If something's going to kill me...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: If something's going to kill me...

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 13:14 It's Kraftwerk inspired by all electronic and Kraftwerk style electric drum pad sound
It's not all "electronic" though - harpsichord sample, hammond, guitar and trumpet.

As for the drums, I'd say Casio is a nearer comparison.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 13:19
Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 13:14 It's Kraftwerk inspired by all electronic and Kraftwerk style electric drum pad sound
It's not all "electronic" though - harpsichord sample, hammond, guitar and trumpet.

As for the drums, I'd say Casio is a nearer comparison.
Well Kraftwerk used to use a flute in some of their songs, it's more Electronic than anything they have done apart from All Roads as I have said, and the bass is electronic to, the point is as Baz said he was thinking Kraftwerk, but it's the Stranglers doing their version of Europop inspired by Kraftwerk. Not trying to be Kraftwerk. Lt Kudu 🇩🇪
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

So it's only Baz and Louie playing on this one then?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 14:12 So it's only Baz and Louie playing on this one then?
Sir Im only going from the info in the film on the website, unless Jim is doing the drum pads? JJ wrote lyrics and Baz developed it and Louie did the keyboards, so Louis is the fifth Beatle as Baz put it. Lt Kudu :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

He said he was thinking Kraft Cheese

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"Fifth Beatle" in a lineup of 1 original Beatle :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 14:23
jason wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 14:12 So it's only Baz and Louie playing on this one then?
Sir Im only going from the info in the film on the website, unless Jim is doing the drum pads? JJ wrote lyrics and Baz developed it and Louie did the keyboards, so Louis is the fifth Beatle as Baz put it. Lt Kudu :smt005
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 13:58 Well Kraftwerk used to use a flute in some of their songs, it's more Electronic than anything they have done apart from All Roads as I have said, and the bass is electronic to, the point is as Baz said he was thinking Kraftwerk, but it's the Stranglers doing their version of Europop inspired by Kraftwerk. Not trying to be Kraftwerk. Lt Kudu 🇩🇪
By this rationale they could've said The Lines was inspired by Bob Dylan because well....it has acoustic guitar :lol:
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

8088 wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 12:49
Greatkudu wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 12:34 I think Baz did a great job suggesting to JJ that it's in the Kraftwerk style, a big fan of Kraftwerk
Nobody seems to have noticed...it sounds nothing like Kraftwerk....
Nope. I said that somewhere earlier! I can't think of any Kraftwerk output it sounds like. Having a drum machine and synth bass has a very broad scope. And yes, the drum pattern reminds me of those typical Casio presets.... those little 80s machines were a lot of fun.
Last edited by markorbit on 04 Aug 2021, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Boogie
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah deffo not Kraftwerk by any stretch. Maybe more Soft Cell?

Jim
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

theraven1979 wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 15:22 Yeah deffo not Kraftwerk by any stretch. Maybe more Soft Cell?
Jim
Now you mention it Jim... well, closer than Kraftwerk anyway. The bass has that slow, lazy feel... yes.
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i think after what has happened to the band they have done a bloody good job to finish it in the first place.Then what with the rat tracks informing everybody about the tracks,keeping in touch and informing the fans has been for me the biggest improvement from this band i think.The music sounds great and the vids and the pic covers too,...full credit to them is what i say,i don't think they've put a foot wrong but work their arse off trying to produce their best after Dave,which is what most fans think too i reackon.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 04 Aug 2021, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

I think ‘sounds like’ and ‘inspired by’ would obviously be different outcomes. The drum and sequence parts are Kraftwerk inspired. That seems reasonably clear to me. If we’re saying it doesn’t sound like Autobahn or Europe Endless we’d have a point but it’s a flavour rather than a stock ingredient. Think saffron and paella rather than eggs and omelette
Last edited by Mathew S on 04 Aug 2021, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.