The Lines preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: The Lines preview

Post by jason »

I was hoping we would have 11 big strong album tracks after the long wait but this is just a nice little throwaway filler track. I'm really hoping Down, White Stallion and Breathe are going to be really strong tracks because I'm not totally convinced by the other tracks I've heard so far.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:Rethinking again on this one after watching it again with my headphones on i think they have written something special that could capture peoples hearts,feelings and emotions,this song which does seem a little sad and makes you stop,watch and think, has been written in the same concept and construction to how some of the christmas advert songs are done nowdays including that stlye of vid too.All the big boys now do these type of style songs and people love them.....they have been very clever with this one if you stop and think about it.As stranglers fans we are waiting for the more meaty stuff on the album thats true but never the less they have written a song i think people will like.
The New Simon and Garfünkel??...discuss at your Peril....ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

jason wrote:I was hoping we would have 11 big strong album tracks after the long wait but this is just a nice little throwaway filler track. I'm really hoping Down, White Stallion and Breathe are going to be really strong tracks because I'm not totally convinced by the other tracks I've heard so far.
...I was just going to post something very similar to you Jason. Totally agree with you.

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I still think we will hear a gem of an album,its the stranglers way of things of the odd one that's very different.I mean if you had heard a preview track of La Folie sung in french before the album was released you might of thought what the hell is this album all about yet the album is a classic in time.I'm hoping that some of the names you have mentioned are going to be blinding tracks too lets hope so.Certainly the three you have named i hope sound good names for three great tracks and after 9 years we all hope so....Fingers Crossed for September all will be revealed.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The problem is for many on here people follow and buy the stranglers material for what the stranglers for decades stands for with that distinctive sound that the fans love and want to still hear from them and why they still follow them still, they love the stranglers style of music and expect to hear from them and i understand that this type of song is not the type of stranglers material people expect to hear or want to hear from them maybe, but that's their choice in recording tracks like the lines knowing its stranglers fans who will be listening to it and hopefully buying it, so is it right the way with that type of song?but more importantly is it the type of song the stranglers fans want to hear?
Last edited by toilerinblack on 09 Jul 2021, 20:49, edited 3 times in total.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

good for a funeral
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Anyone expecting Mull of Kintyre to kick in? :lol:
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

sounds a bit like tonight from coup i hope we are not going backwards again,i'm sure we will get other songs that the fans will like,well i hope so.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

markorbit wrote:Anyone expecting Mull of Kintyre to kick in? Image
I was wanting the 'kin guitars to kick in! Image

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 20:41 The problem is for many on here people follow and buy the stranglers material for what the stranglers for decades stands for with that distinctive sound that the fans love and want to still hear from them and why they still follow them still, they love the stranglers style of music and expect to hear from them and i understand that this type of song is not the type of stranglers material people expect to hear or want to hear from them maybe, but that's their choice in recording tracks like the lines knowing its stranglers fans who will be listening to it and hopefully buying it, so is it right the way with that type of song?but more importantly is it the type of song the stranglers fans want to hear?
Spot on Sir, its a nice quirky song, brave for the band to challenge the fanbase by doing a song that doesn't sound like the Stranglers, I must admit when I first heard it, I thought could do better, but on several listens I like it, says all they want to say. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 20:21
jason wrote:I was hoping we would have 11 big strong album tracks after the long wait but this is just a nice little throwaway filler track. I'm really hoping Down, White Stallion and Breathe are going to be really strong tracks because I'm not totally convinced by the other tracks I've heard so far.
...I was just going to post something very similar to you Jason. Totally agree with you.

Well so far I think Water, Payday, If Something s gonna kill me and Dave sound pretty impressive. This Song could be a good one if it's Stranglerised but I'm disappointed it's a cover. Last Men on the moon also could be quite good as well but sounded a bit middle of the road on the tour and Lines is just a filler, so hopefully the other tracks will be really strong to make it a decent album.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm hoping they're holding back the "bangers"

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"