Jim

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Jim

Post by Josh »

Wasn't really sure where to put this, so I thought I'd create a new topic. Noticed the following quote in the blurb for the new album: "Surviving Stranglers band members, JJ Burnel, Baz Warne and newest member Jim Macaulay completed Dark Matters remotely during lockdowns, making it their first album since 2012" - does this mean that Jim is now classed as an official member?
Last edited by Josh on 05 May 2021, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
Fredib
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Jim

Post by Fredib »

I guess, yes.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

He's playing live drums on the new album and he's the guy sat on the drum stool live so I guess it's only right to call him a member of the band.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

This was always going to happen, wasn't it? I mean, the guy has stuck around for a while. The whole line about Jet approving/mentoring him etc. was just a way of not upsetting the applecart with the fans and was designed to put Jim in a position where he was more accepted as a replacement for Jet.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Good news about the live drums. So assume that includes the Somethings Gonna Kill me song album version?
I Hate You !
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'd be very surprised if it sounded any different to the version we've already heard.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Of course Jim is a Strangler now, and Jet did mentor him and gave his seal of approval,Jim has earned his stripes, and love his drumming on new album from what I have heard, a nice punchy snare sound. Lt Kudu.
bigrubberglove
Rats Rally

Post by bigrubberglove »

Jim 100% is and should be an official member given how everything has unfolded. Jet couldn’t drum, he wanted the band to continue and gave his blessings to Jim, who has toured and helped create a new album. Case closed.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

If there is still a "The Stranglers" then Jim, as well as Baz if course, are fully fledged "stranglers".

If either of them isn't a "strangler", then there isn't really such a thing as The Stranglers, if that makes any sense !
I Hate You !
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

aldinblack wrote: 05 May 2021, 19:12 If there is still a "The Stranglers" then Jim, as well as Baz if course, are fully fledged "stranglers".

If either of them isn't a "strangler", then there isn't really such a thing as The Stranglers, if that makes any sense !
Makes perfect sense. I'm glad everyone's in agreement about Jim, cracking drummer and a cracking guy to boot.
Never say goodbye,
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Of course - why wouldn't he be? Jim is a great drummer and an all-round awesome guy 8)
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

sendwarrior wrote: 05 May 2021, 19:49 Of course - why wouldn't he be? Jim is a great drummer and an all-round awesome guy 8)
I think the album promo blurb is the first time he's been referred to as the "newest member", so I wasn't sure if they were still classing him as the touring drummer, despite his appearance on previous promo materials. Agreed about the 2nd part though.
Never say goodbye,