Payday preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Payday preview

Post by evonx »

kenl wrote: ↑Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:53 pm
Who's Louie?
Very funny, keep up :smt005 Louie is their sound man and producer, he also plays keyboards for the Wurzels. Lt Kudu.
He´s been working with the stranglers at least the last 20 years
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 15:03
kenl wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 13:53Who's Louie?
he also plays keyboards for the Wurzels. Lt Kudu.

I could have been born in Tokyo or Dehli
I could have been born in New York or Sydney
I could have been a post-war East Berliner
But I ended up collaborating with a Wurzel
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

If only he’d been in the Dubliners it would have fitted the rhyming scheme

Post by 8088 »

Mathew S wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 22:58 If only he’d been in the Dubliners it would have fitted the rhyming scheme
And only marginally less shocking :lol:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 12:05
Greatkudu wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 09:58
toilerinblack wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 22:23 well i was quite surprised in the difference to a song i hated live and thought was a weak song sounded really good on what i could hear.The production sounds amazing the sparkle JJ was after for sure.If payday sounded this good once they toke it to the studio and totally changed and revamped this song i just cannot wait to hear last man on the moon and water.But on this short preview its a thumbs up from me on what i thought was the worst song i heard live so far from this album.I've a real feeling this album is going to be right up there or if not better maybe than NC as their best post hugh.
I always loved this song, nice to have an aggressive song on the album, and nothing wrong with older men doing an aggressive song, there will be a good mix, which is what we love about the band or one of the reasons, Louie a very talented chap with the production. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed...Louie a very talented chap like you say.
kenl

Post by kenl »

evonx wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 21:35
kenl wrote: ↑Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:53 pm
Who's Louie?
Very funny, keep up :smt005 Louie is their sound man and producer, he also plays keyboards for the Wurzels. Lt Kudu.
He´s been working with the stranglers at least the last 20 years
Ah OK, thanks.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Was he involved in the Norfolk Coast album? He produced Suite 16 but was he involved on any albums before that?
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

jason wrote:Was he involved in the Norfolk Coast album? He produced Suite 16 but was he involved on any albums before that?
He got a "Thanks" in the Credits on Norfolk Coast for Pre-Production Engineering with Max Bisgrove.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 10:18 Was he involved in the Norfolk Coast album? He produced Suite 16 but was he involved on any albums before that?
The band have a great working relationship with Louie and of course he has been front of house sound since max Bisgrove left some years ago. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I always loved this song live, I think it's great the band are doing these little films about songs, they are making the anticipation even higher, what a nice chap Louie comes across as, I have spoken to him a few times. Lt Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:I always loved this song live, I think it's great the band are doing these little films about songs, they are making the anticipation even higher, what a nice chap Louie comes across as, I have spoken to him a few times. Lt Kudu.
I think the Anticipation for you cannot go any higher!!...you are at your Limit.

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 19:21
Greatkudu wrote:I always loved this song live, I think it's great the band are doing these little films about songs, they are making the anticipation even higher, what a nice chap Louie comes across as, I have spoken to him a few times. Lt Kudu.
I think the Anticipation for you cannot go any higher!!...you are at your Limit.

Ha ha very good, I do get excited, it's my character.Lt Kudu. :smt005