The Lines preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Re: The Lines preview

Post by BasiltheBrush »

Indeed..... I wouldn’t expect peeps to get behind a track if they don’t like it

I just find some of the analysis for want of a better word , just a wee bit nasty at times.

I just don’t think it’s needed. Some appear to be being vicious for vicious sake.

Personally, I think the Lines is ok.....like someone said here earlier, it sounds like a filler of sorts. Hopefully it lies between two big powerful tracks (sort of a breather between the two).
For me, I wasn’t a fan of the accompanying video. I think it would have worked better seeing the guys actually performing it. I guess deciding to leave it at that one take put paid to that possibility.

I think whatever, it will definitely be an interesting and different album

Sorry if I have offended anyone on here
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I can kinda see people's frustration though. I guess potentially this is the last album from the band so obviously people want the best. It's a weak track at best.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

BasiltheBrush wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 18:41 Fair do’s, but I’d hardly call it rapidly mounting evidence just because a handful of people don’t like what they’ve heard so far...

It’s all a matter of personal taste at the end of the day. Some will love, some will hate.

Not having a dig at you Stan, far from it, but I am shocked by the amount of negativity on here recently... it’s almost like some want to write the album off regardless of how good or bad it is.

It feels like many are deliberately looking for things that are wrong just so that they can have a go at the band. It was disappointing to see Louie get roasted on here. He’s been a key member of the crew and back room staff for over 20 years. I thought some of the comments were quite uncalled for.

Let’s face it, the music has moved on, aged and changed....it’s never going to be like it was pre 1990. Some people seem not to be able to get over that fact...

Given everything that the band has had to go through these past two years I would have thought everyone should get behind them regardless of what they’ve been able to put out.

Must have been so hard without Dave
Sir I agree, some of the comments are out of order, Louie is a great producer, musician and all round Nice bloke, he understands what the band wants, and I'm sure he tells them stuff they don't want to hear sometimes, it has got very negative, as I said don't have blind allegiance, but a bit less negativety would be good, some just want to hate it before they have heard the album, and even if you do hate it when you have heard it, the criticism should not be personal against Baz etc not being as good as Hugh etc, it gets boring, Baz gave the band an injection of energy when it was turning sour with Paul.So all I ask of people is be open minded, you never know you may actually like what you hear? If not just keep playing the Stranglers albums from 77-90.Lt Kudu :smt009
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The negativity is justified - It's subjective anyway so if you wanna suck up any thing you hear then go for it. Nothing wrong with being critical. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean to say it's wrong.

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Who else has he produced? Some classics no doubt?

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:35 Louie is a great producer
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:43 Who else has he produced? Some classics no doubt?

Jim
Tina Cousins!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/294745-L ... lter_anv=0
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That's me told!

Jim
parasiteinblack wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:47
theraven1979 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:43 Who else has he produced? Some classics no doubt?

Jim
Tina Cousins!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/294745-L ... lter_anv=0
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

theraven1979 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:41 The negativity is justified - It's subjective anyway so if you wanna suck up any thing you hear then go for it. Nothing wrong with being critical. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean to say it's wrong.

Jim
Of course....everyone has differing opinions, and there will always be critics. Justification is always in the eye of the beholder.

I just find it sad that at times these criticisms have been quite personal and not very nice.

Let’s hope come September 11th, things might be a little brighter. 8)
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

BasiltheBrush wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 18:41 Fair do’s, but I’d hardly call it rapidly mounting evidence just because a handful of people don’t like what they’ve heard so far...

It’s all a matter of personal taste at the end of the day. Some will love, some will hate.

Not having a dig at you Stan, far from it, but I am shocked by the amount of negativity on here recently... it’s almost like some want to write the album off regardless of how good or bad it is.

It feels like many are deliberately looking for things that are wrong just so that they can have a go at the band. It was disappointing to see Louie get roasted on here. He’s been a key member of the crew and back room staff for over 20 years. I thought some of the comments were quite uncalled for.

Let’s face it, the music has moved on, aged and changed....it’s never going to be like it was pre 1990. Some people seem not to be able to get over that fact...

Given everything that the band has had to go through these past two years I would have thought everyone should get behind them regardless of what they’ve been able to put out.

Must have been so hard without Dave
Well said, that fox, well said :D
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

BasiltheBrush wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:56
theraven1979 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 21:41 The negativity is justified - It's subjective anyway so if you wanna suck up any thing you hear then go for it. Nothing wrong with being critical. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean to say it's wrong.

Jim
Of course....everyone has differing opinions, and there will always be critics. Justification is always in the eye of the beholder.

I just find it sad that at times these criticisms have been quite personal and not very nice.

Let’s hope come September 11th, things might be a little brighter. 8)
Totally agree,criticism is fine but best kept constructive. Lt Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Hear, hear.Criticism is fine and we don't have to like whatever the band churns out just because it's the Stranglers.But a line has been crossed here, I feel.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Whilst this song as had a fair share of criticism it's also had gushing praise. I feel the criticism is no worse that the stick that was/is dished out to Miss You, Tonight or even Hugh songs like "So Sexual" and "Under Your Hat" they all got panned.

I guess the real measure of a great song is how many times you listen to it once it's been out. We'll see.

Jim