Missing link

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Missing link

Post by theraven1979 »

There might be some truth in them not wanting to link to here as some of the reviews aren't too glowing. That said, the bulk of them are gushing!

Reason I say this is I know their Facebook comments get heavily moderated and deleted when they're not too favourable. Of course, I'd like them to link as there's a wealth of knowledge on here but it makes no odds really. The link from Hugh's site to here went (along with other site elements) when they redid his site for Monsters.

Maybe, when I get round to separating the Gigography out into it's own site they can link to that.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:35 There might be some truth in them not wanting to link to here as some of the reviews aren't too glowing. That said, the bulk of them are gushing!

Reason I say this is I know their Facebook comments get heavily moderated and deleted when they're not too favourable.
Jim
Won't that be a fan running that - and therefore so obsessive there can be no band criticism?

Can't imagine JJ giving a crap about bad reviews.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:35 That said, the bulk of them are gushing!
Haha yes, this is the thing. Regardless of how I (or you) feel about the new material, people who like it are going to like it anyway.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Agreed - I'd find it a bit weird for them to drop the link now.

Jim
8088 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:47
theraven1979 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:35 There might be some truth in them not wanting to link to here as some of the reviews aren't too glowing. That said, the bulk of them are gushing!

Reason I say this is I know their Facebook comments get heavily moderated and deleted when they're not too favourable.
Jim
Won't that be a fan running that - and therefore so obsessive there can be no band criticism?

Can't imagine JJ giving a crap about bad reviews.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

I’m sure it’s just a coding error…
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I wasn't really being serious. I haven't looked at the "Links" page for years, as you all say it's clearly in the middle of some alterations though it's unusual to publish a page without checking it.

Maybe it's nothing sinister at all, after all there are still links to sites for Paul and John, albeit to sites that either don't exist or don't work any more.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

8088 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:47 Can't imagine JJ giving a crap about bad reviews.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He used to! His journalist thumping days are now, however, behind him :wink: JJ doesn't do social media - he thinks it's toxic and full of keyboard warriors. He has a good point!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I know he doesn't bother with this forum (can't blame him!). But I know he has checked out the Gigography.

Jim
sendwarrior wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 13:58
8088 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 08:47 Can't imagine JJ giving a crap about bad reviews.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He used to! His journalist thumping days are now, however, behind him :wink: JJ doesn't do social media - he thinks it's toxic and full of keyboard warriors. He has a good point!
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

sendwarrior wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 13:58 JJ doesn't do social media - he thinks it's toxic and full of keyboard warriors. He has a good point!
Yep, it's a mirror of society but steered by utopian technocrats - JJ's martial arts derived Zen probably helps him a lot in the face of it.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

theraven1979 wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 14:07 I know he doesn't bother with this forum (can't blame him!). But I know he has checked out the Gigography.
As an information source, yes 👍 He's not going to actively engage with social media - and you're right, you can't blame him!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

But I know he has checked out the Gigography.
Research for his book?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 23:48 In that case, they're definitely shooting themselves in the foot by linking to Hugh's site, eh? :smile:
heheh exactly.