Jim

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Jim

Post by toilerinblack »

He's a strangler for sure in my mind and should be included in the rat chats and interviews and what with Jets health obviously won't do many either nowdays, but who will always remain the bands senior statesman from time to time. So the media obviously firstly will always interview JJ the only now remaining original member with baz by his side too as the two main frontmen and songwriters of the band about any new material,changes or tours, when you think of it for as long as Dave was in the band of over 40 odd years he was hardly ever interviewed much unless that was out of choice many don't like interviews,but on the whole the media will always interview the faces people know and associate with that particular band in question, but yes i think it would be nice to include Jim too who i think has more than proven himself to be a worthy strangler who's done a fantastic job who seems a really nice person too.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 23 Jul 2021, 18:24, edited 19 times in total.
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

He plays the drums for the stranglers, what else would he be.
kenl

Post by kenl »

Well deserved and great to see him recognised.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

zamaguire wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 16:43 He plays the drums for the stranglers, what else would he be.
Exactly.He's the 'touring drummer' which sort of implies that Jet Black is still the drummer,which he isn't.
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

Jim has a writing credit on Dark Matters
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jet will always be the Stranglers drummer, even though he is retired from playing as he was the Co founder and the time he spent with the band in their Golden Days, and he is still listed as a band member, but of course in an advisory role, but Jim of course is a Strangler now, but only because Jet retired, he doesn't have the core bond that Jet has with JJ obviously,but he is helping the band carry on and is a fine drummer and nice bloke, maybe a bit to nice for the Stranglers? Lt Kudu, I play drums and know all the beats if Jim ever gets ill for a gig or to. :smt012
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

zamaguire wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 16:43 He plays the drums for the stranglers, what else would he be.
A hired gun with tenure.

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 09:42 a fine drummer and nice bloke
Ah, that most coveted of star qualities - being a "nice bloke."

Imagine how so much better the Sex Pistols would've been if they'd all been nice blokes - you know, like politicians are...

:lol:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 10:16
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 09:42 a fine drummer and nice bloke
Ah, that most coveted of star qualities - being a "nice bloke."

Imagine how so much better the Sex Pistols would've been if they'd all been nice blokes - you know, like politicians are...

:lol:
Well yes being a nice bloke or woman has never been an accolade for making great music,some of the most moody and difficult people are musical geniuses, an example being Ritchie Blackmore. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I can't see Jim going up to a copper and saying, what would you do if I called you a ffing wanker etc, but those were different times and Jim is a mellow character compared to Jet some years ago, when the lack of food in hotels after gigs caused problems, but Jim is a very talented drummer, but of course he lacks the finesse of Jet, a harder hitting drummer but still good. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 09:42 Jet will always be the Stranglers drummer, even though he is retired from playing as he was the Co founder and the time he spent with the band in their Golden Days, and he is still listed as a band member, but of course in an advisory role, but Jim of course is a Strangler now, but only because Jet retired, he doesn't have the core bond that Jet has with JJ obviously,but he is helping the band carry on and is a fine drummer and nice bloke, maybe a bit to nice for the Stranglers? Lt Kudu, I play drums and know all the beats if Jim ever gets ill for a gig or to. :smt012
That's right Jim will never have what Jet and JJ had and still do share together obviously being founder and original members from way back when.
So is Jim to nice to be a Strangler i don't think that matters at all really, he drums and does the job well who is on this bands wavelength and well liked and appreciated by most fans for more than 9 odd years, so for me all round he has more than ticked all the boxes to still be labelled the filler.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 24 Jul 2021, 15:51, edited 3 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 15:09
Greatkudu wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 09:42 Jet will always be the Stranglers drummer, even though he is retired from playing as he was the Co founder and the time he spent with the band in their Golden Days, and he is still listed as a band member, but of course in an advisory role, but Jim of course is a Strangler now, but only because Jet retired, he doesn't have the core bond that Jet has with JJ obviously,but he is helping the band carry on and is a fine drummer and nice bloke, maybe a bit to nice for the Stranglers? Lt Kudu, I play drums and know all the beats if Jim ever gets ill for a gig or to. :smt012
i hope Jets all well and in good health still.