If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by MiB81 »

sendwarrior wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 20:44 For those who are doubting Jet's input.. 🙂

JJq&ajpg.jpg
Nice, thanx for sharing.
Now the rest of the piece/review please
:twisted:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 19:42 ...

I was at petrol station earlier and had a Stranglers t shirt on, the young girl said, are you in the Stranglers? Really it's true, I replied no. And exited stage left. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Reminds me of the time, when I was back in the printing game, and a couple of us were taken out for a freebie by
a paper company. It had been a messy night; we'd had the curry, and the requisite free booze and were now 3 sheets
to he wind in the strip club when a young semi-naked dancer approached our table and whilst chatting us up asked if
we were in a band. I looked around our table at the over-weight, middle-aged, balding men in curry-soiled suits, and replied,
"Yes, Status Quo" :roll:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 10:17
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 19:42 ...

I was at petrol station earlier and had a Stranglers t shirt on, the young girl said, are you in the Stranglers? Really it's true, I replied no. And exited stage left. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Reminds me of the time, when I was back in the printing game, and a couple of us were taken out for a freebie by
a paper company. It had been a messy night; we'd had the curry, and the requisite free booze and were now 3 sheets
to he wind in the strip club when a young semi-naked dancer approached our table and whilst chatting us up asked if
we were in a band. I looked around our table at the over-weight, middle-aged, balding men in curry-soiled suits, and replied,
"Yes, Status Quo" :roll:
Very funny Sir. Tops my story. Lt Kudu. :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: Which mag is that from? Yes for all the people who doubt Jets input, it's clear he has a big influence still, the rock of the Stranglers still. Lt Kudu.
Well, at the very least we know who is responsible for the current state of The Stranglers :roll:
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 10:57

… Well, at the very least we know who is responsible for the current state of The Stranglers :roll:
Agree, although I’d word it as who we should be grateful to and so express our thanks to
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Bear Cage wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 12:43
StanInBlack wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 10:57

… Well, at the very least we know who is responsible for the current state of The Stranglers :roll:
Agree, although I’d word it as who we should be grateful to and so express our thanks to
Agreed Jets opinions are valued and respected by all in the Stranglers set up,I'm glad they are carrying on until they decide otherwise, at the moment it's the album and tour and I guess they will decide where they go from there.I so far haven't seen a bad review of album, which means it's either rather good or they are being respectful as it's the last album with Dave, as journalists are pretty hard people usually, I think it's because the album is rather fucking good, and I make no apologies for swearing. Lt Kudu. :smt013
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Didn't JJ and Baz set up a new company recently without Jet?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Didn't JJ and Baz set up a new company recently without Jet?

Jim

If your inkling is right about this being the last tour and album then JJ and Baz will start again without Jet I suspect.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

gjinblack wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 14:28

Jim

If your inkling is right about this being the last tour and album then JJ and Baz will start again without Jet I suspect.

As I said, it's wait and see, I think they will take stock after all the tour commitments, we know even before Dave Passed away it was the last full tour with production, but If the album sells well, they may carry on, but its the final chapter in the Stranglers long illustrious career. Meaning the end is near. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 14:41
gjinblack wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 14:28

Jim

As I said, it's wait and see, I think they will take stock after all the tour commitments, we know even before Dave Passed away it was the last full tour with production, but If the album sells well, they may carry on, but its the final chapter in the Stranglers long illustrious career. Meaning the end is near. Lt Kudu.
I was kinda hoping JJ would be celebrating The Stranglers 50th year in 2024 :smt035 and still playing Stranglers gigs but yep let’s wait and see.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 15:21
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 14:41
gjinblack wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 14:28 If your inkling is right about this being the last tour and album then JJ and Baz will start again without Jet I suspect.

I was kinda hoping JJ would be celebrating The Stranglers 50th year in 2024 :smt035 and still playing Stranglers gigs but yep let’s wait and see.
A 50th anniversary would really be something,but i really think it just depends on how much further after Dave's last album along with the tour with the tribute player helping them to do these tours would JJ would want to continue on after that,if so would the filler be more of a fixture to the band and what with Jet no longer being able to play and the loss of Dave leaving just one remaining member would they want to continue on another three years to make the 50th,only they will know with time i suppose.I could imagine them touring occasionally to get there, but as for new material after DM we shall see.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Wait and see. Time will tell. Let's just see

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"