White Stallion

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: White Stallion

Post by Greatkudu »

I love the drum pattern to this song from the few seconds we have heard, Jim will be under scrutiny from people like me with his drum patterns, so far so good. Lt Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:I love the drum pattern to this song from the few seconds we have heard, Jim will be under scrutiny from people like me with his drum patterns, so far so good. Lt Kudu.
It's a basic 4/4 with Crash and Fills??...please enlighten us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 13:55
Greatkudu wrote:I love the drum pattern to this song from the few seconds we have heard, Jim will be under scrutiny from people like me with his drum patterns, so far so good. Lt Kudu.

I can't enlighten anyone Sir, I think it's a disco beat with double handed hi hat playing which might be sixteenth notes, I'm trying to sound technical. Lt Kudu. :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Jet has nothing to prove his record and legacy more than speaks for itself,i wouldn't really know any techincal side to drums unlike some on here who are drummers and do know what their talking about.
Jets recordings has made this band the band they were and are, especially back in the day all i will say is watch him in sewer and toiler '78.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 29 Jul 2021, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 19:39 Jet has nothing to prove his record and legacy more than speaks for itself,i wouldn't really know any techincal side to drums unlike some on here who are drummers and do know what their talking about.
Jets recordings has made this band the band they were and are, especially back in the day all i will say is watch him in sewer and toiler '78.
Yes agree Sir, I will be interested what the boy Jim has come up with on new album. Lt Kudu :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 19:46
toilerinblack wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 19:39 Jet has nothing to prove his record and legacy more than speaks for itself,i wouldn't really know any techincal side to drums unlike some on here who are drummers and do know what their talking about.
Yes agree Sir, I will be interested what the boy Jim has come up with on new album. Lt Kudu :smt005
Yes me too,i thinks hes more than good enough and has proved that too which i believe we will see his OWN stamp on this album.So far from what i have heard has been excellent and that's from a non drummer speaking lol i just think it sounds great.Shame we wasn't talking guitars different kettle of fish,but drums i will leave it to you experts who play and know what their talking about with their craft.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 30 Jul 2021, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 19:51
Yes me too,i thinks hes more than good enough and has proved that too which i believe we will see his OWN stamp on this album.So far from what i have heard has been excellent a perfect start to the dave song and that's from a non drummer speaking lol i just think its sounds great.Shame we wasn't talking guitars different kettle of fish,but drums i will leave it to you experts who play and know what their talking about with their craft.
Ha ha I'm know expert, Jim of course has to play a certain way in the Stranglers as its a tight rhythm section, I think the first time I saw Jim with the Stranglers was Brussels supporting Iggy Pop,outside next to the Royal Palace, a sweltering night but great gig, I was very impressed, JJs Bass boomed like a sonic boom that night, oh and they played Boom Boom that night, do you see what I did there? Great night, and Iggy was fantastic to, with ex Stranglers sound man Max Bisgrove doing Iggy Pops sound. Memories. Lt Kudu :smt006
Last edited by Greatkudu on 30 Jul 2021, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 21:04

Yes me too,i thinks hes more than good enough and has proved that too which i believe we will see his OWN stamp on this album.So far from what i have heard has been excellent a perfect start to the dave song and that's from a non drummer speaking lol i just think its sounds great.Shame we wasn't talking guitars different kettle of fish,but drums i will leave it to you experts who play and know what their talking about with their craft.
Ha ha I'm know expert, Jim of course has to play a certain way in the Stranglers as its a tight rhythm section, I think the first time I saw Jim with the Stranglers was Brussels supporting Igg Pop,outside next to the Royal Palace, a sweltering night but great gig, I was very impressed, JJs Bass boomed like a sonic boom that night, oh and they played Boom Boom that night, do you see what I did there? Great night, and Iggy was fantastic to, with ex Stranglers sound man Max Bisgrove doing Iggy Pops sound. Memories. Lt Kudu :smt006
seemed like a booming good night to me.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Greatkudu wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 21:04

Ha ha I'm know expert, Jim of course has to play a certain way in the Stranglers as its a tight rhythm section, I think the first time I saw Jim with the Stranglers was Brussels supporting Iggy Pop,outside next to the Royal Palace, a sweltering night but great gig, I was very impressed, JJs Bass boomed like a sonic boom that night, oh and they played Boom Boom that night, do you see what I did there? Great night, and Iggy was fantastic to, with ex Stranglers sound man Max Bisgrove doing Iggy Pops sound. Memories. Lt Kudu :smt006
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 13:55

:lol: :lol:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

So looking forward to hearing White Stallion going by the preview vid it sounds like Dave laid down his early basic key work to the track then it toke on a life of its own big time lol so i don't know how much of Dave's work we are going to hear through this epic production as the finished version.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 20:04 So looking forward to hearing White Stallion going by the preview vid it sounds like Dave laid down his early basic key work to the track then it toke on a life of its own big time lol so i don't know how much of Dave's work we are going to hear through this epic production as the finished version.
Yes I guess the rest will be Louie, we should be able to hear Daves keyboard bits hopefully? Some songs like Water will be all Dave, and Pay Day and man on moon and this song etc. Lt Kudu.