Payday preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Payday preview

Post by theraven1979 »

Now on the official site

I think this is the first of 3 song previews off the new album

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Payday preview

Post by evonx »

Nice to get the fans involved like this. Takes away a bit of the thrill of hearing it all the first time you spin your disc/record, play tape or hit streaming service of choice. Still, a fun watch and initiative
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sounding rather good. Lt Kudu.
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

"Bisted and Twitter" There is eloquence in tongue tripping :grin:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

First thought: "hmm, this doesn't seem to be sounding too bad."
Second thought: "nah... bisted and twitter? fuck off."

Ultimately, it's default mode post-Hugh Stranglers doing what they do (again) with JJ writing about revenge (again - yawn!) and the usual whiff of "old man yelling at clouds" they've had in their songwriting since the not so golden days of "Retro Rockets" ...

The way Baz sings "bisted and twitter", trying to give it a bit of attitude, has this whole "look, I just said a clever thing" vibe to it which is comical for all the wrong reasons. Fortunately, other tracks previewed at least show signs of them at least trying to do something else so I won't write it all off just yet.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Quite like the sound of it and Baz's vocal sounds good from the little bit we hear here, he always sounds better in a higher key. Like others I'm not so sure about the latest "joke" though it seems like something that would've been quite funny at the time it first happened but that's it.
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I loved this song live and as Louie said JJ wanted a bit of production on this album, I think we are in for a treat with the new album, a mix of styles, and the keyboard sounds great on the snippet, what's not to like?? Lt Kudu bisted and Twitter. :lol:
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Knowing JJ's opinion of social media, i totally understand why 'bisted and twitter' was left in!

Suspect we may get to hear something new at some stage, as they space these chat videos out so much, it will time with the album release date 😉😁
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

TOP DEFINITION
Bisted
The effect of consuming alcohol until one becomes "buzzed;" which is then combined with marijuana or tobacco.

This acts as a lighter but smoother layer of twisted, often for those who perfer to relax, adventure, and walk around neighborhoods all night long.

New to me. And, I suspect, to Baz too.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm liking the sound of the production on this album so far. I'm not entirely convinced by this song though yet.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

well i was quite surprised in the difference to a song i hated live and thought was a weak song sounded really good on what i could hear.The production sounds amazing the sparkle JJ was after for sure.If payday sounded this good once they toke it to the studio and totally changed and revamped this song i just cannot wait to hear last man on the moon and water.But on this short preview its a thumbs up from me on what i thought was the worst song i heard live so far from this album.I've a real feeling this album is going to be right up there or if not better maybe than NC as their best post hugh.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 22:23 well i was quite surprised in the difference to a song i hated live and thought was a weak song sounded really good on what i could hear.The production sounds amazing the sparkle JJ was after for sure.If payday sounded this good once they toke it to the studio and totally changed and revamped this song i just cannot wait to hear last man on the moon and water.But on this short preview its a thumbs up from me on what i thought was the worst song i heard live so far from this album.I've a real feeling this album is going to be right up there or if not better maybe than NC as their best post hugh.
I always loved this song, nice to have an aggressive song on the album, and nothing wrong with older men doing an aggressive song, there will be a good mix, which is what we love about the band or one of the reasons, Louie a very talented chap with the production. Lt Kudu.