New keyboard player

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

cassini
Ugly
Ugly

New keyboard player

Post by cassini »

Former keyboard player from a stranglers tribute band / that narrows it down a bit
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: New keyboard player

Post by Cricklewood »

JJ said he knew him about 20 years ago? That might narrow it to late 30s at the least
alaninblack
Rats Rally

Post by alaninblack »

"Sprock" from tribute band No More Heroes.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Hmmm I wonder in that John Robb interview where JJ sez he’s singing a song in French & Japanese could be a clue?
He’s played with French & Japanese bands as we all know but I don’t know about The Stranglers tribute thing he also mentioned.
Or it could be nothing and it’s just his French roots and fondness for Japan.
I can hear the The Twilight Zone theme tune playing..... :grin:
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well i dont know about a former straighten out player but for me as ive been going on and on about for me is mick turley the present one,hes brilliant hes met dave with a lovely pic of him with dave on their site, hes the one name i would have as i've been saying for about a year now.But if it is a tribute player at all in any shape or form then again they have got it right in just my view.I keep saying give it to someone who loves daves music plays daves music and is a fan of this band then they would get it about right,we dont need big names just someone whos a fan and loves this bands music thats all i would say but again who they bring in is up to them its their band i'm just one fans worth in opinions, but we shall see who they have got.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

toilerinblack wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:45 Well i dont know about a former straighten out player but for me as ive been going on and on about for me is mick turley the present one,hes brilliant hes met dave with a lovely pic of him with dave on their sight hes the one name i would have,that ive been saying for about a year now.But if it is a tribute player at all in any shape or form then again they have got it right, but we shall see who they have got.
Yeah that Mick fella is very good from the vids I’ve seen on youtube and plays/ sounds like Dave did in the 70’s / early 80’s with the same sort of equipment being utilised but did he play with JJ 20 years ago though?
:smt017
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You already know the answer to that ASG remember? The whole "I know who the keyboard player is" posts that you did

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:53
toilerinblack wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:45 Well i dont know about a former straighten out player but for me as ive been going on and on about for me is mick turley the present one,hes brilliant hes met dave with a lovely pic of him with dave on their sight hes the one name i would have,that ive been saying for about a year now.But if it is a tribute player at all in any shape or form then again they have got it right, but we shall see who they have got.
Yeah that Mick fella is very good from the vids I’ve seen on youtube and plays/ sounds like Dave did in the 70’s / early 80’s with the same sort of equipment being utilised but did he play with JJ 20 years ago though?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Am hoping it's the girl from Rattus Hungaricus 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHkab-PIjlc
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

theraven1979 wrote: 06 May 2021, 08:28 You already know the answer to that ASG remember? The whole "I know who the keyboard player is" posts that you did

Jim
Yes. Correct.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

So why ask the question?

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 06 May 2021, 14:26
theraven1979 wrote: 06 May 2021, 08:28 You already know the answer to that ASG remember? The whole "I know who the keyboard player is" posts that you did

Jim

Yes. Correct.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

Indeed yes why would one ask if one knew?.....?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Yeah i dont know thats the puzzler who was it that played with JJ 20 years ago i don't know and i don't know Straighten Outs history that far back,i only got into them a couple of years ago.JJ has said its a Dave disciple what ever that means lol the mystery thickens,i take it that means maybe a real fan of Daves that can play his music maybe or admires him or could be a follower of him and the band maybe i don't know i'm just guessing like everybody else.But whoever he or she is a fan of Dave is good to me that's the wavelength i'd like them to be on,i'd be happy.I've been saying this for god knows how long in just my opinion don't get some big name or someone whos not really into this band,to me that would be defeating the object of Daves replacement and i'm sure JJ has given it real thought about all that to get the right someone to takover from dave and his equipment too,well i think thats what he means will this new player be using daves equipment? if so i think that would be fantastic too his music and equipment will carry on in his name and memory still with his fans.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 06 May 2021, 17:27, edited 3 times in total.