White Stallion

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

marky
Ugly
Ugly

Re: White Stallion

Post by marky »

I am in awe that you have come up with these opinions and reviews of white stallion whilst there is mostly talking over the whole promo on youtube
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

marky wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 15:00 I am in awe that you have come up with these opinions and reviews of white stallion whilst there is mostly talking over the whole promo on youtube
Exactly - the little I've heard is encouraging, but I'll reserve judgement until it's properly released
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned JJs bass line on White Stallion, it sounds like one of his best for years, so it's very positive, if any band friends etc read this, they will feel happy with the mostly positive views expressed so far about White Stallion. 🐴 Lt Kudu on op shrub.
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

I reserve my opinion. Too many snippets and chat going on to get this.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

zamaguire wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:26 I reserve my opinion. Too many snippets and chat going on to get this.
Well yes of course, but the snippet sounds good, so let's wait and see,as they say. Lt Kudu 🦁
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 21:48
toilerinblack wrote:The production of all the tracks i have heard so far have been top notch by louis he's done an amazing job turning raw gems into giant productions.JJ said he wanted full production and the kitchen sink on White Stallion well louis delivered it and more by the the bits i could here.What a track and if like they said it was Daves last demo then the genius he was went out on a high.
It's Louie btw.....so now he works for B&Q delivering Kitchens?? Amazingly talented Guy our Louie!! ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
well i'm just glad they got him in to work on DM because for sure he's switched on and on JJs wavelength of the epic he wanted and like baz said hes the fifth beatle,again people have the right to think whatever they like about DM that's their right to like it or not,i like what i've heard so far and yes it is a bit early to judge the album in its entirety but White Stallion sounds amazing and for me the bigger the production of the song the better and opera as well...great stuff.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 24 Jul 2021, 10:26, edited 11 times in total.

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:18 I'm surprised no one has mentioned JJs bass line on White Stallion, it sounds like one of his best for years, so it's very positive, if any band friends etc read this, they will feel happy with the mostly positive views expressed so far about White Stallion. 🐴 Lt Kudu on op shrub.
I'm not keen on that overdriven sound - it's usually what people come up with when they're try to get the classic JJ sound but don't know how to?

It's not enough to put me off the track though - I've played that video to death :lol:

Post by 8088 »

marky wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 15:00 I am in awe that you have come up with these opinions and reviews of white stallion whilst there is mostly talking over the whole promo on youtube
I'm one of those weirdos that trusts his instincts and also, if I think a part of a song is brilliant I can forgive the rest - Miss You being my favourite example..

I tend to measure songs on an emotional level - not a technical one.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

8088 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 18:25
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:18 I'm surprised no one has mentioned JJs bass line on White Stallion, it sounds like one of his best for years, so it's very positive, if any band friends etc read this, they will feel happy with the mostly positive views expressed so far about White Stallion. 🐴 Lt Kudu on op shrub.
I'm not keen on that overdriven sound - it's usually what people come up with when they're try to get the classic JJ sound but don't know how to?

It's not enough to put me off the track though - I've played that video to death :lol:
Spot on ...i agree what a bass line how does he keep producing such great bass lines after all these years....amazing.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 18:42

Spot on ...i agree what a bass line how does he keep producing such great bass lines after all these years....amazing.
It's very impressive,it sounds a cracker of a song. Lt Kudu
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the full album

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 20:28

It's very impressive,it sounds a cracker of a song. Lt Kudu
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

[/quote
Yes...the band seems so pleased with what they have produced i've never seen them so happy with what they have produced,i'm hoping to feel the same after hearing the album too,but i'm waiting to hear it fully first before judgement day, but i have been more than impressed with what i have heard so far and especially White Stallion it does sound very good but i have only heard snippets,so i'm waiting for September like everbody else.