This Song

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: This Song

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 22:54
toilerinblack wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 22:26
ricam wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 21:12 Totally agree.
As some who always listens out for the drum parts and messes around with drums I think his drumming is fantastic on this. Tight and economical.
And If You Should See Dave is another highlight.
The guy has a great style and it's a nice to hear him play on some new material.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Yes i think he's more than proved on DM to be just a filler for this band...
Yes Jim has shown he's the Stranglers drummer and not a hired hand which is very insulting.Hes a great tight drummer and doesn't over do it. Lt Kudu.
Agreed he's a real strangler and not just a hired hand,I dont think JJ or Baz would think he's just a hired hand too anymore after all these years.His contribution to this album has been very proffesional,tight and well planned and thought out with his own stamp on it,not that i'm a drummer but i just like what i hear and it fits in very well with DM songs,i think his drumming in This Song and Dave has been excellent,why there's the lack of praise beats me.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 18:50
toilerinblack wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 22:26
Yes i think he's more than proved on DM to be just a filler for this band...
Yes Jim has shown he's the Stranglers drummer and not a hired hand which is very insulting.Hes a great tight drummer and doesn't over do it. Lt Kudu.
Agreed he's a real strangler and not just a hired hand,I dont think JJ or Baz would think he's just a hired hand too anymore after all these years.His contribution to this album has been very proffesional,tight and well planned and thought out with his own stamp on it,not that i'm a drummer but i just like what i hear and it fits in very well with DM songs,i think his drumming in This Song and Dave has been excellent,why there's the lack of praise beats me.
Sir your totally right, I can tell you as a drummer Jim is top notch, the man himself Mr Black chose Jim and mentored him, Jim respects Jets bears but puts his own stamp on them, I look forward to hearing his disco beat on White Stallion, and if you feel like writing a Jim Mac poem why not? He replaced a legend so deserves a Poem I think. Lt Kudu. :smt006
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 22:54 Yes Jim has shown he's the Stranglers drummer and not a hired hand which is very insulting.Hes a great tight drummer and doesn't over do it. Lt Kudu.
Sir your totally right, I can tell you as a drummer Jim is top notch, the man himself Mr Black chose Jim and mentored him, Jim respects Jets bears but puts his own stamp on them, I look forward to hearing his disco beat on White Stallion, and if you feel like writing a Jim Mac poem why not? He replaced a legend so deserves a Poem I think. Lt Kudu. :smt006
Don't encourage him..Jet keeps Image now too as well as Tractors?? ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 21:56
Greatkudu wrote:
Don't encourage him..Jet keeps Image now too as well as Tractors?? ImageImageImageImage

Its up to Toilerinblack, Jim is very much a Strangler now, and his input to album has been alot,he has his own Style but plays Jets patterns with respect. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote:

Jim respects Jet’s bears but he puts Stamps on them? WTF!? Where is he posting these bears to and do the RSPCA know about this?
Anyway do encourage him, more poetry please.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

Now over 210k only if all those viewers buy the song and album
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 21:50

Oh right i never knew Jet chose him and mentored him, knowing that even more backs up the fact that Jet sees him as a good drummer whose right for the stranglers too.I can imagine this brilliantly starting with Water and how good will last man on the moon sound too,can't wait to finally just play the album in full track after track even though we have heard alot of tracks by now.....but there's also alot we haven't so what surpises are still in store for the fans to like or dislike?
Last edited by toilerinblack on 08 Sep 2021, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

I thought it was JJ that chose Jim as Ian went off on a World Tour with Bombay Motor Club after the Giants Tour in 2012.

markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

You're all missing the most important thing. He looks and performs like a younger Jet. I think I've even seen the odd grimace :lol:
Let's Boogie
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

I still think that Jim should change his name to Matt White.....
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 22:07
Greatkudu wrote:

Its up to Toilerinblack, Jim is very much a Strangler now, and his input to album has been alot,he has his own Style but plays Jets patterns with respect. Lt Kudu.
You are right Jim is a strangler now,well we think so....A Jim Poem? well there's a tall order and a challenge coming from someone who knows nothing about drums lol But never say never i always say.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 19:17
Greatkudu wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 22:07
Cells&Plasma wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 21:56 Don't encourage him..Jet keeps Image now too as well as Tractors?? ImageImageImageImage

You are right Jim is a strangler now,well we think so....A Jim Poem? well there's a tall order and a challenge coming from someone who knows nothing about drums lol But never say never i always say.
Sir I will leave it up to you to decide if you want to do one, I may possibly have a go? At some stage. But your the Poet Laureate of the forum. Lt Kudu.