The Lines preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Lines preview

Post by Yanders »

I like big thing coming, for me it's the best thing they've did in the 2000s.

Regarding The Lines, sometimes tracks sound better in the context of an album, and the strangers have a habit of making a song better live. Thrown away, for me is mediocre as a single, but sounded better on the album and great played live in the 80s.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I like the Big thing coming sound but found it a bet repetitive with few lyrics but I guess it made a good single. It did the job!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 11:59 I like the Big thing coming sound but found it a bet repetitive with few lyrics but I guess it made a good single. It did the job!
[/qu
yep ...agreed! Great music but to repetitive and the lyrics to weak.This was a massive chance that past them by back in the day what with good live mainstream exposure like live AM breakfast TV on Lorraine Kelly that got them no where.All history now under the bridge but if that got them nowhere back then how do they expect to do any better today with DM? Well they won't we are in 2021 and they will sadly never recapture the Mk1 days again.They've had their day in the singles charts,but who cares i just want to hear and own their new material as a fan,couldn't give a flying fig about charts and positions,at the end of the day what does it mean anyway today how well they do in the charts,their crust is with their loyal fans at gigs.But after 40 odd years it would be good for their pride and ego as veterans of the music industry to do well i suppose,certainly turn a few heads.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mathew S wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 13:42 Down is in a similarly melodic, acoustic form. I think they’re both simple and beautiful.
The songs not the songwriters…
^ Looks like this "album version" you're all holding out for isn't going to be much different :smile:
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

8088 wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 16:27 Acoustic version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTOKI1ArDnQ
Jesus wept, what was even the point? :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Really not keen - Maybe this sits really well on the album between 2 bangers or something?!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote:Really not keen - Maybe this sits really well on the album between 2 bangers or something?!

Jim
Isn't the LP Version exactly the same as this??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk