New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: New keyboard player

Post by Greatkudu »

Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:16
Greatkudu wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:12
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:09

I am and have been for 39 years!
Can I say how I love this song, I'm so pleased it will be on the album, a fantastic piece of work. Lt Kudu.

Thanks 😊 That’s great to hear
Not at all, I love the song, it's just fantastic, I won't make your head any bigger Joking, I can wait to hear the recorded version, it's like a song the Stranglers could have written, and its all clear now why you couldnt say about the album some months ago,once again great song Sir. Lt Kudu
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

It is a great song. So much so I even bought it. I'm guessing you'll get a credit on the album Mathew?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:25 It is a great song. So much so I even bought it. I'm guessing you'll get a credit on the album Mathew?

Jim
Yeah it’ll be credited to me as the songwriter or the band as the performers of the original recording.
One odd thing is that I think I always prefer it when the albums are all self penned. I remember being disappointed when I got Nosferatu and Euroman that White Room and Pretty Face were covers!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice. I do agree on the cover version on the actual album though. Guilty of it before

Jim
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:31
theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:25 It is a great song. So much so I even bought it. I'm guessing you'll get a credit on the album Mathew?

Jim
Yeah it’ll be credited to me as the songwriter or the band as the performers of the original recording.
One odd thing is that I think I always prefer it when the albums are all self penned. I remember being disappointed when I got Nosferatu and Euroman that White Room and Pretty Face were covers!
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:34 Nice. I do agree on the cover version on the actual album though. Guilty of it before

Jim
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:31

Jim
Yes it’s a natural reaction. I heard 96 Tears before I realised it was a cover and it changes an aspect of the way you view it.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

One question I do have Mathew - Did you get over the lass in the song? 8)

Jim
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:50 One question I do have Mathew - Did you get over the lass in the song? 8)

Jim
Absolutely! But it needed a song to sort it out properly
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good, good. You ever thought about doing a version "This Song Will Get Me Over Hugh"? :lol: :smt008

Jim
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:52
theraven1979 wrote: 10 May 2021, 16:50 One question I do have Mathew - Did you get over the lass in the song? 8)

Jim
Absolutely! But it needed a song to sort it out properly
Mathew S
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Mathew S »

:grin: Well like many of us on the newly formed Stranglers V section of the forum, I don’t think I’ll ever get over Hugh...certainly not with just a song for emotional support 😀
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:20 :grin: Well like many of us on the newly formed Stranglers V section of the forum, I don’t think I’ll ever get over Hugh...certainly not with just a song for emotional support 😀
Well thats always been the case for me too, i'm a MK1 fan through and through and nothing since has come close for me,but saying that credit where credits due and so far with all they told and shown us in the last week or so has been an eye opener and a big thumbs up from me,i have been surprised to say the least.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote:
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:20 :grin: Well like many of us on the newly formed Stranglers V section of the forum, I don’t think I’ll ever get over Hugh...certainly not with just a song for emotional support Image
Well thats always been the case for me too, i'm a MK1 fan through and through and nothing since has come close for me,but saying that credit where credits due and so far with all they told and shown us in the last week or so has been an eye opener and a big thumbs up from me,i have been surprised to say the least.
But you loved the Mark 2 Gig at Brixton in June 91?? Or did you walk out??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 10 May 2021, 19:17
toilerinblack wrote:
Mathew S wrote: 10 May 2021, 18:20 :grin: Well like many of us on the newly formed Stranglers V section of the forum, I don’t think I’ll ever get over Hugh...certainly not with just a song for emotional support Image
But you loved the Mark 2 Gig at Brixton in June 91?? Or did you walk out??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah i did i walk from the Brixton MK11 gig,it was Pauls first gig i saw not long after Hugh had left,the only time i ever did walk from any gig,but i do remember them starting with 5 mins and i walked after the 5th or 6th song cant remember exactly. I just could'nt handle it after Hugh,It was just the way i felt at the time, i was still so gutted and seeing them with paul it was just too soon after hugh and too different and when Paul sang some hugh songs that was it for me.Infact i probably wouldnt do that today after paying to see somebody i'd stick it out even if i didnt like them...lol
Last edited by toilerinblack on 10 May 2021, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.