JJ and Baz together again at last.

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: JJ and Baz together again at last.

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 18:40
StanInBlack wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 01:50
Yanders wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 21:35 Looking back, the 80s was a difficult time for fashion.
The '80s were definitely a time with fashion in it.
Yep 100% was.
I wore Black all through the 80s I wonder why? Lt kudu, I wear black more than any other colour, although Black is a non colour as Hugh and Jet said in their infamous documentary about the colour Black.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I still wear black mostly - call yerself fans?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I also still wear black mostly, but it's more because I like to blend into the background than any desire to wear the same as everyone else. I did have a phase of wearing very bright shirts - and still have them all in case I want to bring them out again.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

droopsnoot wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 09:16 I also still wear black mostly, but it's more because I like to blend into the background than any desire to wear the same as everyone else. I did have a phase of wearing very bright shirts - and still have them all in case I want to bring them out again.
Keep that one quiet sir. :smt005 Lt Kudu.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Do people still wear all black in their 50s because of their favourite band? Even the band themselves don't do it, it's just a stage uniform.
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

I think the fact that its 'slimming' is more of a reason.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I think the fact that its 'slimming' is more of a reason.
8) :smt006
--eric--
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Do people still wear all black in their 50s because of their favourite band? Even the band themselves don't do it, it's just a stage uniform.
JB still does so we should too

And it's not just 'because oof our favourite band' - there's so much more to it.

"In fashion, black is a color that can never go wrong. Whether you wear black suits for a business meeting or a black dress for a dinner party, black is a versatile color that suits different moods and situations. There is a certain aura of confidence and mystery associated with black. It hides what it needs to and absorbs colors that try to outshine it. As black does not seek any attention, you look very professional and elegant when you wear it. People who mostly wear black, wear it because they like it, not to impress anyone. It also means that you need your privacy, you are secretive and you like to detach from society."
--eric--
and there i came
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Indeed, I don't wear black because I want to be like the Stranglers, I'm just happy wearing a dark colour. Like I said, it helps me to blend into the background, where I am content not to be noticed wherever possible. The only time my clothes aren't black is when I've been wearing them a bit too long and they start fading.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

droopsnoot wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 18:40 it helps me to blend into the background
You reckon? When I occasionally wear all black it's the exact opposite and certainly was when I was younger it was like wearing a target on my back.
Indeed after getting in one scrape, my brother cheerfully added, "what do you expect going around dressed in black all the time?" :lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Off thread Jet Black was always the most committed to the black attire of course he couldn't wear white being Jet Black, know its stage uniform, off thread I remember a story about the late great Joey Ramone, some years ago he had a Pizza delivery and he came to the door dressed in his regulation Leather bikers jacket, loved the story. Lt Kudu.
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

I doubt very much if jet black does just wear black when he’s plain old Brian duffy