Payday preview

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Payday preview

Post by jason »

Well it's been a bloody long wait!
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Wow' sounds great' Great work Louie.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

giants wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 13:59 Wow' sounds great' Great work Louie.
Good old Louie has got good mix on Daves keys. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 16:52
yep spot on.....
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 17:00
yep spot on.....
Sir sadly even if the album is brilliant which I think it will be, there are always going to be people who want to hyper criticise any material the current line up do, we should all get behind the band, and support them for however long they decide to keep going. Lt Kudu.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 13:52

yep spot on.....
Sir sadly even if the album is brilliant which I think it will be, there are always going to be people who want to hyper criticise any material the current line up do, we should all get behind the band, and support them for however long they decide to keep going. Lt Kudu.
Agreed, though constructive criticism has its merits.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Josh wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:25
yep spot on.....
Yes of course, but some people are stuck in the past.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You could say that about the band :lol:

A think criticism is justified. I've not witnessed anyone on here slag the album off for the sake of it. We've had people liking some tracks and not others. I think the album will sound a little disjointed but that's to be expected - all things considered.

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:48
Josh wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:25

Yes of course, but some people are stuck in the past.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:48 Yes of course, but some people are stuck in the past.
You could also argue that "some people" are also stuck in the present and will look to judge any new album alongside other new albums.

Could a new Stranglers product compete with new releases by other artists in this climate? Satisfying the fans is one thing, remaining relevant to a wider audience is another, and I'm not talking about angling for chart success or competing with pop artists either.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 17:22
Greatkudu wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:48 Yes of course, but some people are stuck in the past.
You could also argue that "some people" are also stuck in the present and will look to judge any new album alongside other new albums.

Could a new Stranglers product compete with new releases by other artists in this climate? Satisfying the fans is one thing, remaining relevant to a wider audience is another, and I'm not talking about angling for chart success or competing with pop artists either.
Well the stranglers still exist because they still want to do it and enough people want to see them live, I don't think they care about reaching a wider audience in this stage of their career, the fact that they can still be bothered to produce a new album with all thats happened with the loss of Dave and the limited amount of people who will buy the album has to be admired by even the harshest detractor, the album will be judged on how they are now and not what came before, so we will wait and see, personally I'm impressed from what I have heard.Lt Kudu.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

As if the Not Proper Stranglers give a flying fuck about competing with any other band artistically, commercially or by any other measure we care to mention.
They have transcended to a level where the 3 original members are financially set for life by virtue of their incredible creativity and artistic merit.
Hugh and the Not Proper Stranglers have earned the right to release whatever they want whenever they want. The essential truth of where we are now is that we continue to have the opportunity to like or dislike Hugh and NPS albums 45 years after Rattus was released. People are kidding themselves if they think the band exists in some kind of meritocratic ladder table. That kind of classification only exists in the minds of fans and consumers.
Dark Matters is a triumph in my individual opinion but art and creativity are subjectively judged by a sea of opinionated individuals, each with their own unique perspectives, prejudices and personal baggage. Nothing more, nothing less
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Mathew S wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 23:19 As if the Not Proper Stranglers give a flying fuck about competing with any other band artistically, commercially or by any other measure we care to mention.
That's just as well, since Dark Matters would have to be something very special to hold the merest candle to the best of the wealth of vital, great music that's already been released so far in 2021 and I'm not sure that'll be the case. Compare this to, say, Black & White which more than held its own against anything released in 1978.