JJ and Baz together again at last.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: JJ and Baz together again at last.

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 09:58 Lt Kudu out of his indie depth :lol:

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 09:50 We seem to be going very off thread here, let me get back on thread and say it was nice to see JJ and Baz together again. :smt005 :grin: :smt010 Lt Kudu.
Yes I hold my hands up, deff out of my depth, I used to consider Indie bands like the Monochrome Set, I'm showing my age, what an Old Codger I am. :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Greatkudu wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 09:58 Lt Kudu out of his indie depth Image

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 09:50 We seem to be going very off thread here, let me get back on thread and say it was nice to see JJ and Baz together again. :smt005 :grin: :smt010 Lt Kudu.
Yes I hold my hands up, deff out of my depth, I used to consider Indie bands like the Monochrome Set, I'm showing my age, what an Old Codger I am. :smt005 Lt Kudu.
The Monochrome Set are still going. However, without Lester they are a mere Shadow of their former Selves.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 09:58 Lt Kudu out of his indie depth :lol:

Jim
"indie"? :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sorry to go off thread again, I'm a big Meteors fan, are they considered indie? Lt Col kudu just finished a bottle of Italian wine, over and out. :smt010
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 23:22 Sorry to go off thread again
Hi there Kudu,

While it's been hilarious in its own way to see you repeating this ad nauseum for months on end, I'm once more going to draw your attention not only to Jim's announcement regarding forum etiquette, but also to the post that he made in response to YOU clarifying what we (as moderators) mean by "try to stay on topic" ...

To clarify further, since you've chosen to either ignore it or are somehow unable to comprehend it, it's to avoid serious thread derailment/topics spiralling out of control as a result of (for example, but not limited to) arguments/slanging matches/shit that could be avoided if people used their brain and sent a private message to a moderator and not to rein people in because a discussion is following its natural flow and deviating slightly from the topic itself.

You seem to worry about this a lot (or you're just trying and comically failing to be edgy or perhaps you're just trying to seek our attention - the mind boggles) so my advice is: don't. Leave it to the moderators (that's me or Jim, not you) to decide as ultimately it's our call. I'm sure you have other things to worry about.

tl;dr? Knock it off. You sound like a stuck record and I'm not telling you again.

Thanks.

Back on topic now, folks!*

(*literally, and also to clarify the correct context.)
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

:grin:
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 23:22 Sorry to go off thread again, I'm a big Meteors fan, are they considered indie? Lt Col kudu just finished a bottle of Italian wine, over and out. :smt010
Indie used to mean (or still does) music that's in the independent record charts but there was always too much overlap for that to be definitive, for example bands that then signed to major record lablels didn't automatically change their style and suddenly sound like Bros or Chris Rea...

For me it embodied a handful of genres that in the mid to late 80s and early 90s were not considered mainstream - as such, I'd say the Meteors weren't indie but alternative - which roughly was the same kind of thing but from the late 70s to mid 80s.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

For a while, indie just meant less commercial because those bands were less likely to get, or want major record label involvement. Looking at the indie charts from back in the day, there wasnt really and indie sound.

Didnt stock aiken and Waterman mess is all up by being independent and getting kylie and Rick Ashley in the indie charts?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Noticed Boo Radleys have a new single out. Indie or Britpop?

I remember seeing them at Reading 97 and Pulp were on the other stage. After they played "Wake Up Boo" there was about 5 people left in the crowd/tent.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 02:49
Greatkudu wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 23:22 Sorry to go off thread again
Hi there Kudu,

While it's been hilarious in its own way to see you repeating this ad nauseum for months on end, I'm once more going to draw your attention not only to Jim's announcement regarding forum etiquette, but also to the post that he made in response to YOU clarifying what we (as moderators) mean by "try to stay on topic" ...

To clarify further, since you've chosen to either ignore it or are somehow unable to comprehend it, it's to avoid serious thread derailment/topics spiralling out of control as a result of (for example, but not limited to) arguments/slanging matches/shit that could be avoided if people used their brain and sent a private message to a moderator and not to rein people in because a discussion is following its natural flow and deviating slightly from the topic itself.

You seem to worry about this a lot (or you're just trying and comically failing to be edgy or perhaps you're just trying to seek our attention - the mind boggles) so my advice is: don't. Leave it to the moderators (that's me or Jim, not you) to decide as ultimately it's our call. I'm sure you have other things to worry about.

tl;dr? Knock it off. You sound like a stuck record and I'm not telling you again.

Thanks.

Back on topic now, folks!*

(*literally, and also to clarify the correct context.)
Roger that. Lt Kudu.

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 09:07 Noticed Boo Radleys have a new single out. Indie or Britpop?

I remember seeing them at Reading 97 and Pulp were on the other stage. After they played "Wake Up Boo" there was about 5 people left in the crowd/tent.

Jim
Thanks for the tip-off. Will it be back to fuzzy shoegazing or slaphead friendly Britpop? :lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 09:07 Noticed Boo Radleys have a new single out. Indie or Britpop?
Yeah, I noticed this too... is Martin Carr even involved?

The Boos were a shoegaze band who went Britpop briefly, before ending up in the alternative rock category. Still have a lot of time for Giant Steps and Wake Up! (which isn't as straightforward or upbeat as the single suggests on the surface) ...