Sisterhood

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Sisterhood

Post by Bear Cage »

Mathew S wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:00 Don’t trust me though. I like Coup De Grace and didn’t wildly enjoy any of the albums between Dreamtime and About Time (or ‘The Times’ as I’ve literally just decided to call them)
Impeccable taste sir :grin:
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

I am quite fond of CDG myself, apart from the dull sound.Sounds like it was recorded underwater.
ricam
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ricam »

Mathew S wrote:Don’t trust me though. I like Coup De Grace and didn’t wildly enjoy any of the albums between Dreamtime and About Time (or ‘The Times’ as I’ve literally just decided to call them)
Can't disagree with any of this. About Time was the first Stranglers album I bought. The period you mention leaves me cold.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 22:12
Mathew S wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:52 Sisterhood just missed out because the album has an album extensive vinyl release and there wasn’t room for 12 tracks apparently. As it is Breathe and If Something have slightly abbreviated endings compared to the CD release
That's interesting. Do you think it will get a release one day Mathew?
[/quote
intresting info
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

still look forward to hearing it somewhere at some point.
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Mathew S wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 22:20 Yes it’s all done so ready for release whenever they want.
Would be nice if they release Sisterhood as a non album track with the next single from the Dark Matters album if there will be another single after If You Should See Dave... Or release it only as a double A side 7" vinyl single 🤓
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Lafleur wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 19:00
Mathew S wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 22:20 Yes it’s all done so ready for release whenever they want.
Would be nice if they release Sisterhood as a non album track with the next single from the Dark Matters album if there will be another single after If You Should See Dave... Or release it only as a double A side 7" vinyl single 🤓
yes good thoughts who knows with sisterhood, i would'nt know but some do.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

8088 wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 18:22 Can it not be shared?
Not without permission, no! It was a solo acoustic version, I'd love to hear the full electric version one day :grin: FX it gets released somehow 🎶🖤
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Mathew S wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 21:52 Sisterhood just missed out because the album has an album extensive vinyl release and there wasn’t room for 12 tracks apparently. As it is Breathe and If Something have slightly abbreviated endings compared to the CD release
Thanks for answering my question Mathew 😊👍 I'm glad to hear it has been recorded, let's hope they do release it sometime soon x
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Cheers Mathew. Personally am not too fond Aural -> Ten era but hey, Coup had a couple of cool tracks yes, shame the production sucks.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 21:12 Cheers Mathew. Personally am not too fond Aural -> Ten era but hey, Coup had a couple of cool tracks yes, shame the production sucks.
Agree too about Coups production, but for me i'm struggling no to name any good tracks from it,where 10 was a much better album all round than Coup was for me anyway.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

So with Sisterhood recorded they've already got 10% of the follow up to Dark Matters ready to go! :smile: Actually it would be great if they shocked us all with a follow up album coming out soon after Dark Matters like the good old days! You never know it could be possible, the band has had plenty of time to work on those 500 ideas! :grin: