dark matters chart chances

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: dark matters chart chances

Post by parasiteinblack »

That is a shame, I think there could have been a good chance of the Stranglers getting their first number 1 album. I suspect the Manics will pip them to the post.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

jason wrote:Actually I think it's a shame the Manics album is coming out on the same day. I hope it doesn't have an impact on Dark Matters sales.
It undoubtedly will as they realised the Iron Maiden LP was coming out on the 3rd and came up with some Bullshit Production Delay.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 09:55
jason wrote:Actually I think it's a shame the Manics album is coming out on the same day. I hope it doesn't have an impact on Dark Matters sales.
It undoubtedly will as they realised the Iron Maiden LP was coming out on the 3rd and came up with some Bullshit Production Delay.

I think the amount of people who will make a choice of buying either The Stranglers album or Manics or Maiden is negligible - fans won't be deterred and not change their purchasing intentions, so the sales will remain the same.
What will differ is the chart position - but who takes notice anymore? Will the LP get better accolades, reviews and mentions if it charts 5 places higher?
I doubt it.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

8088 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:18
Cells&Plasma wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 09:55

I think the amount of people who will make a choice of buying either The Stranglers album or Manics or Maiden is negligible - fans won't be deterred and not change their purchasing intentions, so the sales will remain the same.
What will differ is the chart position - but who takes notice anymore? Will the LP get better accolades, reviews and mentions if it charts 5 places higher?
I doubt it.
I'm sure it would make a difference to the band for them to be able to say "this is our first ever number one album - the perfect tribute to Dave".

Post by 8088 »

parasiteinblack wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:19 I'm sure it would make a difference to the band for them to be able to say "this is our first ever number one album - the perfect tribute to Dave".
But with less sales than say Aural Sculpture, would it have any meaning?

If that was their agenda then I'm all for them delaying release until there's a "quiet patch."
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

8088 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:22
parasiteinblack wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:19 I'm sure it would make a difference to the band for them to be able to say "this is our first ever number one album - the perfect tribute to Dave".

If that was their agenda then I'm all for them delaying release until there's a "quiet patch."
Might not have much meaning to many of the fans but I think the band like stuff like that.
The old "24 top 40 hits" thing still rears it head sometimes when they've only had 23...
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

8088 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:22
They seemed to enjoy being able to say that "and if you see Dave" had hit number one, even if it was just in the "new Stranglers singles released this week with titles ending in an ellipsis" chart.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
STEVEh

Post by STEVEh »

HMV Norwich tweeting it’s their biggest selling album today. Only one shop but good to hear.

Currently number 9 in I Tunes chart.

Steps are number one with Manics at four. Both have had timely promotion this week with gigs on the BBC red button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

STEVEh wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 15:30 HMV Norwich tweeting it’s their biggest selling album today. Only one shop but good to hear.
8088, another Alan Partridge caption please
😀

Post by 8088 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 19:56 8088, another Alan Partridge caption please
😀
bisted.jpg
bisted.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 987 times
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Today's sun review 4 and a half stars out of five ending with enough to suggest they should carry on. I hope No man's land will be the next single.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

8088 wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 21:35
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 19:56 8088, another Alan Partridge caption please
😀
bisted.jpg
:lol:
:smt023