dark matters chart chances

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: dark matters chart chances

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
jetblacksdad wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 09:06 Gary Numan got to No 2!
He got to no. 2 with the album before it, too. The guy has a very devoted following that is larger now than it was in the late 80s/early 90s. AND he always focuses on new stuff and doesn't fall back on the oldies, and his career was in far worse shape than The Stranglers at one point.
What?? Even Mark2 Stranglers?? Hell, things must have been dire.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 22:14
StanInBlack wrote:
He got to no. 2 with the album before it, too. The guy has a very devoted following that is larger now than it was in the late 80s/early 90s. AND he always focuses on new stuff and doesn't fall back on the oldies, and his career was in far worse shape than The Stranglers at one point.
What?? Even Mark2 Stranglers?? Hell, things must have been dire.
They were. Around the time of Machine & Soul his career was pretty much down the toilet. It took a while, but he managed to pull himself out of it.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 19:25
Everything you have said is spot on,i've seen him a few times back in the day with tubeway army and again decades later at brixton a few years ago and he was still amazing if not better than when i saw him the first time the guy gets better and better.I think since he toke to the stage as frontman with and without his electric guitar hes been so much better and like hugh does too they both don't like to look back on the old materail but just keep moving forwards with new ideas and themes.Gary just gets better with age and like you say he has a massive ever growing and very devoted fanbase very much like the Stranglers have too.But then if you were big in the eighties you were lucky because those bands fans have stayed loyal ever since and they can all still pack out a venue.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 27 Jul 2021, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 18:19
I think they could still do well in the charts it just all depends on the promotion,but they have already been putting things into place with very good usage of youtube for the album that may well for non fanbase buyers after hearing the three they have put on there with the likes of White Stallion,Dave song,The lines may well want to buy the album.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 18:19

I think they could still do well in the charts it just all depends on the promotion,but they have already been putting things into place with very good usage of youtube for the album that may well for non fanbase buyers after hearing the three they have put on there with the likes of White Stallion,Dave song,The lines may well want to buy the album.
You have quoted your own reply...again!!! The LP will go Top 10 then disappear until maybe the UK Tour.

BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

It would be amazing if it hits the charts in some way, that would be really special

I think iron maiden will dominate the top spot for a while (it’s out the week before)

I don’t know what else is due around the same time?
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

BasiltheBrush wrote:It would be amazing if it hits the charts in some way, that would be really special

I think iron maiden will dominate the top spot for a while (it’s out the week before)

I don’t know what else is due around the same time?
I see the Manics have moved the Release of their LP to the 10th too.

Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Yanders »

Steps have their album on same day too.

Lots of heavy weight competition.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Yes new stranglers album and new steps album…this is my lucky day :grin:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

marky wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 18:22 Yes new stranglers album and new steps album…this is my lucky day :grin:
Oh no, I'm really torn now on which one to buy! :grin:
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Jason I’m saving up for both,!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Actually I think it's a shame the Manics album is coming out on the same day. I hope it doesn't have an impact on Dark Matters sales.