Keys To The Future...

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Keys To The Future...

Post by 8088 »

toilerinblack wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:50 why wouldn't you not want someone like that in who not only knows their music but enjoys playing stranglers material too and who also appreciates Dave's music as a fan like we do
I'd like to think the new player would be bursting with ideas to offer the band for new songs - I would.

Whether or not that's what they want to do we'll have to wait and see.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

8088 wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:57
toilerinblack wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:50 why wouldn't you not want someone like that in who not only knows their music but enjoys playing stranglers material too and who also appreciates Dave's music as a fan like we do
I'd like to think the new player would be bursting with ideas to offer the band for new songs - I would.

Whether or not that's what they want to do we'll have to wait and see.
Yep agreed too...if they are to move forwards as a band with this player in a new fresh direction who might want to put his own ideas and stamp on things,to be honest we don't know yet what he has been brought in to do it might still be just as a fill for the tours or maybe a more long term member for newer material on the horizon in the future,but for sure he wouldn't want to be a replicate copy of Dave that i think wouldn't be good either,he will be a musician in his own right with ideas too and a songwriter too would be a massive bonus that could really help them into the 2020s and beyond.Yes the band needs a player who can play Dave's part's that goes without saying on the tours with all the old hits fans want to hear,but if they do still want to move on with new material then his input could be fresh and healthy for them,i think it looks really good for them now moving forwards as a unit,it's basically down to what they want to do long term now they have been doing this now a lifetime and getting older too but i'm sure as musicians who love their craft the fire's still burning....the world i think is still their oyster.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 11 Aug 2021, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

The Stranglers have already said that this next tour will be their last large full production tour, and don't forget that JJ will be 70 years old next February! After that it will be festivals and smaller scale suff only. They are winding down - make the most of the tour 🖤
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

sendwarrior wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 22:53 The Stranglers have already said that this next tour will be their last large full production tour, and don't forget that JJ will be 70 years old next February! After that it will be festivals and smaller scale suff only. They are winding down - make the most of the tour 🖤
yes last full production tour,what does winding down mean years of smaller tours lol i see no end to them touring,last album maybe maybe not, Baz and JJ are close for sure i can't see them stopping either they love it to much,smaller and more spaced out tours or venues even,but the end i don't think so yet or for sometime but it's up to them and yes like you say JJ does incredibly well for nearly 70.For me it won't really matter because of Dave i won't continue on with the tours i feel now is the right time to stop what with Dave, i shall still see Hugh and it is still so good to see so many staying with them still they need all the support they can get.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

sendwarrior wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 22:53 The Stranglers have already said that this next tour will be their last large full production tour, and don't forget that JJ will be 70 years old next February!
JJ has suggested in more than one interview that one of the main reasons for this was because of concerns for Dave's health.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I do think that this is a good time to finish up The Stranglers but for new stuff to be released under a different name whilst still allowing them the right to play Stranglers songs at whatever shows might be done.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Are we going to find out who the new keyboard player is later today with this acoustic session?
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

jason wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 11:46 Are we going to find out who the new keyboard player is later today with this acoustic session?
Doubt it - I imagine it will be JJ and Baz as it's an acoustic session.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jetblacksdad wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 11:33 I do think that this is a good time to finish up The Stranglers but for new stuff to be released under a different name whilst still allowing them the right to play Stranglers songs at whatever shows might be done.
Not a bad idea at all when you think about it the name the stranglers today even with a blinding single might not get air play,the name says old band from the past whose had their day but if they were a new name and people didn't know who they were but liked what they heard could be different music is fresh and timeless..Paul Mccartney did it under the fireman to see if people bought his materail not because of who he was.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

droopsnoot wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 09:09 JJ has suggested in more than one interview that one of the main reasons for this was because of concerns for Dave's health.
Indeed it was, but JJ isn't doing great either - he's wearing a back support under his shirt in the recent videos, in case you didn't notice!

After the tour and Rebellion next year there is nothing in the Stranglers diary..
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

jason wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 11:46 Are we going to find out who the new keyboard player is later today with this acoustic session?
Well Louie might be in it, but he's not the new keyboard player!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

sendwarrior wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 13:46
Well Louie might be in it, but he's not the new keyboard player!
And he was in it! 🙂

Louie must be getting fed up of being asked if he's the new keyboard player, as they had to make it clear that he isn't on the text above the video!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤