JJ and Baz together again at last.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Re: JJ and Baz together again at last.

Post by Ruby »

If that's Baz's gaff then he's done very well from the Toy Dolls and the 'not the proper' Stranglers.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Greatkudu wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 23:31 Studios location changed 2020,i won't give address as you may all rush down and want a cider with JJ and Baz.
I doubt there'd be a mass exodus down to the South West,to be honest.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Bobinblack wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 08:57
evonx wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 22:26 Is it the farm though? Sil sold it and moved to France or am I misinformed? I would imagine it's Baz's place?
Can categorically confirm that it ain't Baz's place a few streets from my own :grin:
Baz’s place :lol:
Dunno though Bob, that stunning rolling countryside outside of that home JJ & Baz are photographed in does look a bit like sunny B**st*n!
:wink:
Spent a year or so there with an ex in the H*r*ch’s next to Cr*ss Fl*tts P*rk.
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 17 Jun 2021, 10:34, edited 2 times in total.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

LOL of course it's not Baz's house :lol:

They are at Stranglers HQ, Sil kept the recording studio but sold the other buildings.

Don't worry, nobody with any sense is rushing off anywhere, we're still under Covid restrictions thanks to Open Borders Boris :smt013
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

The studio is in the same place it always has been
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I was joking about all rushing down to the studios, my jokes are always unfunny. :smt013 Lt Kudu.
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:04
evonx wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 22:26 Is it the farm though? Sil sold it and moved to France or am I misinformed? I would imagine it's Baz's place?
Can categorically confirm that it ain't Baz's place a few streets from my own :grin:
Dunno though Bob, that stunning rolling countryside outside of that home JJ & Baz are photographed in does look a bit like sunny B**st*n!
Terrible job of ******** the names out, not that anyone doesn't know where they all live! :lol:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

i Hope this album has a few long solo or instrumental parts i miss them from the mk1 days....bring em back!
I was listening to' Ice' from the raven and it reminded me just how good this track starts what with JJs lead bass,how many start as good as' Ice' its a breathtaking start.Sorry if i've gone way of thread here only just listened to ice still blows me right out of the water, the raven is one serious album,just had to say it i hope dark matters has a few starts like that old track did,somehow i doubt it but still looking forward to hearing it in september.Thats my off thread done sorry about that.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:45 i Hope this album has a few long solo or instrumental parts i miss them from the mk1 days....bring em back!
I was listening to' Ice' from the raven and it reminded me just how good this track starts what with JJs lead bass,how many start as good as' Ice' its a breathtaking start.Sorry if i've gone way of thread here only just listened to ice still blows me right out of the water, the raven is one serious album,just had to say it i hope dark matters has a few starts like that old track did,somehow i doubt it but still looking forward to hearing it in september.Thats my off thread done sorry about that.
Don't think there are many long instrumental parts on new album? But not that long now to wait. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:39
toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:45 i Hope this album has a few long solo or instrumental parts i miss them from the mk1 days....bring em back!
Don't think there are many long instrumental parts on new album? But not that long now to wait. Lt Kudu.
Yeh i know your right,can dream those days are long gone that went post hugh.I don't know why they don't still or at least the odd track or two anyway off thread again.I think alongside Dark matters which i'm hoping is going to be a good one of the be post NC,time will tell,then It will be the gov'nors turn maybe next year at some point to unleash his new effort,can't wait for either one.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:04
You spelled H*r**ch wrong, mate :P

Some excellent properties in the area and Baz's is one of them, honestly. I went to Crass Flitts Pork school , school dinners and human flesh wasn't porky meat :smt003
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 22:45
Greatkudu wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:39
Yeh i know your right,can dream those days are long gone that went post hugh.I don't know why they don't still or at least the odd track or two anyway off thread again.I think alongside Dark matters which i'm hoping is going to be a good one of the be post NC,time will tell,then It will be the gov'nors turn maybe next year at some point to unleash his new effort,can't wait for either one.
Sir let's wait and see, oh couldn't resist this, are you planning on doing a poem about ex Strangler John Ellis? Sorry for being silly. :smt005 Lt Viceroy Kudu