T-shirts

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: T-shirts

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:03
Greatkudu wrote:
evonx wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:25

Just kids or fashion victims that have no idea who the band on their shirt actually is, let alone name a fave song or album
Diagree, unlike kids who wear Ramones shirts as fashion item, the people who wear a Stranglers T shirt are fans, and why the fuck shouldn't people wear them? I'm proud to wear mine, usual reaction is, are the Stranglers still going? Or is Hugh Cornwell still in the band? :smt013 but earlier I was in a blue Blazer, my retired officer garb.Lt un cool Kudu. :smt006
I'd like to consider myself a proper fan (both of the proper and not so proper Stranglers :-)

So a few years ago I went to a From The Jam gig, and wore one of my Stranglers t shirts.
Well I may as well have gone to Wembley wearing my Italy football shirt!

Worse still, the lead singer of the support band made fun of me with my t shirt on in front of the whole venue, how embarrassing!
She said something like "these people who wear band t shirts...."
Of course she was on the mic, and I didn't have the chance to explain what a proper Stranglers fan I really am :-(
What a bitch!
Nasty, vile behaviour, you would have thought, she would have said, great band? I remember having a chat with Kirk Brandon a few years ago as I saw him and wore a Stranglers T shirt, he said great band and had seen them in the past, a lovely bloke. Lt Kudu
toneinstoke
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by toneinstoke »

I have worn my "purple helmets" T-shirt just to see what reaction I get.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:12
aldinblack wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:03
Greatkudu wrote:
Diagree, unlike kids who wear Ramones shirts as fashion item, the people who wear a Stranglers T shirt are fans, and why the fuck shouldn't people wear them? I'm proud to wear mine, usual reaction is, are the Stranglers still going? Or is Hugh Cornwell still in the band? :smt013 but earlier I was in a blue Blazer, my retired officer garb.Lt un cool Kudu. :smt006
I'd like to consider myself a proper fan (both of the proper and not so proper Stranglers :-)

So a few years ago I went to a From The Jam gig, and wore one of my Stranglers t shirts.

Worse still, the lead singer of the support band made fun of me with my t shirt on in front of the whole venue, how embarrassing!
Of course she was on the mic, and I didn't have the chance to explain what a proper Stranglers fan I really am :-(
What a bitch!
Nasty, vile behaviour, you would have thought, she would have said, great band? I remember having a chat with Kirk Brandon a few years ago as I saw him and wore a Stranglers T shirt, he said great band and had seen them in the past, a lovely bloke. Lt Kudu
You have really shocked me, why would you abuse someone in crowd for having a band T shirt, of Course Paul Roberts makes a joke on coast to coast CD about someone in a Bay City Rollers T shirt but it was in a nice jokey way, that Paul was great at with the banter, Ive worn Stranglers T shirts to Damned gigs and no problems, and to other gigs to, The Stranglers seem to be like Marmite,you either love or hate them. Tonight I will have my Hooligan t shirt on, I'm a bit sad, the same one Baz used to wear or the same make. SAD yes? But do I care no? Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toneinstoke wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:16 I have worn my "purple helmets" T-shirt just to see what reaction I get.
I wore that earlier, no reaction sadly. Lt Kudu :smt005
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I can't believe all this t shirt stuff,you should be able to wear what you like when you like to where you like end of.I like many on here have been to so many gigs from different bands over the years wearing different t shirts and its never been a problem.
I used to go to loads of punk gigs in the late '70s-80s...uk subs, 999,billy idol,sham 69,siouxsie and the banshees,the list is endless and fans wore all different punk bands t shirts and logos on leather jackets to different bands gigs with no problem, infact it was good to read all the different logos and t shirts it all went with a good night out at a gig,looking good the punk hair, the badges,the t shirts and jackets it was all exceptable.But i suppose that was all back in the day and maybe times have changed now.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 19 Jul 2021, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Greatkudu wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:03 I'd like to consider myself a proper fan (both of the proper and not so proper Stranglers :-)

What a bitch!
You have really shocked me, why would you abuse someone in crowd for having a band T shirt, of Course Paul Roberts makes a joke on coast to coast CD about someone in a Bay City Rollers T shirt but it was in a nice jokey way, that Paul was great at with the banter, Ive worn Stranglers T shirts to Damned gigs and no problems, and to other gigs to, The Stranglers seem to be like Marmite,you either love or hate them. Tonight I will have my Hooligan t shirt on, I'm a bit sad, the same one Baz used to wear or the same make. SAD yes? But do I care no? Lt Kudu.
Honestly, I'm not making this up! I wouldn't call it abuse, but it was like she was trying to belittle me for wearing a band t shirt. Words to the effect of " I bet you've never even seen The Stranglers...", like I was some kid just wearing it to look cool..

On the positive side, I asked Bruce Foxton for the set list sheet as their set was finishing, and he jokingly pointed to my shirt as if to say "you want the Stranglers set list?"
Security guy then handed it over to me..
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:57
Greatkudu wrote:

Honestly, I'm not making this up! I wouldn't call it abuse, but it was like she was trying to belittle me for wearing a band t shirt. Words to the effect of " I bet you've never even seen The Stranglers...", like I was some kid just wearing it to look cool..

On the positive side, I asked Bruce Foxton for the set list sheet as their set was finishing, and he jokingly pointed to my shirt as if to say "you want the Stranglers set list?"
Bruce a very nice chap, met him years ago before a gig, he was playing in a band with mostly Females I seem to remember, a real Gent. Always liked him in the Jam but never liked barrow boy Weller Joking.Lt Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
toneinstoke wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:16 I have worn my "purple helmets" T-shirt just to see what reaction I get.
What happened to the Double Fronted Blue Blazer??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 18:18
aldinblack wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 17:57
Greatkudu wrote:

Bruce a very nice chap, met him years ago before a gig, he was playing in a band with mostly Females I seem to remember, a real Gent. Always liked him in the Jam but never liked barrow boy Weller Joking.Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed Bruce has always been a top bass player and Paul a great vocalist with the Jam and as a solo artist too i think,but never like the style council but apart from that a great all rounder.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 18:20
Greatkudu wrote:

Well i cant believe I actually bought a blue blazer a few years ago, not double breasted, I must be getting old? But it's nice to wear something different apart from my Leather bikers jacket and black clothing, I do recommend a blue blazer as you can wear with Jeans, it's as smart as I get, I even have a tweed jacket, I'm shaming myself now, but will be sporting a Stranglers T shirt tomorrow for redemption. Lt Kudu. :smt005
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 21:17 I do recommend a blue blazer as you can wear with Jeans
You've been spotted :lol:
1.jpg
1.jpg (23.72 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 18:20
Greatkudu wrote: I wore that earlier, no reaction sadly. Lt Kudu :smt005

Well i cant believe I actually bought a blue blazer a few years ago, not double breasted, I must be getting old? But it's nice to wear something different apart from my Leather bikers jacket and black clothing, I do recommend a blue blazer as you can wear with Jeans, it's as smart as I get, I even have a tweed jacket, I'm shaming myself now, but will be sporting a Stranglers T shirt tomorrow for redemption. Lt Kudu. :smt005
Colonel Kudu about to hit the Salisbury Gentlemen's Clubs. Image