Dark Matters review

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Dark Matters review

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 12:39 I hear reports of a man dressed as Dick Turpin surrounding the biggest sorting office in the Country armed with a Blunderbuss. Lt Kudu. :smt005
And it's loaded with half a pound of Retro Rockets CD shards and fragments....
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

To sum up DM pre release is clearly a jj stranglers written album right the way through with his raw gems that has been changed added and improvised by Baz which then has been completed and polished off on production by Louie,so all round the three stages of the the finished song's are sounding pretty dam good.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 14:20 To sum up DM pre release is clearly a jj stranglers written album right the way through
If you're going to make statements like this, at least back it up with something. Putting aside the fact that the bulk of one song clearly isn't written by ANY member of the band, all you know about the writing process is what you've been told about the songs they've talked about.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 14:28
toilerinblack wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 14:20 To sum up DM pre release is clearly a jj stranglers written album right the way through
If you're going to make statements like this, at least back it up with something. Putting aside the fact that the bulk of one song clearly isn't written by ANY member of the band, all you know about the writing process is what you've been told about the songs they've talked about.
Yes your right only the songs they have talked about which is not the whole album yes agreed there,i mean alot of the songs are jj written like the likes of White stallion where Baz has listened to it and added disco beats etc,If something and the Dave song which are all JJ written ideas where then baz and the band have added their ideas and bits to and for Louies final arangements and full production sound to finish it off with,with what was once started with jj's original acoustic idea.Yes like they have said all the songs are a band effort no one person taking the credit agreed,that's what i meant that alot are JJ written which are your typical stranglers sounding songs i think where i'm guessing they then add their bits to as a band for Louie to then do his production work too.But as JJ has said this is a band effort as a whole and not about one member taking the highs and lows together compared to how it all ended up in the end with MK1.It is nice amazingly though after all these decades together for them to say how happy and close, they still are,which is a good recipe for a long continuation if they wish it to be the case.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 09 Sep 2021, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 8088 »

I'd like to take this opportunity to inform people on the status of mammals of the Ursidae family - they do indeed, still defecate in arboreal zones….

Come on toilerinblack, tell us something we don't know - what would be the alternative to this set up?

JJ has done all the songs in Cubase, taught Baz the guitar bits and farmed out the mixing to fiverr.com :lol:

EDIT: Sorry, excuse the sarcasm I know you're just enthusiastic about DM :grin:

Post by 8088 »

I just set up a Spotify account pretending to be in Singapore via a VPN to stream DM 7 hours early but no luck - too much buffering through the VPN :(
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

8088 wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:06 I'd like to take this opportunity to inform people on the status of mammals of the Ursidae family - they do indeed, still defecate in arboreal zones….

Come on toilerinblack, tell us something we don't know - what would be the alternative to this set up?

JJ has done all the songs in Cubase, taught Baz the guitar bits and farmed out the mixing to fiverr.com :lol:

Yes ....sorry for rabbiting on about things you already know about, yes we are all just looking forward now to FRIDAY as it's been a long nine year wait to get there...lol
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

I just want to know if the office junior has taken them to the post office yet. Last collection soon unless he dumped them on the way there
STEVE
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:13
8088 wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:06 I'd like to take this opportunity to inform people on the status of mammals of the Ursidae family - they do indeed, still defecate in arboreal zones….

Yes ....sorry for rabbiting on about things you already know about, yes we are all just looking forward now to FRIDAY as it's been a long nine year wait to get there...lol
It’s a Great album, my CD of DM arrived yesterday 8) and I know who the new keyboard player is, still.
Send me £1000 right now and I’ll copy DM for you and tell you who the new keyboard player is.
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 09 Sep 2021, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

We know - as you said it's the "bloke with funny hair" :lol:

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:41
toilerinblack wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:13

It’s a Great album, my CD of DM arrived yesterday 8) and I know who the new keyboard player is, still.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

I admire your passion for the band toilerinblack, even though I think you're thinking out loud at times.
It's good to know there's fans like us still knocking about.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

A Friend of mine has Dark Matters, he lives in Manchester and is called Big John, seriously he bought from Record Shop, he's been a fan since 79 and he played it and just txr Wow, so let's See.Lt Kudu.