The Lines preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The Lines preview

Post by theraven1979 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxHWDh60w4U

ITV Continuity Announcer: "And as the credits roll on another episode of The Sunshine Old Folks Home hopefully you can join us next week when Arthur finds his dentures when June accidently sits on them at Bingo"

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 17:37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxHWDh60w4U

ITV Continuity Announcer: "And as the credits roll on another episode of The Sunshine Old Folks Home hopefully you can join us next week when Arthur finds his dentures when June accidently sits on them at Bingo"

Jim
Dennis Waterman is the guv when it comes to song writing for that sort of telly - he's a damn sight better at it than the band. That being said, I do hope they play it live!
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

porkymeat wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 17:46 Dennis Waterman is the guv when it comes to song writing for that sort of telly - he's a damn sight better at it than the band. That being said, I do hope they play it live!
But Baz is gonna write the feem toon, sing the feem toon..... :lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 17:37 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxHWDh60w4U

Jim
:lol: :lol:

This one is my cat, this one is my dog
This one is my rat, this one is my frog
This one's from my piles, this one's from my 'roids
This one's from frustration from playing Asteroids
This is from my ex, this is from my work
These are the lines on face
carlowe
Rats Rally

Post by carlowe »

Three Lines on My Face
Jean Burnel's not singin'
Almost 50 Years of Words
Not many quite as mingin'
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Can't help but feel that if they'd written a song called "The Lines" in 1979, the subject matter woulda been quite different :lol:
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:Can't help but feel that if they'd written a song called "The Lines" in 1979, the subject matter woulda been quite different Image
Very good Point Stan!! ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 12:22 Then that's a shame IMO - Surely, out of the 200,000 song ideas there's better options.

Jim
199,999 of them 😁. I'm ok if this replaces a jazz one , but if there's a fucking jazz one as well 😑 .
All quiet ..........
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I quite like the concept and video. My only disappointment is that this short 'throwaway' ditty is another of the valuable 11 album slots. My hopes for another prog Hallow workout are fading fast. But it's a poignant little song.
Let's Boogie
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Jim
To imagine that The Stranglers retire on all the TV royalties from their theme to an immensely popular ITV show with the unlikeliest of tracks. What an unexpected twist and turn that would be... but at the same time.... very Stranglers.
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 19:21 I quite like the concept and video. My only disappointment is that this short 'throwaway' ditty is another of the valuable 11 album slots. My hopes for another prog Hallow workout are fading fast. But it's a poignant little song.
Blimey another Hallow..... we can dream away lol maybe we might have to wait for Hughs new efforts.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Rethinking again on this one after watching it again with my headphones on i think they have written something special that could capture peoples hearts,feelings and emotions,this song which does seem a little sad and makes you stop,watch and think, has been written in the same concept and construction to how some of the christmas advert songs are done nowdays including that stlye of vid too.All the big boys now do these type of style songs and people love them.....they have been very clever with this one if you stop and think about it.As stranglers fans we are waiting for the more meaty stuff on the album thats true but never the less they have written a song i think people will like.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 09 Jul 2021, 20:17, edited 3 times in total.