filler for this band...
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Think I was a bit harsh on it earlier. At first I thought the production was a bit brash with the keys struggling to break through. After a few plays I'm used to how it sounds now. It's a great track and The Stranglers have put their stamp on it.
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 22:26
ricam wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 21:12
Totally agree.

Yes i think he's more than proved on DM to be just a filler for this band...
Yes Jim has shown he's the Stranglers drummer and not a hired hand which is very insulting.Hes a great tight drummer and doesn't over do it. Lt Kudu.