Singles

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Singles

Post by Paul »

It'd be nice to get some airplay on the radio. I thought 'if you should see Dave' was airworthy, as is 'if somethings gonna kill me', but so far This Song and White Stallion seem to me to be the ones to have the potential to get some real recognition and airplay. It would be good.
It seems like the promotion of the new stuff is the best we've seen for years, but unless radio 2 decide to treat the band with the same respect they show to the manics or possibly Iron Maiden, any singles success is remote.
However, if the album makes the top 20 even, I'd be happy, and there's a chance of that.
....near the nearside window.....
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 23:11
toilerinblack wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 22:19
Cricklewood wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 21:45 Given that the album will likely reach its peak position on its first week before it freefalls into obscurity (a trend with older acts), I doubt there'll be another single. Wouldn't mind seeing it though.
yes your probably right at a guess,but if they were to release another single from this album then it would have to be White Stallion for me and what with tramp and relentless having never been singles in my opinion were the two biggest mistakes and regrets that just slipped by from this band that could of given them some success.But it's all a bit long in the tooth now with this band and singles to be honest just stay as an album band now is what i'd like to see them do,i don't really know why they still are releasing singles to be honest it's not like it's the '70s and '80s anymore,for me it means nothing anymore.
I guess the singles promote the album though on social media.
True enough but what promotion does this band get nowdays anyway? nothing,with the loss of Dave i thought more may promote and play their new stuff but no.So what promotion will their new their album get today? all they get to put them in a any forefront is reviews and that dosen't help them at all really i think.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 13 Aug 2021, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 23:11
toilerinblack wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 22:19
Cricklewood wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 21:45 Given that the album will likely reach its peak position on its first week before it freefalls into obscurity (a trend with older acts), I doubt there'll be another single. Wouldn't mind seeing it though.
yes your probably right at a guess,but if they were to release another single from this album then it would have to be White Stallion for me and what with tramp and relentless having never been singles in my opinion were the two biggest mistakes and regrets that just slipped by from this band that could of given them some success.But it's all a bit long in the tooth now with this band and singles to be honest just stay as an album band now is what i'd like to see them do,i don't really know why they still are releasing singles to be honest it's not like it's the '70s and '80s anymore,for me it means nothing anymore.
I guess the singles promote the album though on social media.
True enough but what promotion does this band get nowdays anyway? nothing really and especially after the the loss of Dave i thought more would be behind them and may promote and play some of their new stuff... but no!.So what promotion does their albums get today? all they get to put them in a any sort of forefront today is reviews and that dosen't help them much really i think anyway.In today's market it ain't gonna happen for them in a nice way they've had their day,it's only the hardcore that keeps them going.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 12 Aug 2021, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I guess the fans can do their bit by sharing the videos on twitter etc. There will probably be interviews on 6 Music etc but it's a shame their new songs aren't getting any airplay anywhere.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 11:25 I guess the fans can do their bit by sharing the videos on twitter etc. There will probably be interviews on 6 Music etc but it's a shame their new songs aren't getting any airplay anywhere.
Your right the fans do their bit with a bit of 6 music....that ain't enough to get them in any sort of good chart position,but hey i will gladly just own their new album and sod the charts at the end of the day.The fact is it's a shame but it's reality and it's a shame many more don't get the chance to hear their music because they still are a very good band with real pros in it that i'm sure on a larger scale they still could get many more new fans on board too.It's said that there are more younger fans seeing them than at any point in their history,well i haven't really seen much of that myself to be honest but it could be true.They still have a lot to offer as a live act and an album band,but just let any thoughts of singles go now in just my opinion,the only plus point to a single is we might get some nice bonus tracks on it too or something that didn't make the album like a sisterhood for example that we could get to hear that we wouldn't of without a single release.
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

jason wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 00:06
markorbit wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 23:19 Aren't singles for a lot of acts just downloadable tracks with a video that can be shared on social media?

I think there will be another couple of singles from the album. Why wouldn't there be?
Yes why not. They only released Mercury Rising from Giants though didn't they.
Personally if they're gonna release more singles or videos, I'd rather they keep doing it properly like they have been. Mercury Rising would be an example of a lazy, half-hearted effort. It had a meaningless video that no one would want to watch and a botched intro cut to the song that prob ruined the entire thing. (The track benefits alot from the buildup towards its main motif imo).

What they've done with the few tracks on Dark Matters so far is something that people might come back to on Youtube from time to time (as with all the old classics). I don't think there's anyone on this planet who would search for and share that Mercury Rising vid on social media.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I bought Mercury Rising for the instrumental version and live version of Sometimes. Shame they never released the instrumental of Lowlands on it too.