New. JJ Interviewed by John Robb

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: New. JJ Interviewed by John Robb

Post by evonx »

Really enjoyed this!
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

John Robb is so obviously a fan, and has been for a long time-
and although every one of us watching that video were shouting,
"Thrown Away, it's Thrown Away!" at least he remembered it
before JJ did :lol:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Great interview.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

MiB81 wrote: 05 May 2021, 10:25 John Robb is so obviously a fan, and has been for a long time-
and although every one of us watching that video were shouting,
"Thrown Away, it's Thrown Away!" at least he remembered it
before JJ did :lol:
LOL yes I could almost hear the legions of fans shouting out the answer!
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Rob is great and I loved his Punk book, I saw him once at a Stranglers Leeds gig.
:smile:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 05 May 2021, 12:09 Rob is great and I loved his Punk book, I saw him once at a Stranglers Leeds gig.
Where's Mr Hardy? :smt005, yes John a lovely bloke, met him after an SLF gig and he is a passionate Stranglers fan and loves Laurel and Hardy to. Lt Kudu. :smt005
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 04 May 2021, 18:56 I can't bear nearly 50 minutes of John Robb waffling on, he's got a reputation for going round the houses and I just can't be bothered with it...
He does have a tendency to go 'round the houses a bit, but I often just put that down to him being enthusiastic, particularly when it comes to The Stranglers! His book on punk rock is probably one of my favourite books on the subject, and to be fair during this interview he seems to let JJ do most of the talking. You can very much tell that JJ is still trying to come to terms with the loss of a long-time friend/bandmate, too. This can't be easy for him.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 May 2021, 13:59
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 05 May 2021, 12:09 Rob is great and I loved his Punk book, I saw him once at a Stranglers Leeds gig.
Where's Mr Hardy? :smt005, yes John a lovely bloke, met him after an SLF gig and he is a passionate Stranglers fan and loves Laurel and Hardy to. Lt Kudu. :smt005
He was just stood behind me at Sex Pistol's at Crystal Palace in 2004 .I knew I recognised him back then but couldn't quite place him , until I saw him on TV.
All quiet ..........
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Good interview but the nervous laugh all the time just puts me off. I found it so distracting!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

As others have said,great interview

Love the Jet Black impressions :grin:
See You At The Bar
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 May 2021, 20:49 A fucking great interview, I take back my comments on the French interview, JJ still hurting about Dave, and they have done Dave proud by completing album, it sounds a really good album, JJ comes across as a really decent chap, and John Robb what a fucking great interviewer he is, his passion for the Stranglers is so genuine, I urge everyone to listen to this interview and even Mylor the dog makes an appearance, a Swiss shepherd dog, can't wait for the album, I did predict it would be great, and by all accounts it could be up their as one of their best for years? But let's wait and see, but I have a feeling that this is one special album. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed great great interview and JJ by what what hes been thinking and telling us about with a replacement to dave is someone who loves daves music can play daves musicl earnt from daves style of play too which is all i've wanted who was in the tribute band too,this is exactly where i've been coning from and saying on here about straighten out and Dave.I'm just so glad and happy that thats the sort of person they've picked, i just dont know who their old player is from 20 years ago i only know the present keyboard player who i do think is fantastic anyway.So overall, i think and it sounds like JJ has made the right move and judgement for Daves replacement....we shall see in time.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

toilerinblack wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:34
Greatkudu wrote: 04 May 2021, 20:49 A fucking great interview, I take back my comments on the French interview, JJ still hurting about Dave, and they have done Dave proud by completing album, it sounds a really good album, JJ comes across as a really decent chap, and John Robb what a fucking great interviewer he is, his passion for the Stranglers is so genuine, I urge everyone to listen to this interview and even Mylor the dog makes an appearance, a Swiss shepherd dog, can't wait for the album, I did predict it would be great, and by all accounts it could be up their as one of their best for years? But let's wait and see, but I have a feeling that this is one special album. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed great great interview and JJ by what what hes been thinking and telling us about with a replacement to dave is someone who loves daves music can play daves musicl earnt from daves style of play too which is all i've wanted who was in the tribute band too,this is exactly where i've been coning from and saying on here about straighten out and Dave.I'm just so glad and happy that thats the sort of person they've picked, i just dont know who their old player is from 20 years ago i only know the present keyboard player who i do think is fantastic anyway.So overall, i think and it sounds like JJ has made the right move and judgement for Daves replacement....we shall see in time.
What a thing to happen in your life , part of a tribute Stranglers band and to then become part of the real thing . Wow !!!!!
All quiet ..........