JJ and Baz together again at last.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Re: JJ and Baz together again at last.

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 09:04
toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 22:45
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:39

Don't think there are many long instrumental parts on new album? But not that long now to wait. Lt Kudu.
Yeh i know your right,can dream those days are long gone that went post hugh.I don't know why they don't still or at least the odd track or two anyway off thread again.I think alongside Dark matters which i'm hoping is going to be a good one of the be post NC,time will tell,then It will be the gov'nors turn maybe next year at some point to unleash his new effort,can't wait for either one.
Sir let's wait and see, oh couldn't resist this, are you planning on doing a poem about ex Strangler John Ellis? Sorry for being silly. :smt005 Lt Viceroy Kudu
I'll get you started -

"There once was a man called John
An E-Bow attached to his arm
He wore trackie bottoms
His vocals were rotten
And his solos went on all night long"

:lol:
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

There once was a man called Paul.
For the Stranglers was no good at all.
Although he could sing
It just wasn't his thing
Then he pissed off with woodblock an all!

I Hate You !
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Josh wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 09:26
He wore trackie bottoms
His vocals were rotten
To be fair to John at least his trackie bottoms were cuffed around the ankle.Unlike Hugh's 1970's pair which had elasticated straps under the feet. :lol:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:41
Josh wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 09:26
He wore trackie bottoms
His vocals were rotten
To be fair to John at least his trackie bottoms were cuffed around the ankle.Unlike Hugh's 1970's pair which had elasticated straps under the feet. :lol:
But Hugh always looked good in his.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I can still remember Hugh's blue pattened trousers on the beach to Everybody....Now they are trousers!
On the poem front,it was always about my love for the mk1 four...but they are all part of the stranglers family i agree.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:57 I can still remember Hugh's blue pattened trousers on the beach to Everybody....Now they are trousers!
On the poem front,it was always about my love for the mk1 four...but they are all part of the stranglers family i agree.
Yes John Ellis is a great guitarist but was wrong for the Stranglers. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 21:46
toilerinblack wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:57 I can still remember Hugh's blue pattened trousers on the beach to Everybody....Now they are trousers!
Yes John Ellis is a great guitarist but was wrong for the Stranglers. Lt Kudu.
Yes i think your right in just my opinion too, a very good guitarist that's not questionable,but it doesn't make him right for the stranglers,it was everything for me the style,the image,it just didn't work for me.I think he tried with Paul very hard to make it work, his work rate again is not questionable and i thank him for his time with the band as he kept working hard with PR when others had given up and i did like quite alot of his guitaring he did,but like many others it takes the right person to slot in as a strangler after Hugh which is near impossible to be fair to any artist like JE or PR too,but they've all helped to carry the stranglers on the long 46 odd year journey now,so a pat on every members back for their effects and contribution.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Honestly I have enough of the ninth grade poetry - at least John and Paul helped create some new stuff (that at times was pretty good btw) in a 7-8 year period and not take 18 years for three albums. And, as mentioned by many before, mk 2 in their early days was a very hot live band. Rant over.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

evonx wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 09:19 Honestly I have enough of the ninth grade poetry - at least John and Paul helped create some new stuff (that at times was pretty good btw) in a 7-8 year period and not take 18 years for three albums. And, as mentioned by many before, mk 2 in their early days was a very hot live band. Rant over.
I have a lot of time for both Paul and John, as I'm sure I've made clear elsewhere.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

evonx wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 09:19 Honestly I have enough of the ninth grade poetry - at least John and Paul helped create some new stuff (that at times was pretty good btw) in a 7-8 year period and not take 18 years for three albums. And, as mentioned by many before, mk 2 in their early days was a very hot live band. Rant over.
Can't disagree with any of this :smile:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Its good they are working together again on promo work for the new album....JJ thinks this is their masterpeice and best so far, so we shall see with anticipation.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 19 Jun 2021, 20:18, edited 24 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 15:20