White Stallion

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: White Stallion

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote:I am not convinced by JJ's vocal....I prefer the Wasp to a Flame Whisper as Hugh puts it. Jim should have sung it!!??
I know what you mean, but on the other hand I couldn't imagine Baz singing it. I do think JJ should have been the vocalist on "The Lines", though (because it's ridiculous hearing Baz sing "papa") ...
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 16:54 I like big production, so I'm into the idea of 'em doing a big production number but this did feel to me to have somewhat of a "Finland's next entry in the Eurovision Song Contest" vibe about it, which I find utterly comical. I can just picture it now: sweaty Scandinavian goths with nipple rings and leather codpieces thrusting about with opera singers dressed in wedding dresses with shitloads of pyrotechnics and steel girders.
Quite the vivid picture. I just thought classic stadium rock.

Its difficult not to be distracted by promo - baz's fake bants and jj earnestly singing into the mike is a bit much.

Glad jj is singing. Hope he sings most tracks to be honest.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Too much clutter over the top of that to get a true impression of White Stallion :( It does sound like it could be massive, but will wait to hear the 'clean' track!

What got me the most is that it's Dave's last recorded work.. :smt022 💔
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

StanInBlack wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 16:54
Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:52 I think Stan will love or hate this??!! We await his dissection and thoughts.
Well, this is one of the songs that they didn't preview live, so I'm keen to hear the full thing before I form any sort of concrete opinion. There wasn't enough in the preview to get a sense of the song itself.

I like big production, so I'm into the idea of 'em doing a big production number but this did feel to me to have somewhat of a "Finland's next entry in the Eurovision Song Contest" vibe about it, which I find utterly comical. I can just picture it now: sweaty Scandinavian goths with nipple rings and leather codpieces thrusting about with opera singers dressed in wedding dresses with shitloads of pyrotechnics and steel girders.
“Thanks Stan …That was our Chief Music Correspondent Stan there with his take on the seemingly inexorable decline of rural Post Offices…More wholly predictable Hugh Cornwell related content from Stan in our 10 o’clock bulletin but now it’s time for the weather with Helen…”
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Mathew S wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 20:40
StanInBlack wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 16:54
Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:52 I think Stan will love or hate this??!! We await his dissection and thoughts.
Well, this is one of the songs that they didn't preview live, so I'm keen to hear the full thing before I form any sort of concrete opinion. There wasn't enough in the preview to get a sense of the song itself.

I like big production, so I'm into the idea of 'em doing a big production number but this did feel to me to have somewhat of a "Finland's next entry in the Eurovision Song Contest" vibe about it, which I find utterly comical. I can just picture it now: sweaty Scandinavian goths with nipple rings and leather codpieces thrusting about with opera singers dressed in wedding dresses with shitloads of pyrotechnics and steel girders.
“Thanks Stan …That was our Chief Music Correspondent Stan there with his take on the seemingly inexorable decline of rural Post Offices…More wholly predictable Hugh Cornwell related content from Stan in our 10 o’clock bulletin but now it’s time for the weather with Helen…”
Well from what I have heard it sounds unlike anything they have ever produced, i think it's a great achievement for a band who have been around for so long.It may get people thinking, hey let's give Dark Matters a chance, you may actually like it? And if you don't that's your personal choice as we almost live in a free country? Lt 🦁 Kudu
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

WOW!!! sounds F*****G Amazing love the music... full throttle.This sounds like something never before from this band,if people think its not very stranglers then i don't care if this is their last album they are going out on a high going by this track alone.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:WOW!!! sounds F*****G Amazing love the music... full throttle.This sounds like something never before from this band,if people think its not very stranglers then i don't care if this is their last album they are going out on a high going by this track alone.
Doesn't sound like The Stranglers!! It's operatic and I hate Opera!! Sounds like Jim Steinman produced it.....need to hear the full Song and It will be a Hit in Finland.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

painter in black wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:36 sounds interesting, Gothic, or whatever, Rammstein?/Anyway I think a good one!
Cradle of Filth :smt102
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mathew S wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 20:40 “Thanks Stan …That was our Chief Music Correspondent Stan there with his take on the seemingly inexorable decline of rural Post Offices…More wholly predictable Hugh Cornwell related content from Stan in our 10 o’clock bulletin but now it’s time for the weather with Helen…”
Except that (up to now) I haven't mentioned Hugh Cornwell in this thread once, so I don't know what "Hugh Cornwell related content" you're imagining. To be honest, I don't really need to as it turns out that other people have got that covered. You, for example.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Frederik wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 21:24
painter in black wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 10:36 sounds interesting, Gothic, or whatever, Rammstein?/Anyway I think a good one!
Cradle of Filth :smt102
Hahahaha, yes! I can see what you both mean in both cases. I mean, obviously this track isn't in the industrial/death metal realm but musically it definitely has the same sort of cod-operatic campiness as Rammstein and Cradle of Filth conjure up. Both bands I utterly hate, incidentally.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The production of all the tracks i have heard so far have been top notch by louis he's done an amazing job turning raw gems into giant productions.JJ said he wanted full production and the kitchen sink on White Stallion well louis delivered it and more by the the bits i could here.What a track and if like they said it was Daves last demo then the genius he was went out on a high.You cannot fail to be impressed in my opinion by White Stallion.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:The production of all the tracks i have heard so far have been top notch by louis he's done an amazing job turning raw gems into giant productions.JJ said he wanted full production and the kitchen sink on White Stallion well louis delivered it and more by the the bits i could here.What a track and if like they said it was Daves last demo then the genius he was went out on a high.
It's Louie btw.....so now he works for B&Q delivering Kitchens?? Amazingly talented Guy our Louie!! ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk