New. JJ Interviewed by John Robb

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: New. JJ Interviewed by John Robb

Post by theraven1979 »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 06 May 2021, 19:34
Greatkudu wrote: 04 May 2021, 20:49 A fucking great interview, I take back my comments on the French interview, JJ still hurting about Dave, and they have done Dave proud by completing album, it sounds a really good album, JJ comes across as a really decent chap, and John Robb what a fucking great interviewer he is, his passion for the Stranglers is so genuine, I urge everyone to listen to this interview and even Mylor the dog makes an appearance, a Swiss shepherd dog, can't wait for the album, I did predict it would be great, and by all accounts it could be up their as one of their best for years? But let's wait and see, but I have a feeling that this is one special album. Lt Kudu.
Yep agreed great great interview and JJ by what what hes been thinking and telling us about with a replacement to dave is someone who loves daves music can play daves musicl earnt from daves style of play too which is all i've wanted who was in the tribute band too,this is exactly where i've been coning from and saying on here about straighten out and Dave.I'm just so glad and happy that thats the sort of person they've picked, i just dont know who their old player is from 20 years ago i only know the present keyboard player who i do think is fantastic anyway.So overall, i think and it sounds like JJ has made the right move and judgement for Daves replacement....we shall see in time.
What a thing to happen in your life , part of a tribute Stranglers band and to then become part of the real thing . Wow !!!!!
I'm guessing this person is a musician from a band who dabbled in an occasional tribute band

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

It wouldn't be the first time that a band replaced one of their members with someone from a tribute band. If I recall, Yes did this when looking for replacements for Jon Anderson at one point, and I think Alice Cooper has selected musicians from tribute bands over the years - it makes sense, as you're talking about people that already know, love and are into the material.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

A superb interview so open, honest and frank and have learnt a lot more about this album.JJ thinks its up there as one of their best,its their most adult and mature album to date its a very acoustic one which i really like the sound of.The albums opening track is Water theres tracks called breathe,lines which is a JJ acoustic track about facial lines,theres White Stallion about america and trump.Dave is on 8 tracks of the 11,which they think has some of his best work to date with his classic runs through most of the album .So like JJ said also that he treats each album as if it was the last but you keep going he said and i had to laugh when he said if another album toke another 8 years i will probably not be here.Overall a great interview from JJ and i thought John Robb was good too and i really cant wait now to hear this album which could very well be a really good one,even a classic lets hope so.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

StanInBlack wrote: 06 May 2021, 20:59 It wouldn't be the first time that a band replaced one of their members with someone from a tribute band. If I recall, Yes did this when looking for replacements for Jon Anderson at one point, and I think Alice Cooper has selected musicians from tribute bands over the years - it makes sense, as you're talking about people that already know, love and are into the material.
Yep, your right to remind us about other bands previously too thats done this with using tribute bands members when needed for whatever reason, this i agree just makes total sense...100% agreed.For some people who may not be musicians themselves may not realise or understand just how hard this is to do in reality, come in and atke over especially even more with this bands situation of someone like dave after 46 years and play all his parts right and in time and well song after song.So thats why im all for someone who has had years of experiance doing exactly that and very well too to the very same fans that the real band play to as well...just make total sense and you cut down all the learning and rehearsal time that would be needed for a novice to attempt doing this over a full live gigs worth,very hard task i think.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:It wouldn't be the first time that a band replaced one of their members with someone from a tribute band. If I recall, Yes did this when looking for replacements for Jon Anderson at one point, and I think Alice Cooper has selected musicians from tribute bands over the years - it makes sense, as you're talking about people that already know, love and are into the material.
Indeed Alice has....Nita Strauss used to play Guitar in The Iron Maidens...but I guess she knew most of his Material too!! Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 07 May 2021, 16:27
StanInBlack wrote: 06 May 2021, 20:59 It wouldn't be the first time that a band replaced one of their members with someone from a tribute band. If I recall, Yes did this when looking for replacements for Jon Anderson at one point, and I think Alice Cooper has selected musicians from tribute bands over the years - it makes sense, as you're talking about people that already know, love and are into the material.
Yep, your right to remind us about other bands previously too thats done this with using tribute bands members when needed for whatever reason, this i agree just makes total sense...100% agreed.For some people who may not be musicians themselves may not realise or understand just how hard this is to do in reality, come in and atke over especially even more with this bands situation of someone like dave after 46 years and play all his parts right and in time and well song after song.So thats why im all for someone who has had years of experiance doing exactly that and very well too to the very same fans that the real band play to as well...just make total sense and you cut down all the learning and rehearsal time that would be needed for a novice to attempt doing this over a full live gigs worth,very hard task i think.
John Robb is one of the nicest most genuine men you will ever meet in music, he did a great job, and JJ respects John and vice versa, if you ever meet John and mention the stranglers, I suggest you find a comfortable chair as you will be talking for quite a long time, when I met him after support to SLf, the bouncers said, it's time to leave, John said he is with us, about 45 mins later I left or an hour? But he has a love of the stranglers music which is so genuine and he is a very funny and down to earth chap, well done John. Lt Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 07 May 2021, 17:28
John Robb is one of the nicest most genuine men you will ever meet in music, he did a great job, and JJ respects John and vice versa, if you ever meet John and mention the stranglers, I suggest you find a comfortable chair as you will be talking for quite a long time, when I met him after support to SLf, the bouncers said, it's time to leave, John said he is with us, about 45 mins later I left or an hour? But he has a love of the stranglers music which is so genuine and he is a very funny and down to earth chap, well done John. Lt Kudu.
I agree too, i thought John Robb done a great interview and seems a really nice man,i thought it was a great JJ interview he seems a much more relaxed person whose matured as well with his ideas and views on life in general.I was very impressed with his talk of this is not a one man band but its a full band members input into everything.I could see that hes still enjoying his craft so much and wants to continue on his hard times after dave which i thought was a very nice and frank interview,this band has now got everybodys intrest around the world which is great news,i've a feeling this albums gonna be a classic and i cant wait especially for me that there are alot of acoustics on Dark Matters which for me anyway is just fantastic news.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 08 May 2021, 13:35
Greatkudu wrote: 07 May 2021, 17:28
I agree too, i thought John Robb done a great interview and seems a really nice man,i thought it was a great JJ interview he seems a much more relaxed person whose matured as well with his ideas and views on life in general.I was very impressed with his talk of this is not a one man band but its a full band members input into everything.I could see that hes still enjoying his craft so much and wants to continue on his hard times after dave which i thought was a very nice and frank interview,this band has now got everybodys intrest around the world which is great news,i've a feeling this albums gonna be a classic and i cant wait especially for me that there are alot of acoustics on Dark Matters which for me anyway is just fantastic news.
Sir I think it will be the best album since Dreamtime, if not I will eat my hat. :smt005 Lt Laurel Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Fascinating interview with Brother John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4L8I4kINU

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth